• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do think these games are going to be Gen 8. I don't think they would do another technical remake (with Sinnoh, because at that point it will have been 5 years since ORAS, so Sinnoh can now be redone), even though LGPE are very different than the average remake, I think a new gen is far more likely. I think after LGPE are done, I'll be ready to see one too. Hoping they will bring back gyms with it too.

I'm thinking that the 2019 game is a sequel to an older game. I believe that it will combine the elements of a new gen and a remake.

I'm thinking that the 2019 game is a sequel to an older game. I believe that it will combine the elements of a new gen and a remake.
Masuda said they are not sequels of let's go games. They clearly said these games will be in line with x/y and s/m. From my point of view, this means they are main serie games and gen 8.

If anything, this is what they should have done with Kanto but didn't. I don't see why they would do it with any region now.

Masuda said they are not sequels of let's go games. They clearly said these games will be in line with x/y and s/m. From my point of view, this means they are main serie games and gen 8.
I don't think that they are Gen 8. GF likes to break patterns. We shouldn't expect anything.

I really can't see these games not being gen 8 when they were pretty much announced so early to appease the people that were expecting the 2018 game to be a new gen. The announcement was literally a "dont worry!" sort of thing

They like to break patterns but I don't feel like the standard starters, legends, region formula is going anywhere. The game presumably started dev once they wrapped up S/M dev and is going through the standard dev cycle every new generation goes through. They said they felt the series will need to be different moving to switch but imo that will affect things like presentation, gameplay, etc.

It's safe to expect gen 8 as the next switch game, especially when LGPE exist.

Think that it will be a Switch game?... I really want to believe that but... you never know with GameFreak especially with the 3DS still around.

@Wallflower Canyon If you think I have anything against you personally you're reading too much into things. My disagreements with you have been purely ideological, not personal.

Now as for 8th gen being 2019, the problem isn't just the date itself. It's about development time and what else they're working on. Having LGPE this year instead of a break year makes a difference because Game Freak is diverting resources to that game instead of focusing on 8th gen. As a result, the final product would likely be of the same quality as it would if it were releasing in 2018, except we're getting it a year later.

Now if Niantic was developing this game independently? That'd be a different story and I would be more receptive to this business strategy. Then Game Freak would be free to focus more on the next gen games while Niantic can use the Let's Go games to fill in the gaps in the lineup. But as is with Game Freak collaborating it'll inevitably hold 8th gen back in some way.

I really can't see these games not being gen 8 when they were pretty much announced so early to appease the people that were expecting the 2018 game to be a new gen. The announcement was literally a "dont worry!" sort of thing

They like to break patterns but I don't feel like the standard starters, legends, region formula is going anywhere. The game presumably started dev once they wrapped up S/M dev and is going through the standard dev cycle every new generation goes through. They said they felt the series will need to be different moving to switch but imo that will affect things like presentation, gameplay, etc.

It's safe to expect gen 8 as the next switch game, especially when LGPE exist.
Wow, when you point out that they say "Don't worry" almost implies the 2019 game announcement was just damage control for this. Oh man, it's USUM all over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom