• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think that it will be a Switch game?... I really want to believe that but... you never know with GameFreak especially with the 3DS still around.

Let’s just go ahead and nip this idea in the bud:

> Finally, Mr. Masuda returned to the stage to give us a tease at the next major project in development. While Pokémon Quest and Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! represent new and different play styles, he let fans know that a new Pokémon core RPG, developed by GAME FREAK, is planned for launch on Nintendo Switch in late 2019!

Maybe the 3DS is dying, or maybe it really isn't. None of us really know what's going on behind the closed doors of GameFreak and Nintendo.

Plus they never really openly stated about placing the new games on Switch.

Edit: Never mind. Thanks @Esserise I didn't know that (posted my reply after your so didn't see it)

Well I guess we know why the rumors have been so conflicting. Looks like there were definitely two separate games in development all along. I knew people had nothing to worry about. I think that next years game will appease much of the fandom. It'll certainly be way more up the alley of many of the die hard fans that's for sure. Either way at least know it's coming. I suspect we'll get info on it by February of next year. I think the reason they held off on giving us news on LGPE is because it's not as big of a title as the traditional main series games are. So next year we'll likely get the usual news cycle we're all used to.

Last edited:
I'm really confused, are these games Generation 7 or 8? And is it really a spin-off or main-series, or a mixture of both?

I'm really confused, are these games Generation 7 or 8? And is it really a spin-off or main-series, or a mixture of both?
Purely going by the old rigid definition of a generation Let's Go would be considered Gen 7. Although it being on a new console muddles it a lot. On that same note the 2019 being "brand-new experiences", which most likes means a new region and set of pokemon would be Gen 8.

Kind of. The classic definition of generations is quickly losing it's meaning in modern pokemon.

It's not really a spin-off and according to them it's not a remake either. Nor do I think it's gen 7 either. It's post gen 7 let's say. Somewhere in between. And despite what people may think, this is pokemon's first step into the world of the switch

I'm guessing that Gen 8 will take place in a Spanish region. Mainly because of that one NPC in a town with a lighthouse (can't remember the name at the moment) speak some lines in Spanish. This really reminds me of that backpacker in Kalos who was revealed to be from Alola.

I'm guessing that Gen 8 will take place in a Spanish region. Mainly because of that one NPC in a town with a lighthouse (can't remember the name at the moment) speak some lines in Spanish. This really reminds me of that backpacker in Kalos who was revealed to be from Alola.
And that magazine that said Pokémon Gen 8 will be on the switch came from Spain as well. That could be interesting.

We might get a bull legendary, since running with the bulls is pretty big up there.

Well gamefreak will certainly sprinkle some hints here and there for the 2019 games in the Let‘s go games.

I wonder if some rumors are still debunked now that we know Let's Go and Gen 8 were being worked on in tandem, meaning there might still be insider info.

I am remembering the discussion a month or so ago about Pokemon Worlds in August and how something that couldn't be discussed during the time of an interview seemed to be possible to happen there, and the person being interviewed decided to schedule travel to the event.

That might be too early for a first look at Gen 8, one would conclude.

However it should still be mentioned that it would fit the precedent of Breath of the Wild (known abstractly at the time as Zelda Wii U) being previewed a couple of times, even earlier in development.

I wonder if some rumors are still debunked now that we know Let's Go and Gen 8 were being worked on in tandem, meaning there might still be insider info.
Well, the Italian leaks are debunked because they said that the gen 8 games were coming out this year. That was the only leak I can think of that actually gained a little bit of traction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom