• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is not true at all

View attachment 110547
Crawled back out of boredom and saw art discussion, figured I'd drop my two cents. XD

I like the Let's Go shading for the most part, but I think it would have been improved if they had included the highlights on the eyes. That said, the 3DS shading gives a fluffier appearance that I personally prefer over LGPE's more spiky look there.

But it goes against the classic pokemon art direction, pokemon is suppose to look more cartoony and cell shaded just look at the official artoworks and every single sprite before these games
I actually think that the Pokémon Let's Go style resembles the sprites from Gens IV and V more. The colors are far more vibrant and less washed out. Not only that, but it is still cartoony. That coloring style is far from realistic. (Pokken Tournament is more realistic in comparison) I can certainly understand the complaint that it looks like plastic, I do agree with that. (Deeper contrast with the colors and a bit more shading would likely alleviate this, though I doubt they'll be changing it if they decide to choose this coloring style)

But I believe that it brings more life to the Pokémon world with the vibrancy. So a trade off. And it looks closer to Pokémon Stadium (and Colosseum/XD/Battle Revolution), which one might recall is one of the first 3D games. Gamefreak was never truly concerned with retaining a consistent art style. If they were, then all games and artwork would still resemble the water colors of Gen I.

I think the art style is ok, coyld use better lighting, but hey its still fine. I agree the battle UI is bad though. Its blocks and bland. Doesnt blend well.

The same source also claimed that "[The NX] can literally Bluetooth synch with everything, especially smart phone and tablets to the point where one feature is that it can answer phone calls and display text messages from your phone onto the screens itself so you don’t have to stop and answer your smart device." , and that "The operating system, named NintendOS alone is very powerful and has so many modern features of mobile operating systems today that Nintendo is trying to be very careful in showing it off for fear that it would be mistaken as running Android." ( x ).

I think it's also worth mentioning that +- aren't Gen 8 leaks-they're Gen 7 leaks. (The article, from 2014, explicitly calls them the next generation) The entirety of Gen 7 is evidence against it.
These are definitely points against +- leak. It has been a long time since I read the full write up so I didn’t remember all these details. Point taken.

have to model all pokemon
But they already have all the models in high res HD...

Also this time around you don't have to worry about accidentally KOing a Shiny Pokemon you found.
But we need to worry about it running away like GO

As for the art style- I like both the 3DS and LGPE styles and don’t have a preference in that matter. That said, LGPE looks more vibrant and inviting to me.

Last edited:
And that magazine that said Pokémon Gen 8 will be on the switch came from Spain as well. That could be interesting.

We might get a bull legendary, since running with the bulls is pretty big up there.

Other than vague nods to firebirds and water dragons in Johto, or the concept of kaiju in Hoenn, the box legendaries have never really taken their primary inspiration from location flavor. If we were to get a region based on Spain, I’d imagine anything resembling a bull would be more akin to Furfrou; a Pokémon that shares similarities with something normally associated with the region’s culture.

But they already have all the models in high res HD...
This is one thing I don't get is when people mention them having to "model all of the pokemon." If you look at the LGPE trailer, it's clearly the exact same models just with a different render? I feel like it's obvious that we're not getting new models for Gen 8- they're still getting mileage out of the models they had done for Gen 6. The only thing being changed is the rendering on them, which includes the shading and color, and they don't need to redo the models for that. It's a much less tedious process.

That is not true at all

View attachment 110547
upload_2018-5-30_21-52-33.png

I personally prefer the graphics of Pokken Tournament. It looks more real.

Also, who else isn't that excited for Gen VIII? I would rather have Sinnoh remakes first before a new region. :p

So what do you think the 8th gen games will take from LGPE? There's several things this game is doing that would make good additions to the series. I'm thinking:

-Pokemon in the overworld
-Co-op mode
-Pokemon following

I also want to see the capture mechanics carry over, but not as a replacement for wild Pokemon battles. Instead, you weaken the Pokemon like normal, then use motion controls to throw. The more accurate the throw, the higher the capture rate, and if you hit the Pokemon dead on it's a Critical Capture.
Overworld and following is all I want.

Is GameFreak hinting that co-op mode will be absent in generation 8?
Mr. Ishihara: I can’t really say much more than what we’ve already talked about today. But what I can say is that Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let’s Go, Eevee! focus on the home console gameplay experience, but the games next year will focus more on handheld features and gameplay experience.

I personally prefer the graphics of Pokken Tournament. It looks more real.

Also, who else isn't that excited for Gen VIII? I would rather have Sinnoh remakes first before a new region. :p

While I’ve been craving a re-visit of Sinnoh recently, I’m happy we seem to be getting new games on a new system first. There’s less of a shock with seeing an old region revisted somewhere in the middle/end of a generation; you’ve gotten used to changes in graphics, style and features with a new game.

I’ve been playing VC Blue, Silver and Crystal lately, and it’s taken some getting used to after the last few games.

Is GameFreak hinting that co-op mode will be absent in generation 8?

Not necessarily. They could simply mean that they plan on adding features to Gen VIII that will make the game more exciting, entertaining and/or convenient when playing in handheld mode.

It could be that they view Pokémon Let's GO as something for younger audiences/people getting into Pokémon games to mess around with at home, and view Pokémon 2019 the same way they view all their other core series titles; Games that can be played anywhere, particularly for competition/tournament purposes.

By the way, is there a chance Pokémon Quest will be available internationally, or it will be another game I can't play?
Switch is region free
I have Quest right now on my switch
Not to mention that Pokémon Quest was also developed by Game Freak. They’re really pumping things out.
It's probably developed by a small group of people (2-10)
2020 is basically guaranteed to be a gap year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom