• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Switch is region free
I have Quest right now on my switch

It's probably developed by a small group of people (2-10)
2020 is basically guaranteed to be a gap year

Which would delay Sinnoh remakes till 2021. I know it will be DP's 15th anniversary, but the only games who anniversary matters are Red and Green.

It will be the first time GF makes 4 games in a row. Do they no longer need breaks or what?
I'm guessing 2020 will be off, because they shouldn't be developing anything else but Gen 8 in 2019, and I strongly believe no $60 Switch version should ever take just one year to make.
Well, I too do not think that the 2019 game is Gen 8.
They called the 2019 game "all-new". And like I've been saying before, there's a certain standard that new games should come to a new console sooner than later.

Which would delay Sinnoh remakes till 2021. I know it will be DP's 15th anniversary, but the only games who anniversary matters are Red and Green.

That’s true, although whether it was by design or coincidence, ORAS were released on the 12th anniversary of RS.

Personally, I think 2021 sounds perfectly reasonable for Sinnoh.

That’s true, although whether it was by design or coincidence, ORAS were released on the 12th anniversary of RS.

Personally, I think 2021 sounds perfectly reasonable for Sinnoh.
I'm thinking that Sinnoh remakes will come much later than that. I don't even think that they will be on the Switch.

I'm thinking that Sinnoh remakes will come much later than that. I don't even think that they will be on the Switch.
I think Ruby and Sapphire are the last non-gen 1 remakes we'll get.

From now on I expect them to just remake G1 Kanto with every new console.

Apprently according to Gamefreak / Serebii, there’s talk of a new Pokémon being added to let’s go via a present, not sure if new form or new species but they use the phrase of a brand new Pokémon, surely that be a hint of a potential new generation since these games cannot connect to Pokémon bank / other main games.

Apprently according to Gamefreak / Serebii, there’s talk of a new Pokémon being added to let’s go via a present, not sure if new form or new species but they use the phrase of a brand new Pokémon, surely that be a hint of a potential new generation since these games cannot connect to Pokémon bank / other main games.
That's most likely a new mythical that will appear in M22. Since this is still Gen 7 it will be considered a Gen 7 Pokemon.

Would be their first time adding in a new Pokémon without expanding the Pokédex or us not knowing beforehand.

Not sure how likely, feels like the magearna / bonsly situation again.

LGPE don't fall under any generation for compatibility reasons alone. That new Pokemon was designed for LGPE and Go first and foremost.

gingerninja23 said:
Would be their first time adding in a new Pokémon without expanding the Pokédex
What makes you think they won't expand the Pokedex? I wouldn't be surprised if it were number 0 like Victini in the Unova Pokedex.

its a reality this games are needed for anime staff end sun and moon more slowly hope helps anime properly and in case want put filler its the moment until 2019 for present core game and that things after that the rumor about the end of 7th anime in 2019 are more stronger

No 0 could happen.

Because for USUM, and SM all the info is already hard wired in the data. That means if other games added it for the Pokédex and the actual Pokémon itself, there would need to be an update via DLC or something similar just to get those Pokémon.

I don’t see them going down that path purely because they haven’t before. I only see them saving that for the main series game in the next available game where that data would be created. They could of course go down a free update or DLC but how likely is that for existing games ?

Inb4 GF pulls something out of thin air after releasing Gen VIII because everyone will be expecting Sinnoh remakes to be the next games.

It could still be like Bonsly & Munchlax or Magearna, even if the situation is different because we'll "catch" that one, as long as it isn't given the #808 in the dex we can't say for sure that it'll be a Gen 7 'mon (and even then Victini is also here to remind us that the Grass Starter isn't always the first 'mon in a gen order). It's still a wait & see I think.

Maybe it will be introduced as a part of Kanto, they could just give it the number #000 then, similar to how victini comes before the starters in the dex.

As for the new region for Gen8. After revisiting Hoenn, then Alola again with ultra games(i know it doesn’t really count as a revisit) and revisiting Kanto this year, I really would like to have a new region. Nothing against 4th gen Remakes, these would also fit the year 2021 with their 15th anniversary.

For the new region I really would love an oriental setting. But Sri Lanka or Italy and Spain would be good to I think, all interesting regions.

Last edited:
Inb4 alternate form Mew.

I hope they don't go overboard with their ambitions and try to cram in all sorts of technical upgrades like they did with Gen7.
What I do not want in Gen8:
  • Lag in battles
  • Sacrificing story elements
I'm fine with chibi-forms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom