• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

That being said, if you just wait for that, you're only having yourself lose some of the features and quality available on the full Switch, I'll get a handheld cuz I've always had two of every handheld for Pokemon game trading, and the Switch will be no exception, but I at least wanted the console version to start with.

It ends up being a matter of personal preference- some people do not have a use for the console mode, some do. And the less price is a driving factor for some.

People were glad to 'lose some features' and get a cheaper 2DS.

A series should progress and not take away features at random from its next instalments, specially if it’s something as huge as multiplayer involvement.

Just to play devil’s advocate (I really really really want co-op to stay, personally), I could see why GF might feel that it isn’t something that really aligns with the “spirit” of the journey-focused, traditionally single-player games, and is instead something more appropriate for a more casual game meant to be played at home. They might not be thinking of it as a “huge step forward” kind of breakthrough feature, but rather as a way to give the Let’s Go games their own feel.

Isn't that why they changed things drastically in Black and White 2?

But they still didn’t change the story-heavy direction. They were in touch with their fanbase and removed the ‘only new Pokemon' barrier. This is how things should go- taking critique from fans and responding to reasonable complaints, while keeping in things progressing the franchise.

But they still didn’t change the story-heavy direction. They were in touch with their fanbase and removed the ‘only new Pokemon' barrier. This is how things should go- taking critique from fans and responding to reasonable complaints, while keeping in things progressing the franchise.
Critiques mostly work when you bring up good points along with bad, but as of now the bads are shadowing the goods with the complaints.

Have any of you decided on teams yet for these games? There isn't a whole lot to wait for since we know the old roster, we just have to wait for version exclusives, mine so far are looking something like this

LGP: I'm just going to copy Red's team, I traditionally do this at least once when there's a Kanto game, I did it in Yellow, FireRed, Yellow VC, X because of Red using M-Charizard X in Origins and all the Pokemon were easily available, and now LGP.

LGE: This is the one I've had a lot of thought on, and it's really impossible to pick Pokemon for sure since we don't know the version exclusives yet, but something like this:

-Eevee

-Gyarados/Dewgong

-Gengar

-Magmar/Electabuzz (these two have always been version exclusives)

-Electabuzz/Magmar/Clefable (I'll get the opposite of the above if they somehow aren't version exclusives, or Clefable if they are).

-Dragonite

They were in touch with their fanbase and removed the ‘only new Pokemon' barrier. This is how things should go- taking critique from fans and responding to reasonable complaints, while keeping in things progressing the franchise.

I’m not sure I’d ascribe that to them “listening to critique.” They kinda had to do that just by virtue of B2W2 being secondary Unova games. Restricting us to only new Pokémon is a sensible move for the first games of a generation, but it’s not really sustainable beyond that point, and adding the old favorites back in is a profoundly obvious and easy move to get people to consider buying the sequels. Besides, even BW weren’t opposed to letting us have some of the older Pokémon, they just asked that we clear the main storyline first.

B2W2 and XY weren't story-heavy.

I agree, although I might be inclined to make a distinction between “story-heavy” and... oh, let’s say “story-mindful.” Regardless of how well or poorly they managed to execute it, I do think those games (and ORAS, for that matter) tried to include more pronounced character work than the earlier games, which to me feels like a distinct carry-over in approach from Gen 5. Which of course then went into overdrive in Gen 7.

Have any of you decided on teams yet for these games? There isn't a whole lot to wait for since we know the old roster, we just have to wait for version exclusives, mine so far are looking something like this

LGP: I'm just going to copy Red's team, I traditionally do this at least once when there's a Kanto game, I did it in Yellow, FireRed, Yellow VC, X because of Red using M-Charizard X in Origins and all the Pokemon were easily available, and now LGP.

LGE: This is the one I've had a lot of thought on, and it's really impossible to pick Pokemon for sure since we don't know the version exclusives yet, but something like this:

-Eevee

-Gyarados/Dewgong

-Gengar

-Electabuzz/Magmar/Clefable (I'll get the opposite of the above if they somehow aren't version exclusives, or Clefable if they are).

-Dragonite

Not yet, but I'll likely use Dragonite, as that is my signature Pokémon, and I'll probably transfer a shiny Charmander from GO to LGO to use as well. I may use the starter Pikachu as well... Maybe.

-Eevee

-Gyarados

-Gengar

-Dragonite

My teams mostly gonna be the same as there were in Red.

-Eevee

-Raichu

-Charizard (If available)

-Nidoking

-Hitmonlee

-Lapras

I do enjoy contemplating teams. Here's a possible idea for me:

136MS.png
012MS.png
018MS.png
038AMS.png
or
087MS.png
053MS.png
031MS.png

Depending on whether or not there will be access to Alolan Ninetales, of course. (As they said that Alolan forms would be present) I put Pidgeot in there so that I could hopefully see my character ride on it. And Flareon is pretty much the only Gen I Eeveelution I like. (And I'm pretty much guaranteed to dump my non-evolvable Eevee in the box) The rest are Pokemon that I've kind of always liked, but have never really completed a playthrough with. If these games are indeed easier, then at least that might mean that I could use Butterfree more comfortably throughout the playthrough. Poor thing needs more love.

-Eevee

-Gyarados/Dewgong

-Gengar

-Dragonite

My team for LGE:

Raichu
Eevee/Flareon
Charizard
Alolan Ninetales (if available early enough)
Dragonair
Alolan Marowak/Squirtle Line

031MS.png
080MS.png
103AMS.png
123MS.png
036MS.png
082MS.png

Leaning toward something along these lines at the moment, although it is highly subject to change, especially without knowing the exclusives. And whether or not we can fly on Scyther’s back. If we can, then I will probably stick with this, but if not, it’s getting an overhaul.

For now i'll probably only get LGE so my team will be:
Eevee
Starmie
Rapidash
Electrode
Clefable/A-Ninetales (if available)
Dragonite/A-Exeggutor

I kinda want to use hitmonchan but i'm not sure what to take out. Maybe electrode because I could still have electric coverage in thunderpunch?

Also, do we know if the attcks are still spit into physical and special or are we going back to the old way?

Last edited:
I guess having Alolan variants actually gets the type variety up a bit. Some Dark types, more Steel types than just Magnemite and Magneton, and an extra Dragon and Ghost type.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom