• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite excited about it and I cannot wait to get the Eevee version. I know that some people are not happy about the games because they prefer Gen 8 games (I was in that boat until I saw the trailer which completely changed my opinion). Even though it's a good trailer (in terms of the amount of information), I think some people want to see more as there are a lot of questions unanswered. :)

My personal hope: they keep pushing back gen 8’s release date so that we can get more development time and a game that is worth it.

Also: as far as pokemon Lets Go is concerned I have no interest in it simply because they’re a. Using it to Cash in on pokemon go and b. Using the capture mechanic from pokemon go which I absolutely hate!

Also: there seems to be no point to the game’s multiplayer function.

Am I right to assume that many people are dissapointed by pokemon Lets Go?
Nah... I mean, maybe, but in this thread we had a lot of forewarning and I don't think there's much to be disappointed over because ultimately Let's Go wasn't meant for competitive players, so... some might be okay with it, but others are probably content with the forewarning that Gen 8 is coming in 2019.

Has anyone seen the Gold beta leak?
Kinda interesting to see how plans change overtime, I kinda wish they didn't cut some of those pokemon as they looked awesome.
Anyway, I hope we get at least 90 new pokemon this gen with a maximum of 5 legendaries (and that includes stuff like UB's we had far too many in gen 7)

I just saw it and was wondering if it was even real. @.@

Am I right to assume that many people are dissapointed by pokemon Lets Go?
Personally, I'm not disappointed because of gen 8 next year. If Let's go games was the future of the franchise on the switch I would have been disappointed (6th gen graphics and the obsession to leave things in the exact same way as they were 20 years ago are not that exciting for me and the lack of wild battles is not good news for competitive players....and Kanto needs to stop, clearly) but as a game to fill this year till next gen it looks fun and full of cool mechanics. I'm still considering them a sort of spin off and probably I'm gonna buy one of these for next gap year after gen 8, when I'll have a switch.

Is that... a Scizor-like Pinsir evolution?

I wonder why some of these were changed or removed in the end. There had to have been some logic behind it.

I believe it is real and from 1997.
Here's some images:
http://is2.*********/vp/1527767421083.png
http://is2.*********/vp/1527763925199.png
http://is2.*********/vp/1527765349608.png
http://is2.*********/vp/1527762064851.jpg
Still feeling doubtful because we've had footage of the Gold demo screen before-
index.png

Not saying it's definitely not, but we have no source on this except for it apparently having been randomly leaked on 4chan.

Edit: Apparently Joe believes it's real.

Still feeling doubtful because we've had footage of the Gold demo screen before-

Not saying it's definitely not, but we have no source on this except for it apparently having been randomly leaked on 4chan.

Edit: Apparently Joe believes it's real.
I remember someone saying it is a different beta, and there is a group working on uncovering this.

Those new sprites look fan-made. They're not even close to the quality of the real Pokemon. Makes you wonder, why are all the ''different'' Pokemon such a low quality. I also think I recognise the style of some of those sprites from dA. I'll see if I can find something. But I'm certain it's fake. Besides, there are none of the actual Gold and Silver beta Pokemon.

If they do take a casual approach to future games, how would this affect the World Championships? I don't see them letting go of the competitive side of pokemon.

So this is very concerning:

Pokémon Creators Share More Details | Pokemon.com

They pretty much have things backwards here. Casuals probably aren't too interested in a home console experience, they trend more handheld. Whereas some of the more hardcore players are more likely to sit at home playing this on a TV for hours and hours. Furthermore, the hardcore players are the ones clamoring for a BotW type of experience, that's more what people want to see out of a Pokemon console game. So what are they doing to appeal to that gameplay style? Shocking how Game Freak has so fundamentally misread the market.

Ehh, there's a ton of ways to interpret what is being said. Make a big sweeping statement on how they've fundamentally misread the market comes off a bit paranoid on a game we know so very little about.

I believe he's referencing that hardcore gamers are much more likely to take their switch with them everywhere vs. people who are okay playing an hour or two a week in their home winding down for the day. For example, my wife, despite who would fall under the casual gamer label, has logged in a ton of time in BOTW but she has rarely taken the switch out of the house. While I on the other hand rarely play in the house and I purchase pretty much major switch title and take it with me everywhere. Unless it's a weekend I almost never play it docked. Sure, this is anecdotal but I don't think the casual players are more apt to take the switch with them, I would argue hardcore gamers are.

So maybe Gamefreak is talking about making the handheld experience as smooth and well running as possible. Some switch games run like ass in handheld and we all saw how the unstable 3DS's performance was in SuMo, so I imagine optimization for handheld is a big deal with them.

Let’s go will be a massive success thanks to the casuals. Gen8 I think will lose players as many casuals will be tired again of Pokémon so let’s go will end selling more than gen8. And so they will decide to make more let’s go game instead of hardcore games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom