• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Which version are you going to buy/would like to buy?

Which version are you going to buy?

• Pikachu

• Eevee

• Both

• Neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

EscLucy

Cake and bunnies pls
Reaction score
I notice that this thread hasn't been created in this sub-forum so I am going to create it. :)

Personally, I am going to get the Eevee version because I think Eevee is cuter to have on a player's shoulder than Pikachu. Also, I just prefer Eevee. :)

What about you guys?

Eevee, unless Pikachu ends up with all of the good exclusives. Regardless of which version I get, I almost certainly won’t use the Starter on my team, but just in terms of general preference, I like Eevee a lot more than Pikachu.

I've never bought both versions of a game and will just be getting Eevee unless there's some major difference we don't know about yet.

I've bought both versions of every game in the series until now (okay, I've bought one and asked for the other as a holiday gift.) So, in light of that, I just bit the bullet and bought Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon when they came out...and I regretted it. The games were a bit of a slog for me and I did not enjoy playing through them twice. So I'm thinking I'll only by LGE for now. Then, if I like it enough, I'll ask for LGP as a Christmas present or something.

I feel like there should be “both” and “neither” as options in the poll...

I’ll probably get Eevee. I really cNt stand Pikachu, and while it’s disappointing that we can’t evolve the Eevee, I think I still like the little guy better.

If I were to get this game, then Pikachu. It would be an homage to my Yellow days, the very first game I've ever owned. Hopefully, all three starters will be available again for capture as well.

I'm going with Pikachu for now, unless I like Eevee's exclusives better. I will likely only be getting one (especially if the pricing goes to the $60 that mainline Nintendo Switch games generally sell for (and they never go down in price point at least at the store). I've got a few games I need to get for my Switch still, some that release this year. And I need the money for college. I might get the other version if I really like the games before the release of the 2019 one to tide myself over maybe, but that will depend on how much replay ability the games have, and what the lineup for the Switch is looking like for 2019.

When I do eventually buy a switch, I’ll probably eat this game and I’ll do eevee. I don’t care much for pikachu thanks to it’s special treatment, and I’ve always like eevee better. So unless there was some super large difference between the two, just eevee version.

If I were to eventually pick one of these versions to buy, I may go with Let's Go, Eevee just because Eevee's the starter that I never got in Yellow. :p I would only get both if these games exceed my expectations.

I have not officially made my decision yet in hopes to hear more about the games as it gets closer to release and about the move sets of the starters if possible. I kinda want to know more about exclusives if possible and how that would work out.
I always thought those were used to help encourage people to buy both games.. but if you can just transfer whatever from Pokemon Go then I dont really see much of a point of the exclusives. The Alola forms will be available in Go in July so surely it isn't them that will be in game exclusives.
Unfortunately it appears your starter will not evolve which for me makes the choice a little harder, but I do have hopes that the starters will have some leniency on the move sets for those two particular pokemon. This makes eevee more useful as a mere eevee.
So far I am leaning more towards the Eevee version. I always found it cute and it isn't traditional but if the hindrance of not being able to evolve the starters is not considered for move sets eevee may be disappointing in battle because it is a normal type opposed to pikachu. I am sure the stats will be buffed and not a problem.

decided on eevee and I preordered it.
thought I better go ahead and choose one before the info at the expo this week drops as some places already ran out of pre-ordering whatever that really means.

Last edited:
I'm getting both. But I did pre-order Eevee first, with intentions to pre-order Pikachu later on, once I save up enough for both a Switch and the LGP packaged with the PokeBall Plus.

If there's anything major in Gen 8 that requires both of these games then I'll get both. Until then, gotta go with my man Pikachu!

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom