• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Just going to throw this in here
How would Let's Go fit into the Anime, especially when the next generation is coming a year later
Would it be like the Orange Island Arc?
Also, I have a strange feeling that the "rebooted" Pokemon movies have some relation to these games. Could it be a sign of a separate, rebooted series? Or am I thinking too much into this

How would Let's Go fit into the Anime, especially when the next generation is coming a year later

Is probably not going to fit, that's all.
The anime ignores remakes — it had some ORAS specials that didn't interfere with the main series, though.

So question, why are some people thinking the 808th Pokemon would be a Gen 8th mon? Shouldn't it fall under Gen 7?

I've seen people question how they're going to grind their Pokemon if wild Pokemon battles are using GO mechanics.

First of all, grinding on wild Pokemon is boring and tedious and literally killed my interest in VC Gen I and II. I haven't been able to complete those games because of the grinding. I just wanted to say that because I needed to get it off my chest.

Anyway, I feel that Gen III may have actually solved the grinding problem ages ago and for some reason people aren't thinking about it? The VS Seeker. Now, I'm not saying that these games will have the VS Seeker, but it's a really obvious solution to the problem and doesn't require you to catch a million and a half junk Pokemon for the sake of leveling up your team.

So question, why are some people thinking the 808th Pokemon would be a Gen 8th mon? Shouldn't it fall under Gen 7?

That would depend on if Let's GO itself is classed as a gen VII game. Since 'generations' are a fan made way to determine where Pokémon and games belong, it isn't currently clear what is going on with Let's GO at the time being. In clear terms, the fans don't know what the hell they are supposed to class Let's GO as.

For the time being, I've decided to call it "Reborn Gen I" on the possibility that it is a start of a new RPG series separated from the main series, but co-exists alongside it. If we take into account the possibility of this becoming a series of games, and add the fact that this game isn't so much a 'reboot' as it is a 'fresh new beginning, with only kanto Pokémon (and alolan forms) being available, I am content for now, with calling it 'Reborn Gen I.' I'll either call it "Gen RI" or "Gen IR" for short, with the next games in line being "Gen RII/Gen IIR."

Last edited:

It should fall under whatever generation LGPE are apart of.

Which is a whole other debate.

But of course, it is also important in mind that Game Freak have never really referred to things by their "generation," because that is a fan term. As of late, they seem to prefer saying "these are Pokémon that were first discovered in the Kanto region" or "these are Pokémon that were first discovered in the Hoenn region." Which certainly has an intriguing implication when it comes to #808 (too much to ask for a drum machine Pokémon?), but is for the most part a lot simpler. Granted, that system doesn't have any in-universe value, because it ignores nuanced cases like Corphish and Yungoos, but then, "generations" have no in-universe value either, so.

Anyway, I feel that Gen III may have actually solved the grinding problem ages ago and for some reason people aren't thinking about it? The VS Seeker. Now, I'm not saying that these games will have the VS Seeker, but it's a really obvious solution to the problem and doesn't require you to catch a million and a half junk Pokemon for the sake of leveling up your team.

In addition, catching Pokémon could still give experience.

That literally makes no sense. By your logic, they should have increased the price of Pokémon every generation for increasing the roster and overall Pokémon.

The fact is, this is a full blown Pokémon game, with just a few GO mechanics mixed into it. It is also a switch game, not a 3DS game (and definitely not some freemium app) and it shall be priced as such. These are facts, whether you like the game or not.

It's pretty easy to retain the already existing roster of characters. If Gold and Silver however had removed all but 20 dudes, people wouldn't be happy

Just going to throw this in here
Also, I have a strange feeling that the "rebooted" Pokemon movies have some relation to these games. Could it be a sign of a separate, rebooted series? Or am I thinking too much into this

They could always just extend Sun and Moon I suppose. We are technically still in gen 7 and they don't necessarily have to create a "Let's Go" season. Just throw in a new character with an Eevee and they're good imo.

I'd love a separate series though :)

It's pretty easy to retain the already existing roster of characters. If Gold and Silver however had removed all but 20 dudes, people wouldn't be happy

It's not like they are gone forever. As I have already stated, the proper RPG game is released next year. This is a game intended to ease new players/GO players into the main game series. Plus, you don't even know if more Pokémon will be available later on, or if this is the first of a new series of games, with the next one bringing in Gen II Pokémon, etc. So if I were you, I'd keep that specific complaint to a minimum, until after we have more information on what is actually happening here.

Well, I don't like having only the original 151+1, but I can think of one advantage. No Rotom Dex. No matter what choices these games make that I don't like, nothing can be worse than that.

Hi, I'm your new Porygon Dex! Let's have a great adventure, Pory-A!

Hey I think I just found out something. It looks like the pokemon in the game might keep their current move sets. Meaning some pokemon might still keep their Dark, Steel, and Fairy type moves

More bad news:

No GTS+Wonder Trade and Nintendo Switch Online service required to access online features.

I prepared myself to like and enjoy these games, and for GameFreak to provide more reasons for me to buy these games at launch.
They’re making a lot of effort in the opposite direction.

This is a major dealbreaker for me- There is a huge chance that I cannot complete the Pokedex since there’s is no one near me with a Switch, let alone a Pokemon fan.

More bad news:

No GTS+Wonder Trade and Nintendo Switch Online service required to access online features.

I prepared myself to like and enjoy these games, and for GameFreak to provide more reasons for me to buy these games at launch.
They’re making a lot of effort in the opposite direction.

This is a major dealbreaker for me- There is a huge chance that I cannot complete the Pokedex since there’s is no one near me with a Switch, let alone a Pokemon fan.

I really want to know if trade evos will be mercifully altered because of this.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom