• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I wonder if the Battle Tower, or an equivalent, will be present in LGPE. I know I wouldnt even consider buying the game, if it doesnt offer a postgame battle facility, no matter how fun the main game may be. I need my battle fix after finishing the main game. And no, rematching the Elite 4 ad nauseam doesnt count.

Also, I wonder will they include Mt. Silver in this game? Prolly not, since it wasnt part of Gen I. But still... It is a Kanto area.

Last edited:
I wonder if the Battle Tower, or an equivalent, will be present in LGPE. I know I wouldnteven consider buying the game, if it doesnt offer a postgame battle facility, no matter how fun the main game may be. I need my battle fix after finishing the main game. And no, rematching the Elite 4 ad nauseam doesnt count.

Also, I wonder will they include Mt. Silver in this game? Prolly not, since it wasnt part of Gen I. But still... It is a Kanto area.

I say no to both. Remember they said they removed the Battle Frontier because kids don't play it. This is a kid aimed spin off.

Can't help but wonder exactly how simplified the battle system is. We may not get as many held items as we're used to (or perhaps none at all), so Light Ball and Eviolite/some new item may not be an option for the starters. Still excited for these games nonetheless (even though I can't afford a Switch yet lol).

We know we can dress up Pikachu and Eevee in these games, and I think it's a safe bet to assume we'd be limited to just those two Pokemon (and even perhaps just the Starter versions of those two Pokemon, so no dressing up Pikachu's caught in the wild or anything.)

That being said, I do have to wonder/hope...would Game Freak also allow for us to dress up the Base Form Kanto Starters too? I'm talking Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle specifically. Obviously hoping for their evos is out of the question, but maybe the dress-up feature could extend to these three?

Can't help but wonder exactly how simplified the battle system is. We may not get as many held items as we're used to (or perhaps none at all), so Light Ball and Eviolite/some new item may not be an option for the starters.

I wonder the same thing. I could maybe see Abilities and Natures out for this game (I still hope they are present however), but I could definitely not see held items being cut too. That would be too idiotic, because held items are not some complex mechanic that would drive away the "fragile" casuals. First, held itmes are optional (you can chose to not use them, unlike Abilities and Natures) and second, they make battles exponentially more fun.

In conclusion, I really like the atmosphere and artstyle of this game, the wild Pokemon being part of the overworld, Pokemon following you, etc. All I need to buy this game is that, on top of the already revealed stuff, we have a Battle Tower, Gym Leader rematches, and the battles to not be completely dumbed down.

I say no to both. Remember they said they removed the Battle Frontier because kids don't play it. This is a kid aimed spin off.
That was their lame excuse for cutting the BF, and yet they still maintained the regular vanilla Battle Tower, showing that they know veteran fans need at least that much. So there is no reason not to slap it in LGPE too. It has been in the games since friggin Pokemon Crystal. And Crystal didnt even have Natures or Abilities!

Although I can see them omitting the Tower completely as you suggest.

Last edited:
If they’re scrapping abilities, IVs/EVs and wild battles then I don’t see a reason for them to keep a battle facility, specially since Gen 1 didn’t have one.
Again, Crystal was released on the VC a while ago. That is a game that doesnt have Abilities, Natures or even propper IVs and EVs, and yet it had the Battle Tower.

I know they are simplifying some stuff, but it is a 60$ fucking game. They have to leave some content to justify the purchase. There is a difference between a more casual crowd oriented game, and a game that completely ignores the non- casual demographic. And I doubt they would want LGPE to be the latter.

Last edited:
Again, Crystal was released on the VC a while ago. Taht is a game that doesnt have Abilities, Natures or even propper IVs and EVs, and yet it had the Battle Tower.
I think the point is, they’re simplifying so much in LGPE that it wouldn’t be surprising if they scrapped the battle tower too.

Abilities, natures ect... didn’t exist in any game before Crystal. They didn’t simplify anything then.

Again, Crystal was released on the VC a while ago. Taht is a game that doesnt have Abilities, Natures or even propper IVs and EVs, and yet it had the Battle Tower.

The difference is that when Crystal was made, these features didn’t exist, but they’ve been a series stable since their introduction (till LGPE, of course).

This is how the official website defines LGPE:

Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee! bring the experience of a classic Pokémon RPG to Nintendo Switch with gameplay that is easily approachable for newcomers to the series, but is also deep enough to keep veteran Trainers on their toes.

Something in LGPE has to justify the bolded part. They specifically use the word "deep". So some deep mechanics are still maybe left in this game. So if it is not Abilities or Natures, I dont think the Battle Tower is such a wild guess from my part. The game has to have some non-casual content. It costs 60$!

Last edited:
That being said, I do have to wonder/hope...would Game Freak also allow for us to dress up the Base Form Kanto Starters too? I'm talking Bulbasaur, Charmander, and Squirtle specifically. Obviously hoping for their evos is out of the question, but maybe the dress-up feature could extend to these three?
Seems unlikely, given the games' big focus is Pika and Eevee. But, since they're based on Yellow, and we'll likely be given all three of RBG's starters, it's possible. What if one of the options for each Pokémon you can dress up is a Team Rocket uniform? Imagine battling grunts/Giovanni with those uniforms on. :LOL:

Seems unlikely, given the games' big focus is Pika and Eevee. But, since they're based on Yellow, and we'll likely be given all three of RBG's starters, it's possible. What if one of the options for each Pokémon you can dress up is a Team Rocket uniform? Imagine battling grunts/Giovanni with those uniforms on. :LOL:
Although the chances of this happening are next to zero, can you imagine dressing up the fully evolved Kanto Starters? Like, you toss out your scary badass Blastoise...and she's wearing an adorable little sailor outfit.

You know what's one thing I find funny? People have complaints on the game having no wild battles, when before if you had wild battle you'd avoid them by running or repel, one shot em for grinding, or got through a 3 step process to catch a pokemon. So it's like people are aware that wild battle can be rather tedious to the point you have multiple ways of avoiding them, go so quickly that you don't care, or you have ways to make catching them easier on yourself. It's part of the reasons why I'm so confused to why people care so much. Yes I get encountering pokemon in the wild has been part of the main games since the beginning, but before wild pokemon were kind of a minor thing you pay attention to unless there's a pokemon you want. So I guess it's a "Don't know what you have till it's gone" kind of effect maybe? Or maybe it's just the fact that it's like Go the makes people peeved?

Last edited:
You know what's one thing I find funny? People have complaints on the game having no wild battles, when before if you had wild battle you'd avoid them by running or repel, one shot em for grinding, or got through a 3 step process to catch a pokemon. So it's like people are aware that wild battle can be rather tedious to the point you have multiple ways of avoiding them, go so quickly that you don't care, or you have ways to make catching them easier on yourself. It's part of the reasons why I'm so confused to why people care so much. Yes I get encountering pokemon in the wild has been part of the main games since the beginning, but before wild pokemon were kind of a minor thing you pay attention to unless there's a pokemon you want. So I guess it's a "Don't know what you have till it's gone" kind of effect maybe? Or maybe it's just the fact that it's like Go the makes people peeved?

Its because you have a choice, while now you don't have a choice anymore. I think that is part of the issue people are having with it.

Its because you have a choice, while now you don't have a choice anymore. I think that is part of the issue people are having with it.
What choice don't they have? The can still choose what pokemon to encounter, what to avoid, what to catch, and it's been said that catching gives exp so what to grind as well. All of your options and choices are still there

What choice don't they have? The can still choose what pokemon to encounter, what to avoid, what to catch, and it's been said that catching gives exp so what to grind as well. All of your options and choices are still there

You don't have the choice too battle.

And imo, its gonna be like this: You need to catch 20 of the same Pokemon each time to get some experience.

You don't have the choice too battle.

And imo, its gonna be like this: You need to catch 20 of the same Pokemon each time to get some experience.
Not too different from battling 20 of em for experience. And I already mentioned how quickly wild battles go, so what does it matter if they don't battle?

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom