• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S21 EP16: Tasting the Bitter with the Sweet!

and for that "Who's that Pokémon?" is probably Drampa or Ribombee

Who's That Pokemon!?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK5ACR6VU9g

Drampa Pokedex Entry

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4LzA_vzH3c

Bonus Scene 1:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgsynufY344

Bonus Scene 2 coming to Facebook soon

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Jason Griffith
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Ted Lewis
Michael Liscio Jr.
Lisa Ortiz
Sean Reyes
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson

Who's That Pokemon!?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sK5ACR6VU9g

Drampa Pokedex Entry

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4LzA_vzH3c

Bonus Scene 1:

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgsynufY344

Bonus Scene 2 coming to Facebook soon

Cast:
Sarah Natochenny
Laurie Hymes
Jessica Paquet
Rosie Reyes
Alyson Leigh Rosenfeld
Marc Swint
Rodger Parsons

Rebecca Becker
Sam Black
Kate Bristol
Roger Callagy
Carter Cathcart
Jason Griffith
Melissa Hope
Emily Jenness
Michele Knotz
Ted Lewis
Michael Liscio Jr.
Lisa Ortiz
Sean Reyes
Erica Schroeder
Eileen Stevens
Marc Thompson

Wonderful. I have a question, are Ash, Mallow, Lana and Rotom reading the Who's That Pokemon segment in this episode?

Watching the dub, I am now convinced that Jason Griffith does voice Drampa as there are no other speaking roles he could voice

Loved seeing Mallow and Lana when they were younger and how they became friends, especially Lana calling Mallow Miss Family Restaurant

Ted Lewis was wasted this episode, voicing Giovanni in some silly fantazy

It was a nice, heartfelt episode as it brought Lana and Mallow closer together and Ash wasn't that involved but I hated he was at all - it is not his aim to find Drampa lol. Was quite boring at times, but it was a nice filler episode.
6/10

so, when will be aired in the United States?
I'm not sure. The ITVHub (the official online episode viewing service for the ITV channels) may or may not be region locked. I guess it is something for you to find out. :)

wow, this episode in english dub was awesome, even Mallow crying in english dub was just heart-breaking.
I wonder the next episode 60 in english dub, when Alolan Ninetales would be voiced? The same voice as Alolan Vulpix?

Sopchcles doesn't need any more food lol

Why did Lana randomly bring up her sisters getting lost and then wait to say she found them lol. Small talk I guess. At least she's cute lol.

Hobin berry? oh Haban. So it weakends super effective Dragon type attacks. Eh, I prefer to use Yache for my Dragonite, not like the Haban berry will be much use since you can't be 4X weak to it due to there being no Dragon/Dragon types lol.

It's funny cuz I already know this is a Drampa because of the thumbnail on Bulbapedia. Why do I always get spoiled by those lol. It's how I find these review threads and know what episode I'm up to. Anyway, gonna wait for it to burn down someone's house... cuz that's Drampas lore. Kills houses.

PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON, LIVES BY THE SEA!

Lana seems cuter today. Heck, the quality of the art style seems to be gone up? or it's cuz I'ts been a few weeks since the last episode lol

Team Rocket banging their heads. I know their pain.

Mallow with the same headband as a 5 year old lol. Also shy Lana is cute. That's my thing. shyness. I'm surpised Lana is coming out as the best waifu tbh, I thought it'd be Lille cuz of the games lol

Miis Family Restaurant. I now canon this as her surname. So now we have Professor as a canon first name as well as Mallow's new canon surname. yay! also, blushing Lana :D

Why is Ash holding a stick lol

"Good is good." "People die when they're killed.".

Aww they're holding hands <3

Lol Abomasnow, that's close enough haha.

Damn, Rotom Dex is so mad he turned into Rotom Heat and set himself on fire.

LANA, DON'T EAT RANDOM FOOD YOU FOUND ON THE GROUND. ESPECIALLY WHEN LOST.

Lol, Lana the troll even as a kid. Just like the meme where she tricks you into marrying her.

Kid Lana nearly dying twice lol

PUFF THE MAGIC DRAGON IS FLYING

Who's that Pokemon beating Rotom to the punch lol. Poor Rotom. One day he'll win. Not today though.

Drampa looks so weird lol. It's the neck.

I wonder if Drampa has smelly breath

WTF is with the little kid Team Rocket XD even Drampa is scared lol

A bottle gun lol. Not even censored... probably. lol

"Pikachu save Drampa". No Ash, this isn;t your episode. Don't steal the Thunder(bolt) again.

Oh it saved itself. I would've liked Lana and Mallow to save it tbh. Ah well.

Lana and Mallow blushing to each other ;)

Not much to make fun of in this episode, just for Lana being a dumb little kid :p. Really cute episode, I liked it. Gave some nice shipping teases for Mallow and Lana too heheheheheh

I'm not sure. The ITVHub (the official online episode viewing service for the ITV channels) may or may not be region locked. I guess it is something for you to find out. :)

Pretty sure it's region locked. I didn't know they uploaded new episodes to it though, that's interesting. I've used it a few times for Pokemon in the past but it was always a few weeks behind

Last edited:
I really enjoy the the close friendship between the classmates, Mallow is good friends with Lana and Lilllie (as evident in previous episodes)
Agreed. It makes for better character development, better filler episodes and the school scene really fits well with that atmosphere.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom