• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Do you think Mawile and Absol should be available in wild in the future?

Rocket Zigzagoon

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
Self-explanatory.

These two Raid-only Pokémon has never been spawned in wild, but Mawile's counterpart, Sableye, has been spawned in wild for a while since Halloween event.

Do you have opinion on when and why should Absol and Mawile should appear as wild Pokémon?

I suspect these two are going to be Gen III Raid staples. But as soon as Gen IV is released, I guess they'll get rotated out of Raids and become available in the wild, with some new Gen IV Pokemon taking their place.

I suspect these two are going to be Gen III Raid staples. But as soon as Gen IV is released, I guess they'll get rotated out of Raids and become available in the wild, with some new Gen IV Pokemon taking their place.
Maybe. But what Pokémon do you think will replace them in raids, then?

But personally, I would want to see Absol as Field Research rewards. Battling it alone is very disgusting for me.

Maybe. But what Pokémon do you think will replace them in raids, then?

But personally, I would want to see Absol as Field Research rewards. Battling it alone is very disgusting for me.
Not sure. Probably some other non-evolving species introduced in Gen IV.

That would also be a nice way to include them in the future, if they absolutely don't want to release them wild.

Not sure. Probably some other non-evolving species introduced in Gen IV.

That would also be a nice way to include them in the future, if they absolutely don't want to release them wild.
Would you mind Pachirisu, Carnivine, Spiritomb or Rotom be Raids-only?

Would you mind Pachirisu, Carnivine, Spiritomb or Rotom be Raids-only?
Spiritomb and Rotom are quite likely, considering they are special encounters and you can't just find them in the wild.
Pachirisu I seriously doubt, it's analog to Plusle/Minun if anything. Carnivine seems like a possible wild encounter too.

I'd be happy if they included Mawile and Absol in eggs. I'm pretty sure that Sableye is still available to hatch, although I don't know why they put it within the ten kilometer egg group. I like the idea of Absol being a Field Research reward too. I haven't been able to find a Mawile Raid Boss yet, but I would be able to beat it and capture it most likely. Since Absol is at a higher level, I'd have a pretty hard time defeating it alone.

I'd be happy if they included Mawile and Absol in eggs. I'm pretty sure that Sableye is still available to hatch, although I don't know why they put it within the ten kilometer egg group. I like the idea of Absol being a Field Research reward too. I haven't been able to find a Mawile Raid Boss yet, but I would be able to beat it and capture it most likely. Since Absol is at a higher level, I'd have a pretty hard time defeating it alone.
Sableye is also available in the wild, and if I remember correctly, it's down to 5km Eggs now.
Absol is absolutely not soloable, under any circumstances, as all Level 4 Raids. It has been tried with maxxed out perfect Machamp in Cloudy and the best said player can do is to drop its health bar to red in the given time. It is the easiest Level 4 Raid Boss to 2-man, however.

Absol is available as a reward for an Excellent curve throw quest.

The introduction of Absol to Field Research has shed some more light on how they may handle Mawile as well in the future.
It's quite likely they'll just stay there and not get released in the wild, even if the Raids are eventually rotated out. I still believe Gen IV will be when this switch is pulled.

The introduction of Absol to Field Research has shed some more light on how they may handle Mawile as well in the future.
It's quite likely they'll just stay there and not get released in the wild, even if the Raids are eventually rotated out. I still believe Gen IV will be when this switch is pulled.
Absol might be likely appearing in wild in this year's Halloween, which is after Gen IV has come out.

Absol might be likely appearing in wild in this year's Halloween, which is after Gen IV has come out.
I could see this happening, indeed.
They like making older Shinies more easily accessible again by including them in some later event.

Something similar to Magikarp for Earth Day or Aron for Adventure Week.

I'm hoping for Mawile to be released in Field Research soon. I just want that Shiny without having to use up Passes, I mean for Absol it's supposed to work :)

I'm hoping for Mawile to be released in Field Research soon. I just want that Shiny without having to use up Passes, I mean for Absol it's supposed to work :)
Well, I certainly hope so too. Not using up Passes for those bosses, although tbf we don't have that good luck with Absol either, nor are we hunting down nearly as hardcore as some other players in our community. At heart I'm not really a shiny hunter, after all, it's just a nice bonus I might go for if it's convenient :)

I could see this happening, indeed.
They like making older Shinies more easily accessible again by including them in some later event.

Something similar to Magikarp for Earth Day or Aron for Adventure Week.
Very likely though, given in main-series, Absol can be found in later-generation regions like Sinnoh (Gen 4).

In case when Mega Evolutions arrive in GO, we had to prepare more candies to buy Mega Stones. Then if Absol doesn't make it to Halloween event, its Mega Stone (Absolite) will be harder to get. (Gyaradosite would be the biggest pain for some, excluding Legendary Mega Stones.)

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom