• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope the pseudo legendary line is NOT a Dragon type. I'd love a Fire/Electric Pseudo Line, since all we’ve got with that type is the pathetic excuse of a rotom form.

How about a Fairy-type? XD Pseudo-legendary dragons watch out.

I'm all for something unique.
I just mentioned Fire/Electric because it’s the type I want to see on a Pokemon (other than Rotom) for the longest time. They’re my favourite types so I want to see what would a combination of them look like.

I hope the Fire Starter is part fairy or electric, and is atleast Greninja speed tier.

Well that famitsu feature confirms gen 8, thank god we can put those debates to rest.

I'm assuming "encounter lots of new pokemon" is just PR talk but I do hope that gamefreak is more generous with the amount of new pokemon we get this time around

I think since the switch is more powerful and their carts can hold a lot more data, we may experience bigger pokedex's again. They seem to be going all out with the game especially with chucking us lets go to tie us over until next year. As long as they dont rush it, this will be a treat.

How about a Fairy-type? XD Pseudo-legendary dragons watch out.

If it were me, I’d put a blanket ban on any Dragon-, Psychic-, or Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon or even pseudo-legendaries. I’d like something more exotic this time around. Ghost/Ice or Fighting/Ground or something, I don’t know.

I think since the switch is more powerful and their carts can hold a lot more data, we may experience bigger pokedex's again. They seem to be going all out with the game especially with chucking us lets go to tie us over until next year. As long as they dont rush it, this will be a treat.

I don’t think that’s really the reason why we’ve been getting fewer Pokémon. I think - and I recall them actually saying this in an interview; I’ll have to go and see if I can find it tomorrow - it has more to do with not wanting to inflate the number of total Pokémon too much too quickly. So they’ve reduced the introduction rate of new Pokémon to somewhat of a crawl and in exchange, have been revisiting/recycling old designs through features like Mega Evolution and regional variants.

If it were me, I’d put a blanket ban on any Dragon-, Psychic-, or Fairy-type Legendary Pokémon or even pseudo-legendaries. I’d like something more exotic this time around. Ghost/Ice or Fighting/Ground or something, I don’t know.

I don’t think that’s really the reason why we’ve been getting fewer Pokémon. I think - and I recall them actually saying this in an interview; I’ll have to go and see if I can find it tomorrow - it has more to do with not wanting to inflate the number of total Pokémon too much too quickly. So they’ve reduced the introduction rate of new Pokémon to somewhat of a crawl and in exchange, have been revisiting/recycling old designs through features like Mega Evolution and regional variants.

I did hear that someone in GF wasnt looking forward to breaking 1000 anytime soon but that was last year I think. I just mean with more powerful system + hardware + the cartridges holding more, we can look forward to a bigger game.

I'm all for something unique.
I just mentioned Fire/Electric because it’s the type I want to see on a Pokemon (other than Rotom) for the longest time. They’re my favourite types so I want to see what would a combination of them look like.

I hope the Fire Starter is part fairy or electric, and is atleast Greninja speed tier.
I want to see poison type given focus. Either a pseudo and the mascot legendary itself. Wouldn't mind a dark/fairy pesudo either.

If smaller new generation Pokemon rosters is the price we have to pay for regional variants, then I wouldn’t mind this. I love the regional variants concept a lot and it’s something I’ve wanted to see in the franchise for a long time. I really hope it wasn’t a one time thing for Alola only.
I certainly hope it'll stick around for a while, but dare I say it's true potential probably lies in visits to old Regions, not new ones, where in the likes of Remakes they could help patch up the Pokédex with types it was lacking, for example Gen IV only added 5 Fire-types, so should we get Gen IV remakes in the future, it'd be be nice to have some Fire-Type Regional Variants added to the games.

I don't want a Dragon, Fairy or Steel pseudo legendary. Dragon has been done enough, and the latter two are the two best types in the game. I'd rather see a type like Bug or Ice be given the special treatment this time.

Who am I kidding, it's going to be another Dragon.

I'm not opposed to more Poison focus, but both of the poster children of Ultra Beasts (Nihilego and Poipole) are part Poison and many consider them to the legendary/pseudo legendary level so...

Well they are officially via the datamine, VGC and pokedex, so we can count them as such.

Well they are officially via the datamine, VGC and pokedex, so we can count them as such.
I just wrote 'many consider them to be' since I didn’t want to start the debate about UB's legendary status here since it becomes a heated debate whenever brought up.

My point was Poison has been already given strong/legendary level if not legendary Pokemon in the form of Nihilego (the first UB and the only one with plot importance in SM), Poipole/Naganadel (poster child of Ultra Beasts along with Nihilego, the only evolving UB, the starter of Ultra Megalopolis, and among one of the most competitively viable UBs).

Who am I kidding, it's going to be another Dragon.

Specially since it’s officially confirmed that Dragon Type=Cool Type in GameFreak's opinion.

I just wrote 'many consider them to be' since I didn’t want to start the debate about UB's legendary status here since it becomes a heated debate whenever brought up.

My point was Poison has been already given strong/legendary level if not legendary Pokemon in the form of Nihilego (the first UB and the only one with plot importance in SM), Poipole/Naganadel (poster child of Ultra Beasts along with Nihilego, the only evolving UB, the starter of Ultra Megalopolis, and among one of the most competitively viable UBs).

Specially since it’s officially confirmed that Dragon Type=Cool Type in GameFreak's opinion.

Understood, I don’t understand how people can dispute it anyway given the data.

Def agreed with you though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom