• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

Ugh, I think I'm literally obsessed with the fact that we can dress up Pikachu and Eevee. That's going to be so cute, but it's probably going to be one of those things that we don't find out that much information about until the game is literally released. I want to know how early we can do it and how many outfit options there are :p

Ugh, I think I'm literally obsessed with the fact that we can dress up Pikachu and Eevee. That's going to be so cute, but it's probably going to be one of those things that we don't find out that much information about until the game is literally released. I want to know how early we can do it and how many outfit options there are :p
Since I'm a simple man that doesn't want to go all out interms of dressing pokemon, if there's a scarf or bandana option for Eevee, that's all I'm going for

I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed with the concept, but it’s definitely one of the selling points for me. I mentioned in an earlier page that, unlikely as it is, I hope we get the option of dressing up the traditional Kanto Starters too. I want a Squirtle in a sailor outfit.

Though a question still remains is if it's possible for Eevee and Pikachu to get stronger along side your team. Like if Pikachu will get Light Ball at some point, or Eevee with Eviolite or another original item.

Since I'm a simple man that doesn't want to go all out interms of dressing pokemon, if there's a scarf or bandana option for Eevee, that's all I'm going for

I'm the exact opposite. I want to see more full blown outfits like the Red outfit Pikachu had on. :p My main hope is for a dress for the females. I think that would be adorable.

I wouldn’t say I’m obsessed with the concept, but it’s definitely one of the selling points for me. I mentioned in an earlier page that, unlikely as it is, I hope we get the option of dressing up the traditional Kanto Starters too. I want a Squirtle in a sailor outfit.

That would be nice too. :DI only doubt it will happen since the actual Kanto starters can evolve and I feel like they'd only limit this to the small/cute Pokemon. :cry: Regardless of what they do, I honestly do hope this Pokemon customization stays for future games.

Though a question still remains is if it's possible for Eevee and Pikachu to get stronger along side your team. Like if Pikachu will get Light Ball at some point, or Eevee with Eviolite or another original item.

Well they have to give us some way to keep them from getting obliterated after the 2nd gym. :p Either through an item or just unnaturally higher stats. Idk why, but I feel like the 2nd option is more likely, since it would prevent you from having to force them to only hold 1 specific item.

Most likely if they want kids to have an easy time. Expect a lot of "Aim for the horn!" moments.

Serebii just confirmed that Pokemon 2019 will be specifically aimed at experienced fans. Can we all stop freaking out about LGPE and teh casualz now?

Serebii just confirmed that Pokemon 2019 will be specifically aimed at experienced fans. Can we all stop freaking out about LGPE and teh casualz now?
The 2019 title being supposedly different than LGPE does not preclude the latter from being criticized. They could have not casualised LGPE and we wouldn’t have to wait 18 months for a non-casualised game.

Not to mention, if LGPE sells better than the 2019 game there’s a big chance they’ll make every Pokemon game after 2019 as casualised as LGPE.

The 2019 title being supposedly different than LGPE does not preclude the latter from being criticized. They could have not casualised LGPE and we wouldn’t have to wait 18 months for a non-casualised game.

Not to mention, if LGPE sells better than the 2019 game there’s a big chance they’ll make every Pokemon game after 2019 as casualised as LGPE.
I don't see what's so wrong with them making games targeting a casual demographic. Particularly since you and I are not, and have never been, the target demographic of these games. We are the periphery demographic. And, honestly, getting all hissy because we --the periphery, I must stress again-- are not getting catered to is rife with entitlement. The games are for young children and GF making games that target young children is not something they should get criticized for. We can enjoy it all we want, but they are not made for us.

Now, the 2019 game, that one is being explicitly made for us. So feel free to be upset about whatever it is they blunder in those games. I know I will.

I don't see what's so wrong with them making games targeting a casual demographic.
Removing features isn’t really a solution to appeal to casuals.
Particularly since you and I are not, and have never been, the target demographic of these games. We are the periphery demographic. And, honestly, getting all hissy because we --the periphery, I must stress again-- are not getting catered to is rife with entitlement. The games are for young children and GF making games that target young children is not something they should get criticized for. We can enjoy it all we want, but they are not made for us.
The trailer for LGPE didn’t show a single Kid. All adults/teens with their Switch and smartphones. I wouldn’t really call that a “periphery” demographic.

Removing features isn’t really a solution to appeal to casuals.

It makes it more accessible, whether or not you can see it.

The trailer for LGPE didn’t show a single Kid. All adults/teens with their Switch and smartphones. I wouldn’t really call that a “peripheriy” demographic.
Really? This is what you got? Try again.

And can we please stop throwing around the word ‘casuals’ as if it was some sort of disgusting insult? This is gatekeeping at its finest. Neither you nor I get to decide what constitutes a ‘true’ Pokémon fan or a ‘casual’ one. Nobody does.

It makes it more accessible, whether or not you can see it.
Removing optional features like wonder trade makes them more “accessible”? Okay.

Pokemon games have always been “accessible” anyway. The “complicated” stuff people complain about(IVs,EVs) can be ignored easily by a newcomer. They didn’t need to remove features to make LGPE more “accessible”.
Really? This is what you got? Try again.
Please do tell me how kids are the main target audience for LGPE. It’s clear they’re targeting lapsed fans/mobile gamers with these games, hence Kanto and the focus on Go, and the marketing reflects that.

The Sun/Moon trailer had kids playing in Hawaii, and the ORAS had a kid going in a cave. Nothing like that is seen with the marketing of LGPE.

Last edited:
Removing optional features like breeding makes them more “accessible”? Okay.

Please do tell me how kids are the main target audience for LGPE. It’s clear they’re targeting lapsed fans/mobile gamers with these games, hence Kanto and tge focus on Go, and the marketing reflects that.

The Sun/Moon trailer had kids playing in Hawaii, and the ORAS had a kid going in a cave. Nothing like that is seen with the marketing of LGPE.
Weren't some kids literally in the first parts of the trailer?

Removing optional features like wonder trade makes them more “accessible”? Okay.

Please do tell me how kids are the main target audience for LGPE. It’s clear they’re targeting lapsed fans/mobile gamers with these games, hence Kanto and tge focus on Go, and the marketing reflects that.

This argument is ridiculous. Come back when you have something more legitimate than the people in the first trailer.

This argument is ridiculous. Come back when you have something more legitimate than the people in the first trailer.
It isn’t just people in the trailer, they’re making a game with an old region and a focus on a smartphone game. Neither is something that screams “It’s for kids” to me. They advertised Go with adults too, unlike SM and ORAS.

But whatever, let’s just agree to disagree.

It isn’t just people in the trailer, they’re making a game with an old region and a focus on a smartphone game. Neither is something that screams “It’s for kids” to me.

But whatever, let’s just agree to disagree.
The game features a chibi artstyle, simplified game mechanics across the board, and younger protagonists. It’s aimed at kids.

But let’s, for the sake of argument, pretend that you’re right and they’re targeting the Pokémon Go audience with these games. In that case, you’re still not the Target demographic of these games. You’re still the periphery demographic, and these games are still not made for you (or me, for that matter.) You can enjoy them all you want (or not,) but you’re not the audience whose money GF is looking to get.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom