• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

The 2019 title being supposedly different than LGPE does not preclude the latter from being criticized. They could have not casualised LGPE and we wouldn’t have to wait 18 months for a non-casualised game.

Not to mention, if LGPE sells better than the 2019 game there’s a big chance they’ll make every Pokemon game after 2019 as casualised as LGPE.

Then there would be no point in LGO to begin with. Everyone is still getting their normal game, and there is no reason why Gamefreak shouldn't create a new series of games for a newer audience. Not everything has to be aimed towards us specifically.

And no, there isn't a 'big chance' that traditional games are going to be replaced by LGO type games. That is just paranoia talking. Even if LGO sells more, they'll still keep both style games and make a ton more money.

Removing features isn’t really a solution to appeal to casuals.

The trailer for LGPE didn’t show a single Kid. All adults/teens with their Switch and smartphones. I wouldn’t really call that a “periphery” demographic.

I know I'm getting to this conversation late, but I just had to say that this sentence is not true. There we're definitely kids in that trailer. There was one using the Pokeball Plus, another was transferring a Pokemon from Go to Let's Go, and some of those shots of people using the Joycon to throw the PokeBall were kids. The Japanese site also shows pictures of kids playing the game.

And even if there weren't any kids in the trailer I don't think that suggests that the game isn't for kids. Masuda even said in an interview that he thought this game wold be fun for parents who played the original Yellow to buy for their kids.

They could have not casualised LGPE and we wouldn’t have to wait 18 months for a non-casualised game.
That's not really how it works. Not releasing LGPE wouldn't have enabled them to release Generation 8 this year because according to them, neither started development until around SM's release and new generations always take three years to make. Keep in mind that three-year generations are normal and we waited almost three years after the 3DS launched for XY. History is just repeating itself.

Last edited:
I think you'll get your wish, since trainer customisation had way more options for the females...
I never did get that. I know men are simple creatures and there are only but so few types of ensembles we wear, but give us at least some more options. Would it really kill them to give us jackets, maybe at least a design your own shirt feature?

Last edited:
I never did get that. I know men are simple creatures and there are only but so few types of ensembles we wear, but give us at least some more options. Would it really kill them to give us jackets, maybe at least a design your own shirt feature?

Pokemon has suffered from gender stereotypeing for some time now. Some aspects of the series has been more progress but if you look deeper you'll see that Pokemon still has it's fair share of issues. Things have been getting better though. Little by little.

The game features a chibi artstyle, simplified game mechanics across the board, and younger protagonists. It’s aimed at kids.

But let’s, for the sake of argument, pretend that you’re right and they’re targeting the Pokémon Go audience with these games. In that case, you’re still not the Target demographic of these games. You’re still the periphery demographic, and these games are still not made for you (or me, for that matter.) You can enjoy them all you want (or not,) but you’re not the audience whose money GF is looking to get.
Pokemon has suffered from gender stereotypeing for some time now. Some aspects of the series has been more progress but if you look deeper you'll see that Pokemon still has it's fair share of issues. Things have been getting better though. Little by little.
I wouldn’t say it has suffered from gender stereotyping. Actually they do pretty good at not being too forceful. Yes the male could use more options but other than that it’s good. Just look at Mr. Mime and Gardevoir.

Anyways back on the real topic before we derail too much:

I hope there are definitely good options for clothing. XY was great with its variety, but Alola was just lacking. Too much bright stuff and not enough calmer colors.

Have we had confiramtaion on trainer customization?

Have we had confiramtaion on trainer customization?

Nothing yet, afaik.

If they decide to stay more true to Yellow, they’ll maybe do a ORAS and not let the character change clothing. However, since they are also taking inspiration from GO and you can actually customize your character in GO, then there is a chance you can do the same in Let’s Go.

I hope I can personalize my character. I really love changing styles, once in a while.

Character customization wasn't announced for SM until september and it wasn't its debut game, it's a matter of patience. Also, I would assume they'd like your clothes and Pikachu/Eevee's clothes to match. The PC, unlike Brendan, doesn't look like Red or Leaf enough, that's another point in favor of customization.

Is there anything of importance in the video other than the fact that LGP has sold out on amazon? (Since just that information doesn’t seem to warrant a 13 minute video)...
Nothing really too important, just spreading good news in all honesty. Meaning the games are definitely going to be successful. Hopefully this gets casuals more into Gen 8 as well, and the community will grow.

The PC, unlike Brendan, doesn't look like Red or Leaf enough, that's another point in favor of customization.
There is a striking resemblance between the Male PC and Red though.
The PC looks like a younger Red in design.

Nothing really too important, just spreading good news in all honesty. Meaning the games are definitely going to be successful. Hopefully this gets casuals more into Gen 8 as well, and the community will grow.
I hope these fans stay and successfully adapt to Generation 8 and fulfil the game's purpose.

Last edited:
There is a striking resemblance between the Male PC and Red though.
The PC looks like a younger Red in design.
Maybe there will be a difference between what the character's sprite looks like in-game and what the character is actually supposed to look like. Like they did in the pre-Gen VII games. Like, you see here the difference between what Red and Leaf actually look like and what the overworld sprite is showing:
52432.png

Except, y'know, in much higher resolution.

I hope these fans stay and successfully adapt to Generation 8 and fulfil the game's purpose.
It's possible that the game's purpose isn't to turn new fans into fans of the regular games, but to build a new fanbase altogether. And if there's crossover? Happy day! But maybe they want to build a fanbase for the LGPE games specifically whilst maintaining the default fanbase with more traditional games. I'm not saying that's 100% what they're aiming for, but it's a possibility.

It's possible that the game's purpose isn't to turn new fans into fans of the regular games, but to build a new fanbase altogether. And if there's crossover? Happy day! But maybe they want to build a fanbase for the LGPE games specifically whilst maintaining the default fanbase with more traditional games. I'm not saying that's 100% what they're aiming for, but it's a possibility.
I personally see these games as a bridge between the main games and the casual fanbase, to ease the casual fanbase into the main mechanics easily without shoving on their faces an unfamiliar region and 20 years of innovation. Then these fans could be integrated into the main series and there would be no need for 2 branches, making a more streamlined experience, since they already have a remake schedule. Having a Let's GO schedule might complicate things more for them.

Time will tell what the real purpose is, but Let's Go being a one-off is my interpretation for now.

Maybe there will be a difference between what the character's sprite looks like in-game and what the character is actually supposed to look like. Like they did in the pre-Gen VII games. Like, you see here the difference between what Red and Leaf actually look like and what the overworld sprite is showing:

Except that offfical artwork does the job already and they look the same even in offfical art.
ACE74360-7917-4360-8C1D-F6ED415B27A3.png

Last edited:
Could someone clarify something for me? In the new interview for Famitsu, apparently it was revealed that they are still thinking of adding new Pokemon or new forms of Pokemon to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Is that true? I saw it in 4chan and it had a link to the article but I lost the link.

Could someone clarify something for me? In the new interview for Famitsu, apparently it was revealed that they are still thinking of adding new Pokemon or new forms of Pokemon to Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee? Is that true? I saw it in 4chan and it had a link to the article but I lost the link.
No. If it was it would be all over the place. 4chan isn’t the most reliable so take stuff you see there with a grain of salt.

Anyways on the protag-he looks like a younger version of red. I don’t. Think we’ll get customization, despite it being part of both GO and other Pokémon games at this point. But we’ll see.

Remember, we also have the possibility that megas and z-moves are in the game, due to Masuda saying that he can't say anything about them at this time when he could've just said no if they weren't.

Not happening, it's already confirmed to only have the original 151 and one brand new Pokemon that is presumably from Gen 8.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom