• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

POPULAR: What Did You Write Today?

The prologue and the first three chapters are done (15.983 words total), I've began writing the first draft of chapter 4. I'll release the stuff once that chapter is complete (and I'm feeling highly courageous).

Last edited:
1200 words of reviews. 500 yesterday. Feels good. No progress on the fanfic just at the moment, but Soon.

500 words for Phantom Project... One more sprint and I should be done with this scene, with one more to go in the chapter. The only reason I'm not finishing this scene now is because it's 8AM and I should have winded down to sleep, well, forever ago.

997 words for chapter 4 thus far.

500 words for Phantom Project... One more sprint and I should be done with this scene, with one more to go in the chapter. The only reason I'm not finishing this scene now is because it's 8AM and I should have winded down to sleep, well, forever ago.
NNtTVVj.png

*BOINK!*

zzzzzzzzzzzzz..........

Last edited:
No solid word count as a lot of it was editing bits and pieces I wrote a couple days ago, but I'm steadily making progress on my next (mini)chapter... One day I'll get on with telling my story, but I fear it won't be soon.

1000+ words of foreshadowing to eventual Misty capture of Suicune

What? Two nights of writing in a row? This hasn't happened in a long time...

I sat through and edited the entirety of chapter 11 of Land of the Roses to fix little mistakes, polish rough edges and overall bring the quality of the chapter up. Not much changed, admittedly, but the final scene was significantly altered to bring out some emotion to what was originally a very rigid and wooden performance out of my characters. Gonna sleep on it and read it tomorrow to see if it passes the smell test, but I'm confident I did good with it.

326 words of the first actual chapter of seiren. was oddly productive today (compared to how i've been lately)

175 words to round out the Phantom Project scene I left hanging a couple days ago, then 350 of what was supposed to be the next scene... but then I decided it was probably best to just end the chapter earlier than planned. No point in adding extra word count describe basically the same thing just twice at the end of this chapter and the beginning of the next. The other 350 words will go to the opening of the next chapter and be adapted to Kuiora's voice from Gracie's.

Anyway, I know I've harped on how bullshit my notes are a few times, but I did try a plot chart method for these first 5 chapters (which got extended into 6) and it's a bit motivating to have finally gotten through it all. : ' ) Don't think I'll use that specific method anymore, but still.

I've rewritten my fic's prologue to improve the flow, show off the protagonist's relationship with her sister, and develop her reasons for going to Kalos. I'm more used to writing on Tumblr, so it might take a while to actually post it.
I've also written a quick outline of the first chapter, but I won't be working on that until the prologue's been posted though.

Last edited:
More reviews! 600w yesterday, 500w today. Hopefully tonight I'll post here again with a wordcount for my own fic.

@unrepentantAuthor

It helps that I had a deadline; I usually post every Saturday, but I had to delay that to Sunday. That aside, I take care to plan out what I want to write in my chapter by making an outline in the document and deleting portions as I write them. And this would be impossible to do without having Sunday free from work. It's the one thing I have to have when selecting a job, so that can leave plenty of time to write--when I need to. I prefer reading on those days, but when I need to, I can write extensively.

To put it simply, planning, time, and desire all lead to the occasional 6000 word day. I rarely do it, but when I'm able to, it is pretty satisfying.

Wordcount seems to be in fashion around here, but I'm keeping track of that metric less and less... However, I did write a 25 line/5 stanza poetry piece today. I don't know if I'll actually post it, though, at least not yet It went from a disgustingly sappy love poem towards a pretty substantial spoiler for Land of the Roses.

Speaking of, I've been putting in the final bits of work for the next mini-chapter/interlude of that. Just a little bit more to go, I think.

edit: aaaand draft finished!

Last edited:
I've edited letters 1-3 of Flying in the Dark so far. Just minor wording and punctuation changes. May have facepalmed once or twice at other things, but refused the urge to cut/rewrite for now in favor of moving forward with the next chapter first. :p

I'm hoping to get a two-thousand-words-a-day schedule going so I can work on my Pokemon stories as well as my original works. I'd like to be published someday, but I can't forego the ideas have for the universe I've created. Hopefully I can manage to make it work...had some good progress on that yesterday, though, along with some outlining.

Back
Top Bottom