• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is not as simple as that since they've already alluded to simplifying training. Even the version mascots are supposed to appeal to kids more than to adults (who tend to complain about the starters not evolving). Plus, having two bi-annual series would be a good way not to make either one feel stale.

They could have made the Go-oriented features optional to begin with, but they didn't. Excellent sales aren't going to make Masuda change his mind.

It is not as simple as that since they've already alluded to simplifying training.
I was actually going to acknowledge that in my next post; it's too early to tell just how much LGPE will shake-up traditional gameplay elements, like IVs and EVs. Thus, I do agree that it's not so simple, but LGPE and the traditional main series are not so different that they seem impossible to merge favorably.

Even the version mascots are supposed to appeal to kids more than to adults
It was made pretty clear during the press conference and interviews that the games are for everyone, despite what people say about them appearing "childish" as a result of changing aspects of the main series "that's for older players." All you have to do is look at the trailer and see that there are plenty of adults playing the game.

Plus, having two bi-annual series would be a good way not to make either one feel stale.
Sure, there can be the "Let's Go" series and "traditional" series, but then you start up arguments about whether Game Freak is pulling potential resources from the "more important" traditional series to create the "less important" Let's Go games. Not only that, but followers of the "traditional" games would feel so marginalized, forced to wait every other year for "their" games instead of only one year (for the most part), not even considering break years.

They could have made the Go-oriented features optional to begin with, but they didn't. Excellent sales aren't going to make Masuda change his mind.
LGPE serve as a transition game for Pokemon Go players to get into the main series; remaking Yellow (basically) is a conscious choice, since the majority of Go players would have nostalgia for it, and younger players respect Kanto. Honestly, the only people who don't like Kanto and Gen 1 are certain players who have seen "enough of it" from playing the games up until this point. Remaking Yellow isn't for the heck of it, since no one thought that Gen 1 remakes were due or overdue for the Switch, and thus the Pokemon Go features in LGPE aren't there for fun. In short, Game Freak could have just put all of their effort into putting out Gen 8 (new region, new Pokemon, etc.) and continuing the series as it has been with inspiration from Pokemon Go to add features, but they obviously aren't, which LGPE makes clear.

Sure, there can be the "Let's Go" series and "traditional" series, but then you start up arguments about whether Game Freak is pulling potential resources from the "more important" traditional series to create the "less important" Let's Go games. Not only that, but followers of the "traditional" games would feel so marginalized, forced to wait every other year for "their" games instead of only one year (for the most part), not even considering break years.

This could be argued, but I think if they use those resources on making Let's Go games instead of sequels with barely any changes, then it's not a waste of resources. And honestly, I think Sun and Moon's lifetime was cut unnecessarily short by USUM being released just a year later.

Really think that people are freaking out prematurely. XD 2019 games won't have Go influence, so I'm not worried about anything.

Since this is a speculation thread, what do y'all think LGPE mean for the anime? I'm not creative enough to come up with a potential route the anime will go, so... thoughts?

I think there will either be an anime side series, or the anime will have a short season in Kanto before the season for the new region begins. I really don't think they can dedicate two years worth of arc for something based off LGPE.

This could be argued, but I think if they use those resources on making Let's Go games instead of sequels with barely any changes, then it's not a waste of resources. And honestly, I think Sun and Moon's lifetime was cut unnecessarily short by USUM being released just a year later.

Really think that people are freaking out prematurely. XD 2019 games won't have Go influence, so I'm not worried about anything.

Which sequels? USUM were never stated to be sequels.

Ash will enter the indigo league again.

So he can lose again.
I wonder what new diabolus ex machina are they gonna pull? So far they have used disobedient Pokémon (Kanto), bullshit physics (Johto), legendaries (Sinnoh), a bigger idiot than Ash (Unova) and making him lose for the sake of it (Kalos).

Why wouldn’t it? If LGPE is more successful than traditional main entries they have no reason to keep doing the latter. They’ll just keep making Let’s Go forever and make more money.

Because that's absurd. Literally what company ever would say "let me make less money than I could". And again, Pokemon at it's core is trading and battling with others so they will not make more money only making GO type games

Because that's absurd. Literally what company ever would say "let me make less money than I could". And again, Pokemon at it's core is trading and battling with others so they will not make more money only making GO type games

The fandom would ragequit without battling and trading with others.

Since this is a speculation thread, what do y'all think LGPE mean for the anime? I'm not creative enough to come up with a potential route the anime will go, so... thoughts?
I think we may actually just get Sun/Moon filler until the next games release in 2019... they don't often make return arcs for remakes. Even if LGPE isn't a traditional remake, I can't see it warranting its own anime arc.

Granted, the last and only return arc I can think of was also to Kanto, so who knows.

I don't know why some think there can't be two series coexisting with each other. It's just like saying Mario and Luigi can't coexist with Paper Mario just because they're both RPGs.
Because it's a first for Pokemon, I guess, and people still think of Game Freak as a small team whose max output is what they've been doing thus far. But they've hired new people, haven't they? Plus teaming up with Niantec for Let's Go- little Game Freak can handle two series. Nothing to worry about.

Because it's a first for Pokemon, I guess, and people still think of Game Freak as a small team whose max output is what they've been doing thus far.

But think about all the side series we have. PMD never replaced anything. Ranger never replaced anything. Colosseum never replaced anything. Granted yes, they are only side series but if GF can handle all of that, I think it's safe to say LG could potentially be it's own thing without replacing the traditional formula. The main thing is that the traditional formula is going no where regardless of how LG sells.

But think about all the side series we have. PMD never replaced anything. Ranger never replaced anything. Colosseum never replaced anything. Granted yes, they are only side series but if GF can handle all of that, I think it's safe to say LG could potentially be it's own thing without replacing the traditional formula. The main thing is that the traditional formula is going no where regardless of how LG sells.
…Okay but for the record GAME FREAK didn't develop any of those:
PMD: Chunsoft/Spike Chunsoft
Pokémon Ranger: HAL Laboratory & Creatures Inc.
Pokémon Colosseum: Genius Sonority
So far the only Pokémon games they've worked to create beyond the Core Series is Pokémon Quest.

So far the only Pokémon games they've worked to create beyond the Core Series is Pokémon Quest.
Yeeeeah, pretty much this... ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Game Freak didn't make any of those games so there was no "danger" of them replacing the main series in Game Freak's workload. That's why this is a concern that people have now and wasn't ever a concern for any of those spin-offs. Plus there's the fact that Let's Go is superficially similar to the main games and almost could stand as a substitute... but personally, I think the lack of competitive and any other features works to its detriment. I could see them getting bored developing games more similar to Let's Go with its super "basics" approach, than just carrying it on as a side series and continuing to develop the traditional games, which give them more room to innovate without worrying too much about the beginner player.

I wonder what new diabolus ex machina are they gonna pull? So far they have used disobedient Pokémon (Kanto), bullshit physics (Johto), legendaries (Sinnoh), a bigger idiot than Ash (Unova) and making him lose for the sake of it (Kalos).

If Ash goes to the indigo league again, I think he'll lose due to a disobedient Incineroar so that the parents who grew up with Kanto and the new generation can cry over the same thing, just as they’re meant to experience LGPE together.

Finally back from a ban. When it says such and such day, it means all day.

Anywho, any new leaks to look at? Now that we are officially on track to Gen 8.

It's the same principal, tho~ They could have potentially sold extremely well, and GF could have taken those formulas and replaced/added them in the main series games but they didn't~ Pokemon as a whole can handle a lot is what I was trying to get at~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom