• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rocketshipping General Discussion

20 years ago this day, a special episode aired that marked something big at least for Rocket fans; the first truly Rocket centric episode, Kojiro's backstory, an introduction to his rather insane family and his VERY sadistic fiancee, and a scene that quickly became famous among Rocketshippers everywhere, the appropriately titled 'balloon scene'!
balloonshippy3.jpg
balloonshippy2.jpg
jameslove.jpg
jessielove.jpg
And in these twenty years, Musashi and Kojiro and Nyasu have grown so much. :')

To celebrate, I wrote [URL='https://docs.google.com/document/d/1RHQ1s55D8Gecqdjtj3Gfx0DI0v_uL0NgidYJi07_q_k/edit']this.[/url]

Last edited:
Like all other Rocket-centric episodes, the original version is a must watch in this case. 4Kids was the dub of my childhood but nothing and no one can top the acting of Hayashibara and Miki in these kind of scenes.

If you've followed the original for any length of time it is anyway obvious (the ad-libbing, their behaviour during the radio show, the way they are credited as their characters rather than themselves in CD releases), but from the horse's mouth:
Megumi Hayashibara said:
We Rocket-Dan (voice actors) really are the Rocket-Dan when we step into the studio.
This is why the TRio and their relationships are so irresistible - at this point the seiyuus have a 20+ year long, loving friendship - it's all so real!! :love:

Omg that was so nice Natalie!!! :love: All the little interactions with each of the Pokemon added so much texture to the conversation Musashi and Kojiro had outside. I loved that it wasn't a "big" moment, but just the two of them sharing a little of their souls with one another. I could totally imagine such a scene actually happening, really well written, thank you!!

Speaking of the balloon scene, it was very beautifully animated, right? Did you know we've been crediting the wrong person for it? Even though the animation director for that episode was Izumi Shimura, the one who animated the final scene was Masaaki Iwane! He stated it in one of his tweets. Sadly, can't link to it, because it was some time ago ^^;

Last edited:
I don't know if they are supposed to be looking at the audience, but as far as I'm concerned they are totes just looking at one another... Iwane rocks.

Anyway, looks like there are some exciting times ahead for the team! Do you guys think this will provide an opportunity for shipping or will it simply result in a barren landscape of impersonal interactions like the BW Rocket plot?

tumblr_inline_pdjv8vAzLh1qdzcxe_500.png

Definitely the best scene of the episode!

I just realized it was the first time they actually entered an onsen NAKED (well yeah, they have nothign under those towels) together. All the previous times I can think of were some kind of fantasies (which is still good, but...). And on top of it all, they were fucking touching, like skin to skin!? THE BEST THING!

Rockets are getting really intimate, I'd say :D One of the best things about their relationship is that they feel no shame around each other, like it's all natural :3

No context is the best context:
DktszeqUYAAw1k_.jpg:large

DktyFgaVsAEntiQ.jpg

Back in the day, Pokemopolis.com would have had a field day with this whole episode...

tumblr_inline_pdjv8vAzLh1qdzcxe_500.png

Definitely the best scene of the episode!

Okay but why do the Rocket Pokemon even need towels? Also, I am a terrible person for even noticing that Kojiro's towel doesn't quite wrap around all the way here. ;)

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom