• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Your Unpopular Video Game Opinions

From what I can tell, this is unpopular or at least controversial, but here it is:

Link's Breath of the Wild appearance in blue is much better than any of his more traditional green tunic appearances.

And on a related note, I don't miss traditional dungeons not being in Breath of the Wild. The Divine Beasts were fun puzzle dungeons, and I enjoyed the way shrines were set up. It was good enough that I don't feel like BotW suffered for a lack of dungeons. That said, I wouldn't mind seeing them return in the next Zelda, so long as shrine-like places continued too.

I'm sure that would be unpopular in certain circles - I happen to agree, never much liked green anyway. I really like being able to play Link without that floppy green nightcap, too.

Which reminds me, I don't mind the rain mechanic in Breath of the Wild. I liked being made to think about what I was doing. It would, perhaps, have been good for there to be a piece of armour that mitigates or removes the problem

let's see if I can breathe a little life into one of my favorite threads to snoop in lol

Moray Towers was one of the best maps in the first Splatoon and it's still one of the best in Splatoon 2. People really exaggerated how oppressive chargers were in S1 at Moray. They were annoying (especially E-Liters with Damage Up), but I always thought it was one of the most fun maps to play on regardless, even as someone with a low-range weapon main (The Splash-o-Matic in S1; I'm a Foil Squeezer kind of person now in S2).

I enjoyed Sonic Forces more than Mania. I admit to Forces having its fair share of problems, like too short levels and a plot made of swiss cheese, but I still found it more fun to play. Don't get me wrong I still enjoyed Mania, and you can bet your ass I'm buying Mania Plus when it comes out. It's just that it's pretty much S3&K again, and I always liked the boost games better than the classic ones.

I kinda liked the Uprising controls yeah it hurt sometimes but I had more precision with it than twin sticks.

Speaking of controls I couldn't get into Wonderful 101 because it's controls and a glitch.

My unpopular opinion: fpses (and tpses to a certain extent) belong only on pc because the controls for console fpses are always unweildy and sucky.

Patroklos from Soulcalibur V was a good character. A lot of people consider him the worst SC character ever, but I liked that he was SUPER flawed, especially in contrast to his overly angelic mom. He made bad decisions, but I liked him for that because he felt more human. I'm sad that he probably won't be in SC6. :/
I don't think I've mentioned this one but I am not a fan of Lucina. She annoys me a lot.
Same here. If it were up to me, I'd also remove her as her own character in Smash and let her be a Marth alt costume at most.

Unlike the majority of the fandom, I wholeheartedly believe the Secret of Mana remake is genuinely good and doesn't deserve all the hate that it gets. I will defend the remake until my dying breath.

Third/first person shooters are awful. :V At least, to me they are. They just give me massive bouts of motion sickness, but even if they didn't, I find them rather boring.
Depends on the fps honestly, the shooters bethesda and microsoft own are very good, but CoD hasn’t been good since MW3 and EA only has released ONE good shooter since the medal of honor reboot and that was titanfall 2. (Which had some really creative levels)
As for a couple new ones I came up with
Personally I want WoW to stay a prenium game, but they could honestly adopt the star wars old republic model of “pay for expansions, OR pay for prenium pass” where if you shell out for the pass you get the expansion for free as a sign of loyalty
C&C4 was a good end to the tiberian saga.

And for my biggest one yet
Mocrosoft rare is NOT shell of their former selves, because everyone says that but then praises nearly every game they’ve made under microsoft (viva pinata, grabbed by the ghoulies, sea of thieves, kameo, and the last kinect sports) it can’t be both, and honestly the only microsoft era rare game I truly hated was perfect dark zero

Rise Kujikawa's voice, post-Persona 4 Golden/Proper timeline is better with Ashley Bursch, because let's face it, she grew up mentally and moved on with her life since she moved to Inaba, which was 13-14 months before Dancing All Night started. It's hardly any wonder that Rise decided to adopt a more confident and mature persona of herself by the time of her comeback, with an equally confident and mature-sounding voice. Not to mention I'm so glad that she didn't speak like she inhaled helium in the English version unlike the Japanese one! (I chalk up Laura Bailey's voice in Arena and Ultimax (and Atlus's initial plans to cast her in Dancing All Night) to grandfather's clause combined with the difficulty in simulating gradual voice changes.)

I have a very unpopular opinion: I dislike storytelling in PMD: Explorers.
The whole time travel thing had logical errors pretty similiar to errors present in Arceus and the Jewel of Life, and there are some questions that are actually left unanswered. Team Charm brought nothing to the plot, their post-game mission could as well be simply optional.
The protagonist personality and story is described, which makes it a bit hard to relate to him and say: hey, that's actually me!
Whilst I enjoyed special episode 5, I found some of the dialogues to be poor.
Also the Waterfall cave thing. For first: who built the trap and what for? For second: how a stream of water thrown our heroes to the exact same location TWICE?
To be clear: I don't hate it. But I do think it could have been handled better. I found it to be just.... poor at some points.

Last edited:
I'm sure most of those are valid points. But time travel already has logic errors by nature so complaining about errors in time travel is like complaining about an aople being an apple.

Logic errors only by human logic. We already known from quantum mechanics that particles can be quantum entangled both across space and across time; it actually is possible to send information from a period in the future to a period in the past. Thus, you can have a particle react to events that haven't happened yet.

How much information, and what limits there are on the types of information, still need to be explored.

I find the fallout games rather plain and boring compared to the elder scroll games. They both have splendid worldbuilding and characters and the like, but the gameplay for fallout can leave something to be desired imo

Back
Top Bottom