• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm really surprised that there haven't been any 4Chan "leaks" showing off the new Pokemon.

I just want to see Sinnoh in its full glory in 3D.

(Emphasis on in its full glory since an LG game would effectively go against Sinnoh's themes)

I doubt it’s getting a Let's Go remake. Sinnoh's Pokemon aren’t as well known as compared to Kanto's among the target audience of LGPE and it doesn’t have the same appeal amongst the general public.

Yes, most PoGo players are adults who grew up with Kanto.

I'm betting that the new pokemon is either a mythical or a regional variant. Leaning towards mythical.
I dunno, they usually use the terms “special Pokemon” for box legends or stuff like Mewtwo/Zygarde.

Pokemon Quest also has placeholders for 808 Pokemon. It’s highly unlikely that it’s a new form or something.

I thought 808 was the Djinn Pokemon which is probably just Hoopa's alternate form?
It’d be weird to have two placeholders for one pokemon, no?

And i just found an official source saying it’s an “all new Pokemon”. Doubt they’d use that kind of words for a new form.
At the end of the video introducing Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, there was some text that says you'll meet a special Pokémon, and I'm just wondering if that means something different than the Alolan Exeggutor you just talked about?

Mr. Ishihara: You were really paying attention to the details! I can say that the video is referring to an all-new Pokémon that will be appearing in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

Why have two numbers for the same Pokémon?
I don't know, it was discussed a few pages back that 808 was attached to the Djinn Pokemon classification and since Hoopa's the only one that uses two classifications, it kinda made sense if it was just a programming thing that made it take up an additional slot.

Can't find a source on it now, though.

It’d be weird to have two placeholders for one pokemon, no?

And i just found an official source saying it’s an “all new Pokemon”. Doubt they’d use that kind of words for a new form.

Guess that rules out regional variant. Still leaning towards mythical- maybe a legendary, but I feel like mythicals are the ones more often singled out.

So when do you think we'll actually *hear* something about Gen 8? Pretty sure not until after Winter, bit into 2019 at best.

January-February 2019 is my bet. Perhaps even sooner I think it'll be a similar situation to when B/W2 released in november, then in late december gamefreak started hyping up an announcement in january (with the b/w2 tv ads).

I don't think we'll have to wait that long after LGPE releases at all, especially when they've already confirmed a 2019 release and have been saying things about the game here and there

That's two different hacks. Hoopa Unbound was using the #808 slot when USUM was datamined. The tweet that was posted on it was from last year.

Pokemon Quest has a spot for #808 as well but no word on what it might be.
Aaaah... so it just could be Hoopa if it's using data the same way as USUM did.

I hope, whatever new pokemon it is that we're getting from LGPE, that LGPE won't be the only way to get it. Because I really do not want to ever play that game just for one pokemon.

Last edited:
I wanted to ask, would you like if the next game took a hand-drawn approach to the pokemon and humans, while still keeping the 3D environments? Basically 2.5D, but with hand drawn sprites instead of pixel-art

EDIT: Oh, and fully animated too

I hope, whatever new pokemon it is that we're getting from LGPE, that LGPE won't be the only way to get it. Because I really do not want to ever play that game just for one pokemon.
Chances are that you'll still have to rely on trades with LGPE players as far as the 2019 games are concerned, but are you a Pokedex completionist or something? You haven't even played any of the Unova/Kalos games, nor have you finished SM. You've gone on record as saying that you don't much care for post-Johto critters. There is nothing wrong with that, but it makes your claims inconsistent.

Last edited:
I think 4chan collectively despises LGPE so much that they don’t even see a point in trying. :p
I thought they despised everyone and everything.

I wouldn't worry about the future of remakes, unless they dumb down Sinnoh and remove everything that made it special I don't think it will follow LGPE. Johto, on the other hand...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom