• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Alolan forms of Kanto Pokémon are coming to Pokémon GO!

Not gonna lie, I am a teeeeensy bit annoyed that this is coming before Gen IV's Pokémon. I would have preferred to see the latter because of its slew of cross-generational evolutions.

An unexpected introduction, way too sooner than the rest of Gen 7.
That said, it is a welcome one :)

Looking forward to evolving all the Hat Pikachu I have saved up for this, as well as some nice A-Exeggutor (and just one A-Marowak for the collection).
I also hope A-Golem, A-Muk and A-Ninetales are any good :D

An unexpected introduction, way too sooner than the rest of Gen 7.
That said, it is a welcome one :)

Looking forward to evolving all the Hat Pikachu I have saved up for this, as well as some nice A-Exeggutor (and just one A-Marowak for the collection).
I also hope A-Golem, A-Muk and A-Ninetales are any good :D
Hold your hors... Rapidash...es?! It's seems from reading it and with the previous alolan exeggutor event that they won't be separate evolutions like in the main games but just straight up different forms like unown. Either way I'm excited because I love alolan forms. I'm toying with the idea of getting LGPE so I'm a little more interested in collecting alolan forms. In specific more alolan exeggutor since mine have bad ivs, but also Marowak and Ninetales. Really all of them pretty much.

Last edited:
Hold your hors... Rapidash...es?! It's seems from reading it and with the previous alolan exeggutor event that they won't be separate evolutions like in the main games but just straight up different forms like unown. Either way I'm excited because I love alolan forms. I'm toying with the idea of getting LGPE so I'm a little more interested in collecting alolan forms. In specific more alolan exeggutor since mine have bad ivs, but also Marowak and Ninetales. Really all of them pretty much.
Apparently so, but at the time of my post we did not know that :(

I wish I could evolve my saved up hat Pikachu into Alolan Raichu but apparently it may not be ever possible.

The cool part is that the parallel (non-branched) forms use the same base species Candy as the Kantonian forms. This is handy as I could immediately evolve the Alolan Meowth I hatched with Meowth Candy I've been saving up since long ago, and Alolan Golem which is supposed to be useful as both Rock and Electric attacker will also be easy to evole with Geodude Candy I've been saving up.

Ninetales and Muk I might need some more Candy for, though.

Apparently so, but at the time of my post we did not know that :(

I wish I could evolve my saved up hat Pikachu into Alolan Raichu but apparently it may not be ever possible.

The cool part is that the parallel (non-branched) forms use the same base species Candy as the Kantonian forms. This is handy as I could immediately evolve the Alolan Meowth I hatched with Meowth Candy I've been saving up since long ago, and Alolan Golem which is supposed to be useful as both Rock and Electric attacker will also be easy to evole with Geodude Candy I've been saving up.

Ninetales and Muk I might need some more Candy for, though.
That's good. I'm still relatively novice at GO (started slightly before the middle of 2017) and need to grind more candy for mons and participate in some events

So Exeggutor and Ratatta are the only Alolan forms available in the wild as of now, right?
Apparently so.

Anyway, caught an Alolan Rattata today, saw it as a shadow on the tracker alongside Zexy, it was quite a run. I'm also not going to evolve it into Raticate yet, would rather wait for the upcoming XP event when Lucky Eggs will last an hour and I'll be using them up more. Gotta hit that 38 :)
I've also had some Exeggutor from the previous event. Nothing else yet as I haven't hatched any 7km Eggs although I have one waiting, just considering what's the right timing for it.

Apparently so.

Anyway, caught an Alolan Rattata today, saw it as a shadow on the tracker alongside Zexy, it was quite a run. I'm also not going to evolve it into Raticate yet, would rather wait for the upcoming XP event when Lucky Eggs will last an hour and I'll be using them up more. Gotta hit that 38 :)
I've also had some Exeggutor from the previous event. Nothing else yet as I haven't hatched any 7km Eggs although I have one waiting, just considering what's the right timing for it.
Also got that Rattata, but since I don't mind about XP I just immediately evolved it into Raticate for the dex entry.

Nothing else for now in terms of 7km Eggs, but getting three Alolan families out of the equation already is nice enough.

I got my second 7km Egg and have it on the infinite Incubator.

Hopefully it's not Meowth again, but even in that case I won't mind too much having just two, so I can keep one of each form. Three or more would annoy me, however.

As soon as I get at least one of all of Meowth, Vulpix, Sandshrew and Grimer, I'll just stop bothering with 7km altogether.

I got Rattata, Meowth, Sandshrew and Grimer thus far (and their evolved forms). Can anyone tell me if you can get an Alolan Raichu out of a 7km egg?

I got Rattata, Meowth, Sandshrew and Grimer thus far (and their evolved forms). Can anyone tell me if you can get an Alolan Raichu out of a 7km egg?
Apparently not, considering it is a fully evolved form.

My second 7km Egg unfortunately hatched into a Meowth again :( However, it is from @TeaWest 's Gift from Seattle and shows that location, which makes it worth it :D

I've now gotten a third 7km Egg, also from one of my friends abroad. Hopefully I hatch something other than Meowth this time.

Well, as soon as I get a gift I send them away but I've got 63 people in my friends list and to be honest, I have no clue who 61 of them are and I get like what, 5 or 6 gifts a day. I got a co-worker on it and Zexy, but the others? No clue.

Apparently not, considering it is a fully evolved form.
Well, at least I hope I can evolve my shiny Pikachu into a shiny Alolan Raichu one day.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom