• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

There is a little hole in this theory: FR/LG are remastered versions of Gen 1 as well, and yet they have shinies. So, it makes sense that there will be shinies here as well, especially considering that GO has them, too.

FRLG is a remake and has all 386 Pokes at the time. This is trying to be more like gen 1, not gen 7

as for why I'd remove them, people over rated them too much and obsess over them too much and you get people saying that shiny hunting counts as post game when people say that the recent games have no post game
You could always just ignore those people? It's not like the game is making you read other people's opinions when you encounter a shiny.

Shinies weren't in gen 1, this is a gen 1 remaster but with worse stuff

as for why I'd remove them, people over rated them too much and obsess over them too much and you get people saying that shiny hunting counts as post game when people say that the recent games have no post game
That doesnt affect your game play? Not sure why that affects you so much, you can just play the game and ignore shinies if you dont like them, but removing them from the game removes a fun feature for a lot of people which is really unfair. Just because you dont like them doesnt mean they should be taken away from everybody.

IDK why they would get rid of Shinies? They literally harm no one and are rare AF. You're likely to literally never see them ever, why remove them for people who legitimately like Shiny Hunting?

Shines have been everywhere since Gen II and are also in Pokemon GO itself, there's no reason to remove them on the basis of just some one player not liking them~

And according to ADrive, they were already confirmed to be in the game, so~

Remember they did show that held items and abilities aaare not in this game back at e3 presentation

More GO influence, makes sense. Abilities aren't the most necessary thing in the world as it is with only 150 Pokemon in the game, though a Light Ball would have been appreciated~

In relation to Shinies, as I said though, they ARE in GO. They're even in Quest, a game far less likely to put them as a necessity. Aaannnnd has been Masuda confirmed~

– Masuda confirmed that if a Pokemon is Shiny in Pokemon GO, it will still be Shiny in Pokemon Let’s Go

Game Freak's Junichi Masuda on Pokemon: Let's Go, Pikachu / Eevee, update on online - Nintendo Everything

No reason to worry about (or wish for) them being gone~

Pokemon Co. says "trust us" with Pokemon: Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee, explains why they picked Pokemon Yellow for inspiration

Among those who have tried the game, some may feel that it has changed. However, we have been continuously changing the formula of the games since our inception, and in the end the players have accepted those changes. In that sense, this time we are doing the same, but that is part of the long tradition of Game Freak and the Pokémon series. We will not go wrong with the basics, so please, trust us.

His response to the game's divisive nature, I presume.

Kinda sad that they have to go through these lengths to make fans accept the games.
I'd be fine with this if the basics didn't involve throwing out all the other generation Pokémon. They could have at least kept the cross-gen evolutions, or even just the areas like the Safari Zone. Instead, it seems like they even removed stuff that were part of the original games. I'm not saying these games will be bad, but there needs to be something added to these games that isn't GO-based or nostalgia-based in order to win over the fan base.

For example, they could start by plugging in a bunch of mini-games or side-activities for your Pokémon to participate in. For example, maybe Game Freak could add stuff like the Amie mini-games, the Joyful Game Corner games of Two Island in FRLG, or even bring bringing back stuff like the Pokéathlon and stadium mini-games. Heck, give us back that Surfing Pikachu mini-game from Yellow, but allow our shoulder-mons to participate.

Another suggestion could be to change how certain moves work to accommodate the size differences and give more importance to the weight mechanics. Having your largest Snorlax use Body Slam should be more powerful than a Snorlax that's smaller than average.

Basically, Game Freak needs to add stuff to make up for what was removed, not just remove stuff and rely solely on nostalgia and brand loyalty.

After USUM I have little reason to trust them, since they are yet again recycling content rather than opting for sequels. The constant mentions of Go instead of the original games are also very bothersome. I am not even that bothered by all the removed features so much as the apparent lack of new ones.

"We will not go wrong with the basics, so please, trust us," sounds rather pathetic.

Among those who have tried the game, some may feel that it has changed. However, we have been continuously changing the formula of the games since our inception, and in the end the players have accepted those changes. In that sense, this time we are doing the same, but that is part of the long tradition of Game Freak and the Pokémon series. We will not go wrong with the basics, so please, trust us.
Are they telling us to accept whatever changes they do even when it’s a net loss of content?

Eevee has become very popular because it can evolve in many different ways.
I find it at a borderline-trolling level that they’re saying this after preventing Eevee from evolving and removing more than half of the eeveelutions from this game.

And as I mentioned before, we want this to be the game that people go to play after Pokémon GO, since Pokémon Pokémon Red, Blue, Green and Yellow appear in Pokémon GO,
Last time I checked Pokémon GO had smoochum, Scizor, and Crobat but they’re absent from these games.

Last edited:
However, that makes me wonder about something: what if you can get only 151 Pokémon during the main plot and “unlock” the others after becoming Champion?

You know, kinda like how you can’t get non-Unovan Pokémon during the main story in B/W, and if I’m not mistaken, the games were promoted similarly with the whole “no Pokémon from previous generations” slogan.

Not expecting a Sevii Islands remake, but maybe we could get an expansion of the Safari Zone or something like this.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom