• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
About the Ice discussion earlier: another way to buff hail would be to give more non-Ice-types hail-related abilities. Maybe even add a hail immunity to Thick Fat?
I was thinking of Dragon-types and Flying-types taking more damage from Hail, albeit not by much - somewhere around 0.5x.

im biased, but i'd love a region based on brazil. It is not a 100% tropical region, since it has desert-like biomes, cold places (not as cold as Canada or russia, but pokemon game could exaggerate it, its just a game, after all), and its multi-cultural potential is gigantic, both with myths and with simbolic places. Plus our faunas really cool tbh.

im biased, but i'd love a region based on brazil. It is not a 100% tropical region, since it has desert-like biomes, cold places (not as cold as Canada or russia, but pokemon game could exaggerate it, its just a game, after all), and its multi-cultural potential is gigantic, both with myths and with simbolic places. Plus our faunas really cool tbh.

A starter based on a Jaguar would be sweet, especially since Jaguars can swim so it could be a water type.

And speaking of water types, there are dolphins that live in the rivers of the Amazon so....

I wonder if any of those starters leaked earlier this year were the real Gen 8 starters...

I wonder if any of those starters leaked earlier this year were the real Gen 8 starters...
Really doubt it- the closest to being the right art style were the lemur and giraffe sets. The lemur set was already claimed by the artist and the giraffe set has a glaring issue with the shading being too defined. Not to mention the lack of personality when personality has been a main component of starters for generations now.

I'm a bit skeptical for most leaks. I know it could be real, but i try not to hype just to get my expectations down, y'know.

If you are talking about the lizard bull and ape I think there is a fair chance they are or at least they were in the plans the pokemon company has.
Many seem to think, and I agree, the region will be based on Spain for gen 8. If true, I would imagine this place will be south of Kalos, and from what we saw on Kalos' map, it looks like there is desert in this new region. Perhaps we will start the game in a desert place? be kinda different and neat to me.

It is a benefit for everyone interested in these upcoming games that we can basically compare what didn't leak for the Let's Go games, with what was supposedly being leaked about Gen 8 during the same time!

There were no translator leaks for Let's Go and very limited visual leaks. There was a very concise accurate summary of the games (The original leak on April 1st).

Also actually, Pokemon Quest can be brought in too, in that the only leak (that i can remember) before announcement was the photo of Lapras and Blastoise made from a block art set from the Ubisoft associated person. :)

Theoretically, the Gen 8 games are under even better protection than Let's Go, so there is at least a semi-precedent that very few leaks are possible!

To be fair we started toying with the idea of a Kanto remakes since Sun and Moon, but nobody really expected a Pokémon GO-esque stlye game for Switch until April, with that /vp/ leak.

Both titles (Let's Go and Gen VIII) seems to be very protected (although is true Let's Go were "leaked" with that blurry Lapras image nearly nobody trusted anyway). Which is a good thing.

I don't think any of the current leaks are remotely real because it seems to me that the legit leaks come later in development, because that's when things leave Game Freak and enter the risk of being leaked by other sources. Since the game is still a year off, I don't think we're at the stage where anyone outside of the company is going to have any information yet- the only likely thing we may see leaked any time soon is the mystery pokemon from Let's Go.

If you are talking about the lizard bull and ape I think there is a fair chance they are or at least they were in the plans the pokemon company has.
Many seem to think, and I agree, the region will be based on Spain for gen 8. If true, I would imagine this place will be south of Kalos, and from what we saw on Kalos' map, it looks like there is desert in this new region. Perhaps we will start the game in a desert place? be kinda different and neat to me.

If you meant these starters, then no, they're very much fake-
My Gen 8 Starter Fakemon: Grass Starter
My Gen 8 Starter Fakemon: Fire Starter
My Gen 8 Starter Fakemon: Water Starter

I'm really surprised that the special Pokemon hasn't been leaked, nor have we seen any fake leaks claiming to be showing it.

There are for sure plenty of people that have seen it. Like the people who did the Let's Go commercial, and of course, people at Niantic.

I'm really surprised that the special Pokemon hasn't been leaked, nor have we seen any fake leaks claiming to be showing it.

There are for sure plenty of people that have seen it. Like the people who did the Let's Go commercial, and of course, people at Niantic.
What if the commercial people haven't seen it, though? XD All we saw was the gift animation- that could be all that they saw too. Plus- if they did see it and any one of them tried to leak it, the manhunt for the leaker wouldn't have far to go.

But I am surprised at the lack of fakes so far.

As long as they don't bring back HMs then I'm alright with anything.

Agreed, but I do want Surf, Waterfall, and Fly TM's accessible in some manner during the main game. Those 3 HM moves I actually used in battles throughout the games in the past.

As to a region dominated by cold - would be kind of cool to have one game based on a climate that is very temperate, and one game where the region has a climate that is more frigid. Game names could be Pokemon Hot and Pokemon Cold :ROFLMAO:

Pretty sure they were talking about Mew.

Agreed, but I do want Surf, Waterfall, and Fly TM's accessible in some manner during the main game. Those 3 HM moves I actually used in battles throughout the games in the past.
I agree. Just don't put them in the post game like in Gen VII, maybe around mid or late game, not when there's only like 30 trainers left in the game.
Pretty sure they were talking about Mew.
They implied it will be a Gen VIII Pokémon, because after all, why would they keep secret something that has been known since the 90's and act like both things were different things?

EDIT: Also, Lavandula posted a picture of the supposed Gen VIII Pokémon. She said it looked like a character named from a game called Temtem or something.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom