• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM080: Sand's Storm! Ice Cave Double Battle!!

Conversely, I think it shows great character development that she's apparently changed her tone on evolving cute Pokémon like Clefairy and Alolan Vulpix. I really do appreciate the contrast between her past and present.

On that topic, I'm really starting to think some of us are blowing this whole Clefable out of proportion. Even if little Lillie was presumably upset at the time, one of her "I know you're in there" flashbacks with the Pokémon showed her and Clefable playing together just like before. It's not like Lusamine irreparably ruined their friendship by evolving her Clefairy...

The only thing regarding the Clefable background was that Lusamine had it evolved without Lillie's consent or without her knowledge until after the matter. (It wasn't that Clefairy had the stone shoved down her throat, she tapped that stone willingly and with joy!)

That was what Lillie was upset about. A beef against her mother rather than against Clefable.

Snowy it is a tad different in that the trainer asked and the Vulpix refused initially. Once Snowy refused that was the end of the matter for the episode and Lillie was fine with it.

If Lillie evolves Snowy in the future episodes, she won't be able to carry it around as she becomes an Alolan Ninetales which would make her upset until she catches a Smoochum to replace a cute Snowy. Misty had the same thing as Togepi evolved into a Togetic and she couldn't carry it around, she was upset then later on, she got an Azurill which she's been carrying around now that her Togepi has left her to come back to its world.

If Lillie evolves Snowy in the future episodes, she won't be able to carry it around as she becomes an Alolan Ninetales which would make her upset until she catches a Smoochum to replace a cute Snowy. Misty had the same thing as Togepi evolved into a Togetic and she couldn't carry it around, she was upset then later on, she got an Azurill which she's been carrying around now that her Togepi has left her to come back to its world.
@radek.tadajewski.7
Speaking about the expectation and excitement of Lillie. Does anyone something else on her? Like why writer always given her battling opponent pokémon with big size and baddies? Does it really curious, somehow is a major huge advantage for her side since she only have little snowy to fend off against these juggernaut?

Following lists of her battle during this episode opponent:

Episode 21 - Palossand

Episode 51 - Kommo-o

This episode - Tyranitar

Fourth - Unknown? Guzzlord, perhaps?

Does it really curious, somehow is a major huge advantage for her side since she only have little snowy to fend off against these juggernaut?

Following lists of her battle during this episode opponent:

Episode 21 - Palossand

Episode 51 - Kommo-o

This episode - Tyranitar
Don't forget that Snowy's had help in all of these. Some of the group were using big fans to make the windy Powder Snow work against the giant Palossand; Gladion and Silvally did most of the work against Kommo-o; now there was the big Alolan Sandslash.

Don't forget that Snowy's had help in all of these. Some of the group were using big fans to make the windy Powder Snow work against the giant Palossand; Gladion and Silvally did most of the work against Kommo-o; now there was the big Alolan Sandslash.
@Gengarzilla
Good point. However, what if one day she had to face them without any help. Do you think she have chance to pull it off like previous encounter? Because, not every time won't be so lucky as it will run out. It only time matter. Eventually She have to fend off by herself with Ash and the other. Unless the writer want to put something to help her in the future episode if the scneraio occur again.

Last edited:
Such a great episode for Lilie and, well, just in general. We got some nice interactions between Lilie, Mao and Mamane, learned a tiny bit more about them, and it was a breath of fresh air to see them doing stuff without Satoshi around. Good choice from the writers to have especifically those three characters get lost together, they're in need of some development.

Now Shiron will probably end up evolving in some crucial moment in the future and I have to say I don't dislike the idea.

Such a great episode for Lilie and, well, just in general. We got some nice interactions between Lilie, Mao and Mamane, learned a tiny bit more about them, and it was a breath of fresh air to see them doing stuff without Satoshi around. Good choice from the writers to have especifically those three characters get lost together, they're in need of some development.

Now Shiron will probably end up evolving in some crucial moment in the future and I have to say I don't dislike the idea.
@Zyar
However, that won't happen until the other two girl (Mallow & Lana) pokémon (Steenee & Popplio) evolve first. Because, I can see the cutie fruit pokémon will be the one to do it first since her partner always show up with all those kick in additional of letting hair down during in her bed time. However, the requirement of that she need to learn Stomp. Perhaps, in the future episode featuring Ultra Beasts like Pheromosa may trigger that instinct somehow.

As for the sea lion & dog puppy. Team Skull Leaders (Guzma or Plumeria) might WANT to steal it, due to the fact way back in episode 5. He or she probably ordering those gang to get that puppy, but was rescue by Lana and become his first pokémon since them. So, I might guess Guzma had to do all by himself to get the thing done as his underling had fail so much.

Why? I don't expect any more evolution for Steenee, as it would look weird beside Mallow.
@martianmister
I know is sound crazy. But there is one magazine shot revealing Ash and the other classmate walking alongside with and there is Tsareena. It is definitely owned by Mallow. Only time may tell. Like I say. Don't take my theory seriously.

Here is the picture shot. It is really in anime. Nevertheless, I will find more information to give it to you. If I have the time to show it to you.

View: https://twitter.com/that_Paul_dude/status/1012451780490334209

Last edited:
I know is sound crazy. But there is one magazine shot revealing Ash and the other classmate walking alongside with and there is Tsareena. It is definitely owned by Mallow. Only time may tell. Like I say. Don't take my theory seriously.
This?
Dd9onHRV0AA5h7f.jpg:small
I really doubt that it's foreshadowing anything.
Actually, martian, Mallow's hairstyle looks identical to a Tsareena.
Similar, not identical. Not that it really means a thing. Iris looks like Zekrom, Hikari looks like Darkrai, etc. None of them got those pokemon.

This?
Dd9onHRV0AA5h7f.jpg:small
I really doubt that it's foreshadowing anything.

Similar, not identical. Not that it really means a thing. Iris looks like Zekrom, Hikari looks like Darkrai, etc. None of them got those pokemon.
@martianmister
Doubt or not. It is concluded that the series must showed all the Z-Move before the ending draw near following the Necrozma Arc occurred. Also, for Poipole. The writer might given a big surprise that it is the only Ultra Beasts that ever evolve into Naganadel to finally return home where it come from. Nonetheless, we will see how it occurred and again don't take my theory seriously. I only stated 50/50 chance will happens, especially I give up the hope of old character return such as Anabel & Looker is already out of the question. Unless, the writer have a huge surprise for us during or after the 21st movie.

let's hope mallow's steenee (mao's amamaiko) evolves into tsareena in the future episodes. Well, probably in sm092

let's hope mallow's steenee (mao's amamaiko) evolves into tsareena in the future episodes. Well, probably in sm092
@BraixenFennekin
Fight like Hitmonlee. Speed that rival of Greninja, At the head of the crown is the fruit highness, Amajo (Tsareena).

You know, If Ash see some of the move from her. Do you think it might remind of his Greninja somehow?

How is it concluded?
@PkmnTrainerV
You know all the Element type of Z-move including the specific Pokémon as well. That needed to show in the anime, before the series came to conclusion, that also the story of the characters leave, stay and go. Anyway, I will explained in a matter of several hours. I very sleepy now.

Good night or good morning to you, whatever country you live. I'm sure is day over there now according to your timezone.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom