• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia It's All About ME 2 Mafia: Endgame: Resourceful Plans - 8/7/18

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm...Jinjo looks mighty defensive to just up and roleclaim like that. It feels different from her usual play, somehow. And something seems fishy about the claim itself...hard to say, but the way it’s worded feels like she looked it up/got a fakeclaim from a scumbud rather than getting it from her own role PM? That’s what I think could be the case, anyways...

Unvote: TheCapsFan
Vote: Jinjo

I don't have a scum buddy and I roleclaim a lot.

You spend your time wishing you were somewhere else instead of at your dull day job, and you constantly dream about a better life. You deliberately tune out the real world going on around you in order to envision yourself in better surroundings, but why do you spend so much time dreaming? You dream to escape reality. You were bullied in the past, lost some close friends, and have had to face many trials and tribulations that most people will never encounter during their entire lives. To escape your bitter past, you envision a bright future. You are overall very optimistic, but naive, and not in touch with your surroundings at all. Many people say that you waste your time dreaming, and don't act to make your dreams a reality, and, while that may be true, you'd rather escape from the harsh confines of reality and into the comfortable and familiar realm of your imagination. In your slightly more lucid moments, you theorize that your dreams and keeping yourself one step removed from reality is what keeps you sane and allows you to keep going on day after day, despite the things you experienced in the past. But then you shake off that mentality and just go right on dreaming.
During the night, you have the power to make your dreams become a reality. As such you are the Dreaming God. Each night, you can PM the hosts one of the following genres. These will result in some sort of action happening, but you do not know what those actions might be. You may use each genre only once.
1. Super Hero Flicks
2. Science Fiction
3. Cooking Shows
4. Holiday Specials
5. Romance Movies
6. Conspiracy Theories
7. Slapstick Comedies
You are allied with the Malcontent Eliminators. You win when all threats to your faction have been neutralized.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this or not.

Guess I got myself modkilled.

Uhm... well, you should have asked ME for anything you weren't sure about or ask all the players before posting.

Now that Jinjo is technically out of the game, most votes seem to be gone or still a joke vote.
@Thanos @Pikochu I don't think you've posted yet in D1.

MP's vote on Jinjo seemed genuine to me. Personally, Jinjo turned defencive real fast some pressure. There was no need for an immediate role claim yet imo. So it did look like it was too much pressure as scum. I was about to make the vote as well, but...

Elieson and MP have taken the most initiative in hunting so town points there. Elementar made a nice post commenting on Jinjo which is also worth mentioning, but doesn't feel too alignment indicative.
The others are mostly making small comments and joke votes.

I'll might as well just role claim now. I'm the Dreaming God which causes a global passive effect on the entire game for instance allowing all players to speak to each other privately for the duration of the game or shortening the phase. A Dreaming God possesses a list of different flavor names during each night can choose an ability to use. Every time when I play a Mafia game, Elementar always accuses me for being a Mafia and I did not feel pressure voted, I'm just saying how suspicious Elieson looked. Now that I have already role claimed, I have 2 votes on me.

I don't always accuse you of being mafia Jinjo. IIRC, last game I never voted for you once, and this game I didn't think you were really mafia. I didn't want Elieson lynched and you just seemed more jumpy than usual. Please don't twist my words. And I actually believed your claim too before this.

I don't always accuse you of being mafia Jinjo. IIRC, last game I never voted for you once, and this game I didn't think you were really mafia. I didn't want Elieson lynched and you just seemed more jumpy than usual. Please don't twist my words. And I actually believed your claim too before this.

Last game I played with you was Kingdom Hearts and you voted me on Day 2. Go read the Kingdom Hearts mafia game and see for yourself that you voted me on that game.

Since I'm still in the game and haven't gotten modkilled yet, I can still scum hunt and I just caught Elementar lying.

Unvote: Elieson

Vote: Elementar

I'm not sure that my vote will even count now that I'm modkilled but this vote is for lying saying you never voted me in the last game but you voted me on Day 2 on the Kingdom Hearts Mafia.

By the way, why do you still have your vote on a modkilled player when the votes on me and my vote will not even count?

Jinjo has been Modkilled
Jinjo has been modkilled. As a result of this, her vote and all votes against her are now invalid. Her role flip will be revealed upon the phase change. Phase has been extended for 12 hours, to give you all a chance to regroup. The phase will now end in just over 16 hours.
To clarify, the reason Jinjo is being modkilled is because even purporting to quote the host on something, whether or not the host actually said what you say they said, is against the game rules.

Votals stand thus:
Elieson: I (Max1996)
MegaPod: I (TheCapsFan)
Zexinator: I (Pika_Pika42)

Moving forward, I'd like to remind you all of two things.
1. If you're not sure whether or not something is allowed, read the rules.
2. If you're still unsure, ask me.

Hopefully we can avoid more modkilling in the future, since they're no fun for anyone.

/me SIGHS

Well that happened

Hmm...Jinjo looks mighty defensive to just up and roleclaim like that. It feels different from her usual play, somehow. And something seems fishy about the claim itself...hard to say, but the way it’s worded feels like she looked it up/got a fakeclaim from a scumbud rather than getting it from her own role PM? That’s what I think could be the case, anyways...

Unvote: TheCapsFan
Vote: Jinjo

This is a pretty good post, despite Jinjo currently being out of the game, but I gotta nitpick because it's what I do. You mention that you think a scumbud wrote it, and with confidence. Why would you immediately jump to that conclusion? That's a bit of a stretch to make, considering that our benevolent host is known for being verbose in his role descriptions.

Unvote: Elieson

Vote: Elementar

I'm not sure that my vote will even count now that I'm modkilled but this vote is for lying saying you never voted me in the last game but you voted me on Day 2 on the Kingdom Hearts Mafia.

@Elementar

Considering the circumstances, you do owe the game a response here. Don't think you're scooting out of the spotlight that easily.

also please pardon my semi-AFK-ness while we celebrate a US holilday.

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY, FELLOW AMERICANS!

This is a pretty good post, despite Jinjo currently being out of the game, but I gotta nitpick because it's what I do. You mention that you think a scumbud wrote it, and with confidence. Why would you immediately jump to that conclusion? That's a bit of a stretch to make, considering that our benevolent host is known for being verbose in his role descriptions.
I'm not MegaPod, but to me it was written like an official description, as if it was copied from a mafia site. I doubt a scum buddy smart enough would copy it instead of saying it in their own words. But with the modkill that's all not possible now. My point though, is that it seems very professional and unlikely from a partner. I'm also curious what thought went through MP here.

It's not bad to vote for a townie.

Agreed wholeheartedly. especially early on in the game. I always like seeing thinking like this because few players seem to understand that a townie's most important power is his vote, and this post uses that kind of thought.

Why would you immediately jump to that conclusion? That's a bit of a stretch to make, considering that our benevolent host is known for being verbose in his role descriptions.

I was thinking this exactly. Consider my vote on MegaPod now a pressure vote.

I will gladly explain my thought process. The way Jinjo worded it seemed like a description you’d get from someone or somewiki generally explaining the role, especially since she mentioned a couple examples of possible effects, something I would not expect from an actual Dreaming God role PM.

Also, the fact that Elementar supposingly lied (I’ll have to check back on KH Mafia myself to confirm this) does raise some alarm bells. I wanna hear from him on that.

@Elementar

Considering the circumstances, you do owe the game a response here. Don't think you're scooting out of the spotlight that easily.

I said "IIRC," meaning that I wasn't too sure if I voted for them last game. I thought it might've been a different game. Point was, I didn't want Jinjo painting me out like I target them every mafia game. And I don't really think I was lying. I basically admitted in my post I was unsure, and that post wasn't really to do with this game.

Actually, hold on un momento.

You mention that you think a scumbud wrote it, and with confidence. Why would you immediately jump to that conclusion?

I said that I thought it was either an idea from a scumbud or looked up from someplace. And I did find it likely, yes, but not 100%. Aren’t you kinda twisting my words here, Elieson?

Vote: Elieson

I said that I thought it was either an idea from a scumbud or looked up from someplace. And I did find it likely, yes, but not 100%. Aren’t you kinda twisting my words here, Elieson?

You mention that you think a scumbud wrote it, and with confidence.

This right here, a whole extra sentence, is what I mean. If you weren't thinking about it with confidence, then you adding an extra sentence at the end restating that your thoughts on this are indeed your thoughts on it, is either intentionally pointless fluff, or you like, forgot what you were saying mid-thought process. You're no dummy; you clearly said what you said (all of it), with conviction.

I was thinking this exactly. Consider my vote on MegaPod now a pressure vote.

##Vote TheCapsFan

This is lazy pressure at its finest, and is most certainly not using the already-placed vote to get any answers. "I'm applying pressure with it" yea...no. Borrowing my logic does not a case make, when there wasn't a case to begin with.

@Max1996 Comments on the game please. @Thanos @Pikochu Show up to show down please.

TBH I'd buy the Elementar thing; if I wasn't super obviously scumreading someone from a past game, and I voted them for pressure application or something, I'd probably have forgotten that I voted for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom