• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM081: Alola's Young Fire! Royal Satoshi's Birth!!

Funny and excitement episode. Burnet is only one way closer to know his husband identity very very soon.

I bet Bourgain went on Hoenn, and he stole Serena's Pancham, and Bourgain let Pancham evolve into Pangoro. hahahahahahaha Just kidding. And this episode was terrific awesome. I thought Torracat learned Fire Punch but he learned Revenge. Well, that was awesome episode. As it says always: "Enjoy!"

Episode ended up sure enough with a predictable outcome, but I still enjoyed the fact that we're starting to get more fleshed out battles in the series (SM076 and SM077 personally could've been better though). The animation was good, the jokes were better than most of SM's humor and come to think of it, there were actually pretty little comical expressions when compared to an actual episode of the series. I also love that each member on Ash's team (aside from Poipole) has gotten a new move just in the course of 6 episodes.

OVERALL SCORE:
8.5/10

A nice episode but way too much talking

And why did they have Team Rocket acting as MC's again, must have been other characters they could have used
A spotted a Chansey, Blissey and Alola Form Raichu in the crowd, can you add them, please?

A nice episode but way too much talking

And why did they have Team Rocket acting as MC's again, must have been other characters they could have used
Just wait for the subtitles.

Why not, may I ask? It's a good way of having them in an episode while not getting in the way of the plot.

Because I can't stand Team Rocket

Do the Muk, Poliwrath and Golem belong to any named trainers?
Even if Team Rocket weren't the announcers in the episode and were replaced with random characters, the episode would have virtually been unchanged.

I'll happily take a non-assertive role they had in the episode over what could potentially ended up in them probably getting shoehorned into the Battle Royale only to get taken away by Bewear after about 2 minutes.

As for the Pokemon, they seem to only belong to the Grunts.

So Torracat learns revenge...
It’s interesting that a dark move has been animated with Fire that isn’t Darkest Lariat.

Pretty much in line with my predictions.
EDIT: Revenge is a Fighting and not Dark move. My bad. Still, it’s nice to see a Fighting move animated with Fire.

Last edited:
Are you able to provide an image to confirm these, whilst I do believe you, some aren't so sure
They can be seen in the preview of this episode, so does the episode itself.
8Q3vV7W

Last edited:
Screenshot_2018-07-05-15-20-09-1.png

IT'S ME, ALOLA! IT WAS ME! ALL ALONG! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! HOOK, LINE, AND SINKER! YOU ALL BOUGHT IT! EVEN MY FAMILY, EVEN MY IMMEDIATE FAMILY BOUGHT IT!
Wow, was that match boring or what? It's like exact same moves done and done again with nothing interesting and new to add.
Suiren deserve to be there right next to Royal Mask more than Satoshi ever does.
Mao, I'm surprised that you're interested something like this. Maybe you're just here to babysit Suiren?
Lilie, please, we all know it's not your thing.
Kukui is living a double life, confirmed. I smell a divorce! And apparently poor Gaogaen has to live in a pokeball for its whole life, because of Kukui's pointless secret.
Nice to know that rich jerk who tried to destroy Kaki's family is free with no consequences. Yay!
Nyasu, I think you have a crush on Nyaheat. SM could end soon, you have to open your feelings for her/him!

This episode kinda confused the hell out of me. Maybe it's just because I don't know anything about wrestling, but I didn't get how Royal Mask's opponents were...well opponents plural and not just one other person. Also, I didn't understand how Ash was just allowed to join the fight after Torracat decided to insert himself into it when Incineroar was getting trashed. And for some reason Kiawe and Lana couldn't join, but their Pokemon were allowed to help out with no penalties to the Royal duo or anything. But this is Pokemon and logic means nothing so I won't focus on that too much.

My main issue with this episode was how people/pokemon just kept coming out of nowhere. First Royal Mask was battling Elective, then Magmotar, A-Golem, A-Muk, and Poliwrath joined the fight. Then the dude who tried to take Kiawe's farm literally rolled up out of nowhere. It was so much and so weird, and in my opinion, so unnecessary.

Also, can I just say that I feel this is the most I've seen of Torracat since his evolution (ironically in the last Royal Mask episode). Seriously, I feel like he's had no focus for so long, and now gets another focus episode that once again centers around Royal Mask and even learns a new move to boot.

Overall, the episode was fine, just weird to me. Torracat learning Revenge was nice I guess. TR being the announcers were easily the worst part of the episode. Overall, I'd say this episode ranks at about a 7. Not terrible, but not something I'd re-watch either.

How dare Team Rocket be productive members of society and offer to MC a Battle Royale

Clearly they should be in every episode, tied to every conflict, overshadow the actual regional villain team, and get blasted off by Pikachu's Thunderbolt at the end of it all

How dare Team Rocket be productive members of society and offer to MC a Battle Royale

Clearly they should be in every episode, tied to every conflict, overshadow the actual regional villain team, and get blasted off by Pikachu's Thunderbolt at the end of it all
d3113e55aad248069a64a09350239b8cb29fff0af64b296f60d4a8451d00c0f5.jpg

...and I like it.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom