• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM084: The Shape of Family, Bevenom's Feelings!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
SM084 - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia

Airs August 2nd. Credit for summary translation and staff list goes to Dephender:
One day at dusk, Satoshi goes to the marketplace, where he meets a woman that paints wonderful pictures. She tells him her name is Matsurika, and it appears she is able to sense how Pokémon feel deep inside. When she looks at Bevenom, she immediately feels that it loves painting pictures. But she also senses something else.
Screenplay 松井亜弥 (Aya Matsui)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Animation Director 岩根雅明 (Masaaki Iwane)
Animation Director 志村泉 (Izumi Shimura)

So, Mina is a wanderer artist in the anime. Wonder if she's gonna be somehow related to Poni Island trial, or just be used as a CotD. Nice to see that they planned to link Bebenom's interest in painting with Mina.

Mina makes her anime debut in an episode that sounds interesting, but I be cautiously optimistic about.

oh good, maybe an episode where Ash and Poipole begin bonding even more. Also, maybe it'll learn a poison type move that Ash can use in a fairy trial.

On another note, the fairy trial shouldn't be hard per say. I took down Ribombee in one gay with Flare Blitz from Incineroar in my latest play through.

oh good, maybe an episode where Ash and Poipole begin bonding even more. Also, maybe it'll learn a poison type move that Ash can use in a fairy trial.

On another note, the fairy trial shouldn't be hard per say. I took down Ribombee in one gay with Flare Blitz from Incineroar in my latest play through.
@IncineROAR
Problem is Ash don't have any fairy-type pokémon even though he competing and get that Fairium Z. He can't use it unless his classmate travel with him. But I know, it very unlikely as this episode is another like the Ula Ula island solo. But if Lillie getting it, I knew that she is going to Z-Ring sooner or later before the episode reach 90 as it pointless to get Z-Crystal without perform anything.

Honestly, while I wouldn't put any bets on Ash getting the Fairium-Z given his current team, I also REALLY hope Mina isn't just going to be a CotD. She's one of my favorite Trial Captains, so I hope she ends up being more like Acerola and having some kind of role in the Poni Island arc alongside Hapu and/or Tapu Fini.

On an unrelated note, now that we've seen all seven Captains and Molyanne, I'm still surprised we haven't seen a Team Skull episode that introduces Plumeria & Guzma.

I didn't set the "expect the worst and you will never get dissapointed" philosophy as mine, but i dont realy believe that guzma will appear. If he does, it would be the Best surprise in my life.

Last edited:
He didn't get Ghostium Z despite of completing Acerola's trial. So, currently all bets are off.
@martianmister
I know, another episode wasted again due to the having the potential of that.

I kinda doubt, this episode going to be like the one with Molayne except without the sad moment of minior consumed by Rayquaza.

Edit: It might be finally reveal what Poipole destiny may fulfilled.

Last edited:
I'm thinking about an episode about Poipole missing its family and showing it by painting a picture of its parent. Maybe that's how we will be introduced to Naganadel.
@martianmister
If so, then it Poipole evolve will be out of the question. Also, do you think Mina personality kinda reminded of Valerie, the gym leader of Laverne City of XY series? since according to early preview summary.

She knows the inside heart of Pokémon and may even able speak the language of them. Not to even mention, she is also fairy tale as well. Don't you think is coincidence?

How does Poipole drawing a Naganadel make its evolution 'out of the question'?
@PkmnTrainerV
I don't know, perhaps maybe is in the poster with Tsareena and other pokémon in their final evolution form doesn't show Poipole evolve at all as it still remain itself as usual.

But we will see in the future if is wrong. I will take back the word of 'out of the question'.

@PkmnTrainerV
I don't know, perhaps maybe is in the poster with Tsareena and other pokémon in their final evolution form doesn't show Poipole evolve at all as it still remain itself as usual

The poster also had Alolan Raichu, and Dugtrio. No one in the main cast is likely to get them at this point in the series so the poster doesn’t have to be 100% accurate.

The poster also had Alolan Raichu, and Dugtrio. No one in the main cast is likely to get them at this point in the series so the poster doesn’t have to be 100% accurate.
@PkmnTrainerV
Yeah, except for the opening and ending. Which foreshadowing what is to come in the future.

Anyway, does Mina going to become Valerie 2.0? Because, according to preview summary stating she knows the inside heart of Pokémon. That the only thing, I reminded is way back in XY series. Where Laverne City, Gym leader talking with pokémon was by their own language and also a fairy type. Don't you agree?

Last edited:
If you think about it there is an UB episode after this one, so maybe she will explain about Poni or who knows maybe Poni will be skipped.

If you think about it there is an UB episode after this one, so maybe she will explain about Poni or who knows maybe Poni will be skipped.
@KenzeyEevee
I don't think Poni will be be skipped. Because, in order to enter the league. All the Island Kahuna grand trial needed to be complete as well. My guess is that Poni island challenge will come during the Ultra Necrozma Arc.

Not to even mention, the final member of the Elite Four (Kahili) still hasn't making her entrance into the series yet. But sooner or later will be. If she debut, I hope is a sport filler episode that featuring the golf. You know, most of the time she always played that sport and the possibility of wanting to become the Top Pokémon Golfer in her own dream, perhaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom