• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It might be a brand new Mewtwo forme. Like Necrozma has two already powerful formes by fusing with Solgaleo or Lunala. And then it also has the even more powerful ULTRA Necrozma.

Mewtwo has two powerful Megas (X and Y), but now they may reveal a new form that is Ultra Necrozma tier powerful.

Last edited:
Mewtwo was always a pokemon that constantly grows stronger as time passes. To the point it's more powerful the the god of pokemon. And I doubt his progress stops to just Mega Evolution. Now in other news I hear that Eevee in Everyone's Story does not evolve, meaning no new Eeveelution sadly.

Any new mechanic prediction in the Gen 8 game? I personally don't want another in-battle only form change mechanic in the Gen 8 games.

Any new mechanic prediction in the Gen 8 game? I personally don't want another in-battle only form change mechanic in the Gen 8 games.
Yeeeeah, if we're going to get more in-battle form changes, let's just add more Mega Evolutions instead of coming up with a new mechanic for it. We really don't need to complicate things with "totally different but not really" features.

My vote for a new battle mechanic would be something to boost weak pokemon to make them viable in competitive play. Then people could use more of their favorite pokemon competitively. Gotta mow down those pseudo-legendaries with our top percentage rattatas- living the Joey dream.

My vote for a new battle mechanic would be something to boost weak pokemon to make them viable in competitive play. Then people could use more of their favorite pokemon competitively. Gotta mow down those pseudo-legendaries with our top percentage rattatas- living the Joey dream.
That would be great. The problem is, how to implement it?

Yeeeeah, if we're going to get more in-battle form changes, let's just add more Mega Evolutions instead of coming up with a new mechanic for it. We really don't need to complicate things with "totally different but not really" features.

I hope for something completely different from Mega Evolutions entirely, my vote would be for a new battle mechanic would be restoring Fossil Pokemon's original typing they had in ancient times. I know I'm not the only one who wants a Fossil Pokemon without the Rock-typing.

I'd rather see Game Freak improve existing mechanics rather than making entirely new ones. There's only so much Game Freak can really do at this point mechanic-wise, and I really am tired of them abandoning new feature every generation. So, how about instead of a generational gimmick, Game Freak improves upon the like likes of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves instead?

I sadly doubt that will happen though...

Would probably just give a boost to stats? I imagine it would only be applicable to one pokemon per battle, much like Mega Evolutions and Z-moves. I guess it'd need something to determine how high of a boost they would get.

I'd rather see Game Freak improve existing mechanics rather than making entirely new ones. There's only so much Game Freak can really do at this point mechanic-wise, and I really am tired of them abandoning new feature every generation. So, how about instead of a generational gimmick, Game Freak improves upon the like likes of Mega Evolution and Z-Moves instead?

I sadly doubt that will happen though...

I reeeeally would like to see some more Mega Evolutions. XD So I hope they revisit existing mechanics as well.

After the rather disappointing news streak we've had, I have no hopes for anything amazing.

Well I didn’t say it was going to be amazing. Just that we know it’s an all-new Pokémon.

I would really really like such a mechanic. I think it is long overdue for something like this. There are plenty of first or second stage evolutions that look (much) better than their respective final evolutions, and making them viable would be great. Gabite and Grovyle come to mind, for instance. Also Gastly, Haunter, Dragonair, Pikachu, etc. I could go on... All those Pokémon deserve to be used in battles and to be viable. If not for competitive, I would at least like to use them to challenge Battle Facilities without feeling that I am handicapping myself.

Also we gotta do it. FOR JOEY! XD

The way I envision it, the boost for weaker Pokémon would work via a held item. Basically what the Eviolite is, but boosting ALL stats rather than just two. I think it could function very well and really shake up the formula, as long as they take enough time to balance everything.

Last edited:
I once came up with an idea of giving pokemon special armor that can boost certain stats, and it can be customizable, though you have to manually activate like z-moves or megas, so you can keep it as an ace in the hole

Last edited:
When does everyone think we will see news about this new Pokemon? Surely before LGPE release in November. My guess is next month or at least by September.

Also, was CoroCoro not a thing this month?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom