• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Pokémon GO Adventure Log & Stories Thread!

I was out for the majority of the community day today, caught a whole bunch of Squirtles but only got two Shinies, although one of them has shades. I have evolved him all the way to Blastoise. I wonder if I will be able to transfer him to Let's Go?

I missed out on getting any Shiny Articuno... Or any Articuno for that matter. There are loads of local players, but none seemed to be out yesterday.

On another positive note, I finally found another Pineco and now have a Forretress! I also did a Mawile raid by myself today and won! I've never been able to win a Mawile raid before so I'm glad to have succeeded and caught something new :) I also got a single Rare Candy out of it (one of my field research quests was to win a raid) so now I need to decide who to spend it on :)

Caught 66 Squirtles during the CD, 1 shiny. And as the Gods of RNG would have it, right after it ended I catch a shiny Roselia. Heh.
I also evolved my 100% IV Squirtle to a Blastoise. Not gonna power it up since Blastoise is pretty weak and I need my star dust elsewhere.

Usually catch more Pokemon on community day then I did for Squirtles but still got 3 horrible IV shiny and 4 shiny with glasses. Got a 96% shiny with glasses and a 96% non shiny with glasses. Evolved some so got all 3 evolutions of Squirtle in shiny, shiny w/ glasses, and non shiny w/ glasses.

Yesterday was my 7 day streak visiting Pokéstops and I got a Metal Coat. Since they introduced evolution items, I've had about 8 or so each of Sun Stones, Metal Coats, Kings Rocks and Dragon Scales. So I was disappointed yesterday with yet another Metal Coat. Today, back to day one, I got my first ever Upgrade and finally FINALLY evolved my Porygon!

I also successfully completed another Mawile raid and got another Snorlax through the field research breakthrough, both better than the ones I caught previously.

So, all in all, a good day :)

Should I be proud of this lost tourist?

cg40LOY.png

Went out for a lovely walk with my fiancé today, caught a few Alolan Geodude and one Alolan Diglett.
I came across a few monsters that I rarely see, specifically Treecko and Torchic. I didn't get enough for Sceptile and Bkaziken but still closer than normal. I also came across a couple of Trapinch and hatched one too, so I finally have a Vibrava too :)

Caught a lot, including two shiny Minums, two Alola Geodudes (one is now a Golem). Best of all, I did my third legendary raid and scored a Lugia! Ok, the IVs are on the low side (82%), but meh, I'm glad I caught it. Another participant had done 19 Lugia raids without a single catch, so I guess I'm lucky. Oh, I hatched two Alola Vulpixes as well. One of them will go to a co-worker.

Went out a wee wander to the Grotto near my house and, after an hour of nothing but regular Plusle and Minun, one Snorunt, one Seedot, one Treecko, one Trapinch, one Alolan Diglett, two Alolan Geodude, and endless regular Rattata, Pidgey, Weedle, Aron, Volbeat and Caches, I was just about to give up a go home when a Shiny Minun popped up! I managed to catch it, but it is probably my weakest Shiny to date haha but I still love him ;) now I NEED to find a Shiny Plusle or itlli drive me insane having only one hahaha

I also, rather foolishly, tried a Lugia raid on my own. Absolutely no chance and I didn't even make a dent in it, but it did count towards my Mew research task of competing in so many raids. Only need to do a few more and I'll be one step closer to everyone's favourite space fetus :)

I have to say I'm bored with the game. I finished the Mew research mission yesterday once I mastered throwing curveballs and finished that task. Now I've caught Mew and my Pokedex's are pretty full:

Kanto: 147/151 (damn Kangaskhan and Mr. Mime being elusive). It'll be 148/151 once I evolve Voltorb. The only legendary I need is Mewtwo.
Johto: 85/100
Hoenn: 89/?

I guess my next mission will be to fill in the Hoenn Pokedex, but most of those Pokemon are super elusive too.

I received a gift from someone and it contained an Alolan egg.

I received about 9 of those gifts that had an egg in the past week alone. On the bright side, one of the gifts I received was from "It's big, It's heavy, It's wood".

Last edited:
Yesterday I went to GO Fest and it was a blast! I was feeling under the weather (still am) but was still able to play the full 8 hours, and walked a total of 17km in the event alone, not including before the event actually started. It was nice to see things spread out compared to what last years event looked like (I didn't go last year). And it overall went very smoothly other than long lines to get food. It was also very hot with around 90% humidity, but the clouds came in and things cooled off for a little bit. It did rain towards the end of the event. The also had contests where you could win a shirt, poster and medal but I couldn't get any of them :(

Anyway, here are all my spoils!
  • 24 Torkoal,
  • 71 Unown (9 B, 16 C, 13 E, 13 I, 11 L, 9 ?)
  • A 100% and 96% Aggron
  • A Wynaut, which I didn't have :D
  • 14 shinies
    • Saturday
      • 2 Plusle
      • 3 Minun
      • Snorunt
    • Sunday
      • 2 Plusle
      • 1 Minun
      • 1 Shuppet
      • 2 Wailmer
      • 1 Pikachu
      • 1 Magikarp
Overall I'd say it was a big success :)

Mostly worked this past weekend so only did 1 Lugia raid. Not very good IV's nor shiny so transferred it. Was able to catch 3 shiny Minun and 2 Plusle. Also got a couple Alohan Geodude but missed out on Diglett. Finally got a 14/15/15 Magmar which mite end up being my future Magmortar.

Last edited:
Hatched 6 10km eggs today;
- 2 Trapinch
- 2 Mareep
- 2 Larvitar (1 shiny!! Was an egg from the Larvitar CD). I got 86 Larvitar candy with these two! YES!
I activated a lucky egg and a star piece before they hatched, so these six fetched me 12.320 XP, 48.000 star dust and lots of candy.

Oh, I did two Regice raids yesterday, caught both of them! It helps since I joined a local Whatsapp group of GO players. This Saturday they've cooked up the plan to visit as many Zapdos raids as possible within the 3 hours window.

Overall I'd say it was a big success :)
That's some spoils you got! I'd love to have Torkoal, you don't see that one around here. Lucky you that Niantic's servers didn't crash like they did on the Safari Zone in Dortmund on the first day. I'm still pissed at that. Bleargh.

Last edited:
Yesterday I came across a random Ralts, definitely glad of the extra candies for catching it but unfortunately still only have 21 Ralts candy, and three female Ralts and one male (which I will keep for Gallade until I get a better male. I also caught my third Snorlax today. I'm hoping next month's research quest reward is a rare Johto monster or one of the Legendary Beasts, but willing to bet it will be Lapras haha XD
I participated in another Regice raid while waiting for my train home. Another two players joined and I jumped right back in as soon as I my first six Pokémon were knocked out, but still only managed to get it down to half health. Maybe next time ;)
On the plus side, I only need to compete in one more raid to complete this stage of the Mew research!!

Did 16 raids today, caught 15 Zapdos, 2 are shiny (really guys, you can tell by the darker beak). Only 1 escaped me. The raids earned me roughly 400.000 XP, some star dust and 67 rare candy. For someone who has previously done little to zero (legendary) raids, that's a big success! The Zapdos I kept from the field researches is still my best one at 97,8% IV, I pumped it up to 2400 something more.

Now to pounder on what to spend that rare candy on. Probably my Zapdos, since among my best Pokémon there isn't an electric-type (also, I don't have Raikou). My best Tyranitars are near their max and getting them further up means lots of candy and star dust with little return value. I have two Tyranitars at low levels (around 1500 CP) and getting them up to par means investing even more candy and star dust. Not a good option either.

Last edited:
I missed out on the Zapdos raids yesterday due to a very sudden death in my family.
On a more positive note, on Friday I came across a Kirlia raid and now have two Kirlia and two Ralts. I also finally completed the special research and caught Mew! I also saw my first Alolan Raichu in a raid but couldn't get to it during work so catching one of them is my next priority in the game :)

Was pouring down rain on Saturday so weather boosted and managed to do 12 Zapdos raids. The third one I did was an 84% shiny. After doing 9 and not seeing one over 2339, my 10th raid produced a 2378 100% which I caught on the first ball. In the last couple days, beat and caught Registeel, Alohan Raichu, and Alohan Marowak with all 3 being in the 82-88% range. Finally traded with someone that went to Florida and added Heracross and Corsola to my dex.

Got lots of gifts to open right now, so I'm trying to free up item space for them. Spent the past week volunteering with the Vacation Bible School at the church next door to where I live, and I've been able to get some distance on eggs and spin that PokeStop that's there. Hatched a Barboach walking over there, and I'm about 0.3km away from hatching another Alolan egg (that hopefully isn't Meowth or Rattata). I've got Clefairy as my buddy right now since I've been focusing on filling out my Kanto dex during the month of July, but I'm most likely going to be switching it out to Quilava once August rolls around so I can focus on my Johto dex in August. Hoping I'll be knock Charizard and Clefable off of my list, and I might just go ahead and knock Arcanine off too since I only need one Growlithe candy to evolve the Growlithe I have into an Arcanine. The more I can knock off my Kanto dex this month, the better. xD

Other than all of that, nothing too notable to say now. Haven't been able to get out too much because 4 year olds are exhausting, and I'm starting a job this week (where there's conveniently a PokeStop right next door) so maybe soon I'll have more exciting news to share.

Back
Top Bottom