• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

GF isn't also looking at the future, since the LGPE mechanics not having Wild Battles might bring in the casuals, but the same casuals are likely gonna leave if Wild Battling is implemented in gen 8, which will mean that the LGPE games are ultimately pointless.

And since it seems the Not Wild Battle mechanic is not well received with the hardcore fanbase, GF has presented themselfs with a problem, since not implementing Wild Battles in the future, might turn off the hardcore fanbase and they will leave.
Either future games will incorporate both styles (by a toggle option or a combination) or Let's Go will be continued as a sub-series. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

How will they leave without even buying LGPE?

The thing i mean is that GF is overestimating the casual fans they want too bring in, since they won't spent around 450 for a console, a game and Pokeball Plus for Mew and it is around 500 if they buy both games. Even if some casuals will buy the games, they might be turned off by the Wild Battle Mechanic in gen 8 or will be turned off because it isn't Kanto.

I beg too differ. Like you already are saying: Casuals. Casuals are not gonna spent 300 for a console, 60 for a game (120 if you want too buy both) and 50 for the Pokeball Plus for only one franchise (Since they are casuals, its unlikey they buy more games/franchises)

Wii was cheaper, yes, but you underestimate the "casual" market.
I find difficult for people who do not own a Switch to spend money on it as well, but I wouldn't rule out "casual" people doing it for playing Pokémon. After all is not like there's only Pokémon in the Switch.

Being a "casual" doesn't make you less interested in other user-friendly games like Mario Kart, for example. I don't think the Switch cost has much to do with that.

$250 in 2007-2008 was roughly the same as $300 today due to inflation. Granted, the Wii came in a bundle, but maybe the Switch will also be bundled with Labo or something.

1. Lapsed players are probably interested in at least one more Nintendo IP.
2. Young kids, who are the target demographic, would probably enjoy Labo if given the chance (some already do). It doesn't make a sense to buy them a Switch for just Labo, but combined with LGPE? A fair amount of parents can probably afford that for the holidays, especially if multiple people in the family can enjoy those things (namely the parents themselves).
3. The initial trailer for LGPE has 13.5 million views. The companies don't have a reason to worry, and they must have done market research around the Switch's release.

nickdt said:
and 50 for the Pokeball Plus
They don't have to buy that.

The thing i mean is that GF is overestimating the casual fans they want too bring in, since they won't spent around 450 for a console, a game and Pokeball Plus for Mew and it is around 500 if they buy both games.

It's true that it might be a roadblock for many, but you have to realize what kind of market "F2P" mobile games are. There are people who will spend $500 on a single mobile game in just one week. If you think I'm joking or exaggerating, I'm not. At all.

Of course, those people aren't the majority, and there is something to be said about the different way companies gouge absurd amounts of money out of people with mobile games, but hey, some people *will* spend the money. Trust me.

For this Let's go, I already know this game will lack post-game content like in Yellow, and it's confirmed that Sevil Island won't make a return. At least let us something other than just go cerulean cave and catch Mewtwo. Im wondering will they have Gym Leader and Elite Four rematches? Since I also seen a Lvl 47 wartortle at the last trailer, will VS. Seeker will return as well?

Im wondering will they have Gym Leader and Elite Four rematches? Since I also seen a Lvl 47 wartortle at the last trailer, will VS. Seeker will return as well?
Elite Four rematches are a staple, but the levels may be kept the same. It would be nice to have a title defense feature for gym leader rematches, and maybe even characters like Prof. Oak and Bill.

That Watortle is either a sign of a massive level jump (since the original trainers around Blaine were low leveled) or the VS Seeker coming back.

Elite Four rematches are a staple, but the levels may be kept the same. It would be nice to have a title defense feature for gym leader rematches, and maybe even characters like Prof. Oak and Bill.

That watortle is either a sign of a massive level jump (since the original trainers around Blaine were low leveled) or the VS Seeker coming back.
since let's go is Gen 7, I hope the title of defense come back, since in gen 1, we didn't have a champion, until blue beat you to it. As for the Vs. Seeker, we didn't have that since Gen 4, it would be nice to grind your pokemon level by rechallenge them, or if the level are balance in the game, from low to high, just like with gym leaders (Koga, Sabrina, Blaine, and Giovanni with Lvl 50 team).

Problem is that a lot of these complaints aren't new, fans have been complaining about the same things for the last 5+ years and they've yet to be addressed. In fact not only are they not, but Game Freak is relatively dismissive of them, waving them away with something like "oh, well we wanted to make the game accessible to kids/casuals/mobile gamers". The problem is that Game Freak is coming off like they aren't listening and don't care about their fans, they've been doing this for quite a while now and it's getting irritating.
You also have to remember that they’re probably looking more at their Japanese fan base than their abroad one. They’re probably thinking of the kids on the train for school, casually playing a mobile game to pass the time. And the fact that they might have club after school or cram school. And of course homework and studying.

Dont pokemon gain exp by catching Pokémon? So the person could have raised wartortle that high literally off of just catching Pokémon.

You also have to remember that they’re probably looking more at their Japanese fan base than their abroad one. They’re probably thinking of the kids on the train for school, casually playing a mobile game to pass the time. And the fact that they might have club after school or cram school. And of course homework and studying.

And yet this audience has no problem playing the likes of Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey. So there's no real need to forcibly keep the games short and simple. Leave that up to the player to play the game the way they want.

How do you know that a lot of Japanese kids are playing those games? It wouldn't surprise me for Mario, but still. As far as I know, their favorite Switch game is Splatoon 2.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom