• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Favorite Non-Pokémon Shippings

Reaction score
LldYKjj.png
Welcome to this humble, yet romantic thread.

As the title says, this thread is dedicated to all non-Pokémon shippings, which could be taken from cartoons, comics, mangas, animes, movies, books or any other media.

As such, what are your favorite non-Pokémon shippings?

Hanmin from Neopets! (Hannah the Usul and Armin the Bori). I prefer those two to Hannah and Kanrik. The reasons are explained in a discussion on the Shipping Wiki.

Oh boy... time for the hopeless romantic (with an emphasis on "hopeless") to start spouting nonsense. Here we go.

Any shipping involving Ryu and Nina from most of the Breath of Fire series (with the first game's Ryu/Nina being largely considered canon, as it resulted in the Wing Clan's powers degenerating). Also Ratchet/Talwyn from Ratchet & Clank (they have much better chemistry than Angela or Sasha, and Talwyn is far more action oriented, so she's less likely to get into trouble). And then there is Van and Fiona from Zoids Chaotic Century (take a hint, Thomas!). Yugi and Tea, Yusei and Akiza, and Yuya and Zuzu from Yu-Gi-Oh, with some Yuma/Anna or Yuma/Cathy peppered in, depending on mood. MegaMan/Roll from Battle Network (which ends up canon), along with Lan/Pride (anime-wise, anyway, as Princess Pride is a hero from the start in that medium compared to the games/manga, where she starts as a villain). And then there's Geo/Sonia from Star Force (take a hike, Luna!!!). For a unique twist, Genki/Pixie from Monster Rancher ('course, who doesn't love Pixies and their various mixed breeds?) And, in the more "naughty" department, I viciously ship Kimihito/Rachnera from Monster Musume (go back to your tribe, Miia, you slithering disaster area!!!), though Kimihito/Lala has gained some wind in its sails after the hospital chapter. And then there's TK/Kari from Digimon, with their respective angel Digimon getting shipped together as well. And thanks to the 3DS remake, Hero/Jessica from Dragon Quest 8 has taken off quite nicely (nothing against Medea, but I'd rather see potential love interests interact throughout the game than just saying "oh, by the way, you have a history with this girl"). And then Inuyasha and Kikyo are just made for each other (Kagome is a HORRIBLE character as a whole, let alone as a love interest, she should just stay in the modern realm instead of nosing around the Feudal Era).

Whew... there is probably more than this, but I can't quite come up with more atm, probably because I haven't slept well lately, so my brain is on low power. Though I think you can get the general gist of what goes on in my strange head. Well... as you can see, I have quite the list. I told you that a hopeless romantic was about to spout nonsense, now didn't I? If I come up with more, you'll hear from me (so pray that I don't). So that's all for now.

I'm going to try not to make this too long.

Roy Mustang and Riza Hawkeye from Fullmetal Alchemist, Brotherhood. Gosh these two are just perfect for each other. As the series grows you see their friendship build more and more, and there has to be something more there. so many people think so. She has this obligation to protect him, and he's always watching her back. The two woerk so well together just throughout the show and it's awesome.

Rin and Shiemi from Blue Exorcist (I haven't seen Season 2 yet no spoilers plz!). These two are just literally perfect for one another. For a long time I was a big Yukio and Shiemi shipper, but I slowly found that I liked Rin and Shiemi a lot too. then I started liking them more. He's the bad boy who has the weight of the world on his shoulders sometimes, and she's the sweet girl who brings him back to earth and keeps him human. I love them together, what can I say.

Mikoto and Reisi from K (K-Project as it is also called). It's been orever since I've seen this show it seems. Anywho, I love these two, especially Mikoto. These great kings were honestly perfect together. Both having different ideals and methods, but both leading their teams level-headed and calm. A great series, truly.

Ymir and Krista from Attack on Titan. Okay, I ship a lot of pairings from this show, and a lot of the characters I ship with multiple people. I think this couple might be the only one where I don't ship one of them with another character. Like seriously I do it way too much. (Example: I like Eren and Mikasa, but I also like Eren and Levi, but what about Levi and Erwin or Levi and Hanji). these two are just two cute together. And even after Season 2 they still seem like they can be so strong together. Truly an adorable shipping.

Yuri and Otabek from Yuri on Ice. No not Yuri as in the main character. I mean the russian blond kid and Otabek. I mean, Yuri (main character), and Viktor are really cute together, but I just ship Yurio and Otabek so much more. They are absolutely adorable, and would make a great power couple. I read fanfiction of them all the time.

Birthday and Ratio from Hamatora. This another one where it's been a long time since I've seen the show, and I honestly wasn't that into it either. But I loved these two characters. Birthday always pulling mischief for money, and Ratio sometimes reluctantly helping him out on his quest. They were great partners and great friends. I love their entire relationship throughout the series.

Hak and Yona from Yona of a Dawn. Probably one of my favorite anime series, and I just love these two together. Yeah, it's like the main ship of the series, but who cares cuz I don't. She's just so innocent around him whenever he tries to do anything remotely like making a move on he, and just so shy about it, but they are just so cute together.

alright... I'm done... I think.

This is going to be a long post. I'm just saying that now.

Inuyasha & Kagome: I loved the development of this relationship. Inuyasha realizing over time that Kagome is her own person, not a Kikyou clone and falling in love with that person. Kagome realizing who Inuyasha is beneath the gruff exterior and coming to terms with her own feelings.

Sakura & Syaoran (CCS): This relationship gives me hope for Pokeshipping, but that aside, once again, it's a relationship where the boy slowly but surely warmed up to the girl and in Syaoran's case, just didn't know what to do once he realized his feelings. I'm really liking the new anime.

Joey & Mai (Yugioh): In the anime, these two had a rough start, but Joey's personality quickly rubbed off on Mai and as the series went on, it was obvious that these two belonged together.

Lance & Ilana (Sym-Bionic-Titan): I don't care what the creator says, I saw a romance developing between these two. I mean, you can't get more classic than the princess and her knight/protector. Speaking of which...

Link & Zelda: Certain games have a more obvious romantic slant with these two than others. Prominent examples being Skyward Sword (where they were made canon IMO and no one can tell me otherwise), Breath of the Wild (also canon) and Spirit Tracks (really cute interactions).

Tai & Sora (Digimon): One of my first ships and one that I am still mad didn't become canon. Similar to Pokeshipping in that the English dub pushed these two more than the original Japanese but I still believe that they belong together.

Edward & Winry (FMA): Childhood friends to lovers where the girl always supported and helped the boy anyway she could despite how he would piss her off and seemed to always leave just as quickly as he came. But eventually, he returned permanently.

Kenshin & Kaoru: The dynamic between these two is adorable and when things got serious, you really saw how much they cared about each other.

Van & Hitomi (Escaflowne): Hitomi can be a bit annoying as a character, but again, I loved watching their development and Hitomi realize who she really loves.

X and Zero (Megaman X): Yes, I believe these two robots are gay for each other. They believe they can accomplish anything together. Zero has sacrificed himself for X more than once and every time, X has always done all he could to bring Zero back to him. I believe they are soulmates and no one can convince me otherwise.

Tommy & Kimberly (MMPR): The first couple I ever supported, before I even knew what shipping was. They are the ultimate Power Rangers couple.

Harry & Hermoine: They fit together far better than Romoine or Hinny and it's clear that they're the closest male/female relationship in the books.

Ichabod & Abbie (Sleepy Hollow): The two Witnesses who grew to love one another through their adventures together. Should've been endgame.

Lucifer & Chloe (Lucifer): Need to catch up on Season 3, but you can tell that these two love each other. The development is wonderful to watch.

Tyson & Hillary (Beyblade): A relationship identical to Ash & Misty so of course I'm going to ship it.

Jenny & Brad (My Life as a Teenage Robot): Obviously the closest non-familial relationship in the show and I think there was great potential for a romance there.

There are many others that I won't list here, but I think you get the basic idea. I am a hopeless romantic and a good romance (or potential romance) will get me hooked.

Last edited:
Victor/Yuuri from Yuri on Ice make my heart sing. They're my ultimate OTP; I've never shipped anything harder. I love them to itty bitty pieces.

I could fill a novel with all my non-Pokemon ships but to keep this post short I'll only list my other absolute favorites: Adrien/Marinette from Miraculous Ladybug, Chrom/Robin from Fire Emblem Awakening (either male or female Robin works, I'm trash for it either way), Hinata/Kageyama from Haikyuu, Kagami/Kuroko from Kuroko no Basuke, Kyo/Tohru from Fruits Basket, Kyoko/Sayaka from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Robin/Starfire from Teen Titans, Ruby/Sapphire from Steven Universe, Shulk/Fiora from Xenoblade Chronicles, Soul/Maka from Soul Eater, Star/Marco from Star vs. The Forces of Evil, and Zero/Yuuki from Vampire Knight.

Like I said...there's loads more. But then this post would turn into a novel and we don't want that. :p

Domon Kasshu and Rain Mikamura from G Gundam. My favorite anime love story.

Matthias and Cornflower from RedWall are another pair I support. Ever since I have seen them together in the animated series, I always felt there was something between them that was deeper than just a friendship.

I have more non-Pokemon ships than I have actual Pokemon ships, but I guess some highlights include:

The earliest ship I got into was WALL-E and EVE. That was super cute, and is a big part of why I love that movie so much, cuz I'm a sucker for good ships like them.

Sharla and Reyn from Xenoblade 1 are super cute as well. I remember watching Chugga play through that and, wow, I really want these two together more than the main couple. I remember my run of the game (which I haven't beaten), I wanted to prioritize getting their social links to max (I forgot the name of the mechanic in this game, it's been longer than I thought since I last played this game).

I recently got into Rulue and Satan/Dark Prince from Puyo Puyo after playing the Tetris crossover. Okay, real talk, this might get ranty. Satan has one of the most attractive members of the cast THROWING HERSELF AT HIM, and he chooses to hit on a younger girl (who's 16 in the Puyo Puyo games but in even earlier games, SIX) who extremely dislikes things like "proper hand sanitization techniques." I'm sorry, but I don't buy that. You could do miles better than that, I don't care about that "whoever has his former pet rabbit-thing is destined to marry him," that's just weird more than anything. Sorry, but... no.

Considering the amount of shows I watch... My list would be too long. But my main OTPs for now (this list changes sometimes lol):

Harry x Hermione (HP)
Steve Rogers x Peggy
Barry Allen x Iris West (The Flash)
Bulma x Vegeta
And Kamala Khan (Ms. Marvel) x Miles Morales (Spiderman) they're cute okay? XD

Dang, I have a ton. I've absorbed a lot of media over the past years. I won't list them all (I couldn't fit them) but I'll list my important ones.

Spock/Kirk from Star Trek: This was probably my first OTP of all time. It may as well be canon with all the supporting evidence from the show itself, books, the movies (god dang the first one was gay as heck), and even from the actors. It's an old ship and people have written whole analyses on why it's canon and whatnot. This is a very important OTP to me; I started shipping it around the time I began breaking out of the homophobic principals taught to me by my hardcore christian family. It formed for me around the time I accepted my identity and began to become accepting of all people.

Chekov/Sulu from Star Trek: A ship that quickly followed on the heels of Spock/Kirk.

The Doctor/Rose from Doctor Who: My first ship technically, though it wasn't that strong of a ship so I don't include it as my first OTP. Still needs a mention though.

Heavy/Medic from Team Fortress 2: Another OTP of mine. It was my first and still is my main ship for TF2.

Engineer/Soldier from Team Fortress 2: The second OTP I have for the game. Not that popular of a ship unfortunately, and I can't draw people for crap.

Wheatley/Chell from Portal: A ship that was cemented for me by a very awesome well written fanfic.

Glass Joe/Von Kaiser from Punch-Out!!: Glass Joe seems like a sweetheart all around and Von Kaiser seems like a hard on the outside but soft on the inside sort of guy, and I'm just a sucker for those kinds of ships. The world will have to pry this OTP out of my cold, dead hands.

There's probably other important ones I have but I can't think them up off the top of my head.

The Doctor/Rose from Doctor Who: My first ship technically, though it wasn't that strong of a ship so I don't include it as my first OTP. Still needs a mention though.
I would prefer to ship myself with David Tennant ;) haha
Harry x Hermione (HP)
I would hate that tbh but it is a strong ship amongst the community. I would prefer Harry and Luna/Cho (even though Luna is with Neville oh well).

Oh, Doctor Who. I used to have many ships from there, such as Nyssa x Tegan, Peri x Mel, Martha x Riley Vashtee, Tommy Connolly x Chloe Webber, Harriet Jones x Margaret Blaine.

And for the Doctors themselves: First Doctor x Ruatha (who I assume to be Susan Foreman's grandmother) and\or Cameca, Second Doctor x Jamie, Third Doctor x Liz and\or Jo and\or Sarah Jane, Fourth Doctor x Romana, Eighth Doctor x Grace and\or Fitz, Ninth Doctor x Jabe, Tenth Doctor x Madame de Pompadour, Eleventh Doctor x Rose Tyler and\or Nasreen Chawdry. Incarnations five to seven are aroace just like me. (Actually I got into Pokémon fandom more because I'm hella queer than because I grew up with it, since I only got into it more than casually, around summer of 2009.)

And the Master x the Rani, I guess. The other set of Susan Foreman's grandparents.

Ian x Barbara and Ben x Polly are also kinda obvious.

-

Moving on to The Sims 3! Yeah, I know. Story progression. It does'nt make really much sense to ship premade sims together. And I don't really do it either, but well, my best friend Ari-chan, OTPs Susan and Boyd Wainwright, so I'm giving it a shout-out. Jade Greenwood x Shark Racket is also kinda cute ship, and so is Jade with Shark's mom\Jade's much-older best friend, Silver. (her "sim mafia" moniker not her actual birth name)

I actually see Jade x Silver as much different than shipping River x Claire, because I don't really see a lesbian couple in River x Claire. I just see a perfectionist, little, foundling girl trying to help an older woman get away from her mean boyfriend, and then to help raise the older woman and the mean boyfriend's daughter. In short, Fiona, Molly, and Claire are the 3 moms to River, Sandi, and the unborn baby Ursine.

With Jade and Silver, I see a rebellious tomboy that wants to get out from her family's environmentally conscious lifestyle, and found that in a middle-aged party girl who was really only in her marriage for the money and wants revenge over it.

Oh, and Sinbad Rotter x Lucy Ferne. You can't leave 'em out when talking Twinbrook ships.

With TS2 premades, I'm not really familiar with them, but I ship Goneril Capp x Alexandra O'Mackey (neé Theaterton), Chester Gieke x Bianca Monty, Beau Broke x Frances Worthington IV, Erin Beaker x Nervous Subject, and Kimberly Cordial x Isobel Baldwin (neé Contender).

Gon\Alex, Beau\Frances, and Erin\Nervous were influenced by stuff I saw around. Chester and Bianca just have really good in-game chemistry, and Kimberly\Isobel were from one time where I tried to play the Cordials a bit randomly to see if the game actually would work.

-

And ToraDora. I ended up shipping not only Ryuuji x Taiga but also Yusaku Kitamura x Ami Kawashima. Minori is clearly asexual and probs aromantic so I don't really wanna ship her with anyone. But I would crossover-ship\brotp Ryuuji's mom with Lorelai Gillmore which to me would mean Rory Gillmore would date Minori Kushieda in a pair-the-spares opposites-actract kinda way. Guess you do indeed get with someone who is like your parents.

-

And if my OCs count, then Dovanice x Pomodà, Zukcoh x Ferdeor, Slubrug x Juvoo.

-

And for the whole Boyd x Susan thing, my best friend does'nt actually play TS3 PC (she only played the playstation version) but she got hired by my parents so she could help me from getting "taken" with susan wainwright, and thus she met boyd and susan this way.

I ship both Harry/Hermione and Ron/Hermione in Harry Potter. And sometimes I ship Harry with Luna, Parvati or Cho. I also love drarry, dramione and tomarry. (please don't hate me for those three). And my latest favorites are Luna/Ginny, wolfstar and Jily.

In Percy Jackson fandom my main pairing is Percabeth (Percy/Annabeth). I also ship Solangelo and Pipeyna.

From Divergent series I like Four/Tris and Uriah/Marlene.

From Hunger Games I ship Katniss/Peeta and Finnick/Annie. I also like Katniss/Gale.

Malec and Clizzy from Shadowhunters are huge OTPs of mine.

Then from Digimon I love both Sorato and Taito. Also Takari and Daiken.

And from Beyblade I like Tyson/Hillary and Tyson/Kai.

And from Cardcaptors I love Sakura/Syaoran.

I also love NaLu from Fairy Tail and Eren/Mikasa from Attack on Titan.

And I ship Artemis/Holly from the Artemis Fowl series

Oh, and I LOVE Amian from The 39 Clues series. It's my favorite pairing and I was really sad when it didn't became canon.

That's all I remember for now! :)

Back
Top Bottom