• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure how true some of these are but some of them I know are true.
some of them I know are true.
some of them

You do all realize that leaks don’t have to include 100% accurate information right? The original Chinese leak said that Z-Crystals would cause Ash Greninja to change form but we know that isn’t true, but that doesn’t discredit the whole leak as fake.

Also just because something is “out there”, doesn’t make it fake. If I told you back in Gen 5, we would be getting a new type called Fairy which would be super effective against Dragons, Pokemon would get a 4th Evolution in battle, there would be special “Super Moves”, we would get a bunch of “alien Pokémon”, and new Pokémon introduced in the middle of a Generation... You’d think I’m crazy.

1- Do we even know about Pokémon project names aside from Rainbow for Gen VII?
Yes, I believe a lost came out a while ago. Black 2 and White 2’s code name was something along the lines of “Swan Song”. And US/UM was “Autumn Leaves” I believe.

3- Are light green and light purple opposites?
Yes they are. It does seem a little odd/out there, but if you look up “Color Wheel”, they actually are opposites.

You do all realize that leaks don’t have to include 100% accurate information right? The original Chinese leak said that Z-Crystals would cause Ash Greninja to change form but we know that isn’t true, but that doesn’t discredit the whole leak as fake.
That's not the point. The point is almost none of this makes any sense. Why would a pokemon game be based around romance. Sure, we got little snippets of romance here and there such as Professor Kukui and his wife, and Brock hitting on girls...But that's pretty much it. Because that's not what Pokemon is. Pokemon is adventure. Basing an entire story around romance and emotion wouldn't even feel in the same ballpark as what pokemon has been this whole time.

Why would all three starters be fairy type? None of the starters of any region all had the same secondary typing.

I think you're reasoning and the leaker's reasoning is just because pokemon has come up with stuff out of left field, that means they can come up with stuff WAY out there.

Why would they randomly introduce mega evolutions for 2nd Gen, 5th Gen, or even 6th Gen pokemon? Not only hasn't it not even been hinted at by Game Freak, but not even other fake leakers hinted at it. This guy/girl is just pulling stuff out of his butt, and nothing lines up with what pokemon has been doing all of these years.

Honestly, I don't know why you're defending this person.

Because that's not what Pokemon is. Pokemon is adventure. Basing an entire story around romance and emotion wouldn't even feel in the same ballpark as what pokemon has been this whole time.
The leak said they didn’t know to what extent, romance will be involved in the story. The leak also said a big part of it will be based on emotions, for all we know, this could be tied to the legendary Pokémon, rather than the NPCs. Also there have been a number of accurate leaks out there that feature fake information, just because a few things are incorrect, doesn’t discredit the whole thing.

Why would all three starters be fairy type? None of the starters of any region all had the same secondary typing.
None of the starters of any region all had the same secondary typing, before. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen but like I said above, one piece of false info doesn’t discredit the whole leak. Remember when the Chinese riddle reposted a leak and said “some” of these things are real.

Why would they randomly introduce mega evolutions for 2nd Gen, 5th Gen, or even 6th Gen pokemon? Not only hasn't it not even been hinted at by Game Freak, but not even other fake leakers hinted at it.
Gamefreak has acknowledged their existence. The latest trailer for LGP/LGE just showcased them, so even though there hasn’t been any new ones in a while, they are not forgotten. This doesn’t mean they can’t add any new ones in future games.

Honestly, I don't know why you're defending this person.
Not the person, leaks in general. Everyone seems to be jumping on the fake train instead of being open minded on the matter.

You do all realize that leaks don’t have to include 100% accurate information right?
When someone has a bunch of purely text-based information, says they have no way to verify it, can't guess which is real and which isn't, and says they come from a multitude of sources...why believe them? Anyone could contact them with whatever information they'd like to make up.
Yes they are. It does seem a little odd/out there, but if you look up “Color Wheel”, they actually are opposites.
No, yellow and purple are opposites on the color wheel. Green and purple are used in color schemes sometimes (especially so with Splatoon), and Pokemon games don't use colors opposite each other on the color wheel all the time (they most often use a variation of red and blue, which also aren't opposites), but green and purple are definitely not opposites.
None of the starters of any region all had the same secondary typing, before. Doesn’t mean it won’t happen
"Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't" is not the best philosophy. While it's true patterns aren't a great basis for disproving leaks, saying that anything is possible because Game Freak breaks patterns isn't logical, either. Making starters all end up with the same type doesn't make sense because it leaves them all resistant to each other (and makes the Fire starter doubly resistant to the other two), making any new Fairy-type moves accompanying them less effective in battles. Even though secondary types haven't had a type triangle like the primary types, they always allow people to use their secondary type effectively with at least one other starter.
Not the person, leaks in general. Everyone seems to be jumping on the fake train instead of being open minded on the matter.
Take a look at the first post in this thread and see how many leaks were confirmed fake. Of course we're going to jump on the fake train when so many have already turned out to be fake. Why give 4Chan users more time and attention for poorly thought-out fakes?

Last edited:
The leak also said a big part of it will be based on emotions, for all we know, this could be tied to the legendary Pokémon, rather than the NPCs.
Maybe so. But we already have marshadow who personifies self-doubt. Self-doubt is an emotion can be linked to depression. Depression is also an emotion. Why would pokemon touch on something they already touched on? It would be back to back if this part of the rumor is indeed true. Pretty redundant if you ask me.

Gamefreak has acknowledged their existence. The latest trailer for LGP/LGE just showcased them, so even though there hasn’t been any new ones in a while, they are not forgotten. This doesn’t mean they can’t add any new ones in future games.
They acknowledged Kanto mega pokemon, as these games are kanto only. That doesn't mean all the megas will be a thing in Gen 8. Let's not go into this most recent rumor from the chinese riddler about new megas coming as those haven't been confirmed.
Doesn’t mean it won’t happen but like I said above, one piece of false info doesn’t discredit the whole leak.
Again, just because pokemon has done something out of the norm before, doesn't mean they'll keep doing it. There is a reason why the starters in any region don't all have the same typing...Because it's unnecessary.

"Just because it hasn't happened doesn't mean it won't" is not the best philosophy. While it's true patterns aren't a great basis for disproving leaks, saying that anything is possible because Game Freak breaks patterns isn't logical, either. Making starters all end up with the same type doesn't make sense because it leaves them all resistant to each other (and makes the Fire starter doubly resistant to the other two), making any new Fairy-type moves accompanying them less effective in battles. Even though secondary types haven't had a type triangle like the primary types, they always allow people to use their secondary type effectively with at least one other starter.
You're doing a better job talking about why this leak is nonsense better than me. You want to take over this discussion?Haha.

That's not the point. The point is almost none of this makes any sense. Why would a pokemon game be based around romance. Sure, we got little snippets of romance here and there such as Professor Kukui and his wife, and Brock hitting on girls...But that's pretty much it. Because that's not what Pokemon is. Pokemon is adventure. Basing an entire story around romance and emotion wouldn't even feel in the same ballpark as what pokemon has been this whole time.

Love is an adventure.

Also just because something is “out there”, doesn’t make it fake. If I told you back in Gen 5, we would be getting a new type called Fairy which would be super effective against Dragons, Pokemon would get a 4th Evolution in battle, there would be special “Super Moves”, we would get a bunch of “alien Pokémon”, and new Pokémon introduced in the middle of a Generation... You’d think I’m crazy.

Yes, I believe a lost came out a while ago. Black 2 and White 2’s code name was something along the lines of “Swan Song”. And US/UM was “Autumn Leaves” I believe.

Sure I realize that leaks don't have to include 100% accurate information, but when most of the information provided sounds stupid- not crazy different, just stupid- then I think it's fair to toss the whole thing out the window. Otherwise we're all going to have to be trying extra hard to take every stupid leak seriously.

And I'm pretty sure the "some of them are true" is just a safety net so when some of their list gets marked off as fake, they have a weak excuse for people to not dismiss it entirely. If they are so sure that some are true, why not state which ones are true?

I would prefer if romance was left out of Pokémon. Specially since it's one of the most common causes of lower quality in some popular series.
I really don't think romance has any place in a pokemon game. Sure, couples exist in the franchise, but as a major enough plot element to say that it will be a big part of the story? No. The games are about kids on a journey- even if the 2019 games are geared more towards veteran players, it's still probably going to leave out the smooching.

Sure I realize that leaks don't have to include 100% accurate information, but when most of the information provided sounds stupid- not crazy different, just stupid- then I think it's fair to toss the whole thing out the window. Otherwise we're all going to have to be trying extra hard to take every stupid leak seriously.

And I'm pretty sure the "some of them are true" is just a safety net so when some of their list gets marked off as fake, they have a weak excuse for people to not dismiss it entirely. If they are so sure that some are true, why not state which ones are true?
Exactly. Couldn't have said it better myself. Also, as a side note, you're really good at writing! I don't see a single mistake. Are you an english major or something? Sorry if this is random.

I feel like romance could have potential to be done well in Pokemon, but I don't expect it to. Most of the time, romance typically ends up being the main focus in a series it introduces, and that's already frustrating, but it'd be especially so for Pokemon, which features such a great variety of family/friend relationships. I mean, I can see all sorts of potential for it, and I'd be thrilled to see gay relationships in the series, but none of that requires romance be a key feature (gay representation could come through established relationship like we have with straight couples), so I don't mind its absence.

I'd be thrilled to see gay relationships in the series,

I think if relationships become a focus of the series they’re probably going to be limited to straight ones.

The most fake sounding parts of this leak are romance focus and fairy starters.
The starters in their base stages are meant to teach the type chart and are usually as diverse as possible design and type wise. Adding a fairy type to all of them is going to take away thematic freedom and the uniqueness of each starter in its trio. For instance, the Alola trio are as different to each other as possible, but they’d not be that unique if you... slapped fighting type for instance on all of them.

I feel that romance, of ever included, will not get more than a few references, since Pokemon is meant to be a children's game. They like to have as broad of an audience for their games as possible (LGPE are an explicit confirmation of this philosophy) and they’d probably like to avoid any controversies extensive romance focus would cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom