• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's Daimane.
Ah, that would explain it!

Pretty clearly a fake-in addition to the "one game exclusive" point others have mentioned, there's also the fact that this user claims that the Pokemon's traits "let them presume" that the Pokemon was a Mythical. But there's no trait that would make a Mythical instantly recognizable-the only thing they have unique to them is only being released through MG. While it's true they typically have stat totals of 600, this isn't unique to Mythicals-Legendary Pokemon like Heatran and Cresselia have this, too.

There's also that "I don't need you to believe me, I'm just saying what I know" line. If somebody really doesn't worry that much about the opinions of others, why are they sharing unreleased info in the first place?

(Also, "reavelead" instead of "revealed"?)

Ah, that would explain it!

Pretty clearly a fake-in addition to the "one game exclusive" point others have mentioned, there's also the fact that this user claims that the Pokemon's traits "let them presume" that the Pokemon was a Mythical. But there's no trait that would make a Mythical instantly recognizable-the only thing they have unique to them is only being released through MG. While it's true they typically have stat totals of 600, this isn't unique to Mythicals-Legendary Pokemon like Heatran and Cresselia have this, too.

There's also that "I don't need you to believe me, I'm just saying what I know" line. If somebody really doesn't worry that much about the opinions of others, why are they sharing unreleased info in the first place?

(Also, "reavelead" instead of "revealed"?)
You're talking about the cute Mythicals like Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi, who usually have 100 in any base stat.

I think that it is fake. It's ridiculous to think that an LGPE-exclusive Pokemon connected to Mewtwo unlocks the next game's gimmick. In fact, I don't think that they will force people to buy LGPE just to use Gen 8's new gimmick.
I agree with you here. It sounds completely fake. Also, I think the 808 number will be just a placeholder til we get more info on Gen VIII. After all, Togepi was not 152, Kecleon wasn't 252, Zoroark wasn't 492, etc.

I agree with you here. It sounds completely fake. Also, I think the 808 number will be just a placeholder til we get more info on Gen VIII. After all, Togepi was not 152, Kecleon wasn't 252, Zoroark wasn't 492, etc.
We don't know if this will even be a Gen 8 Pokemon yet.

No one cares if it’s a gen 8, gen 7 or alternate universe gen Pokemon.

It’s all semantics at the end of the day.
I mean, obviously people do care or it wouldn't be a debate. XD But true, it is semantics.

Personally, I think it's gen 8 because it's not available in a main series gen 7 game- LGPE is more of a side series, so while it may be considered gen 7, it's more like the spin offs that introduced next gen pokemon early.

Yeah no, I will never believe anything that comes out of 4chan until I can see proof of it being real.

You're talking about the cute Mythicals like Mew, Celebi, and Jirachi, who usually have 100 in any base stat.
But that trend's gone out the window with recent Mythicals. Gen 6's Mythicals with totals of 600 all have varied stats, as do Gen 7.

EDIT: Oh, wait, do you mean that the anon was implying that Diamane had stats of 100 across the board? That would make more sense to see as a Mythical, but if it was just the stats, it seems odd that they would be so vague as to say "all its characteristics" rather than just the stats.

Last edited:
Where are you getting these rumors? I searched for Diamane and couldn't find any pages talking about a Pokemon like that. (Diamane is just the French word for diamond, too-it's a little uncreative as a name choice)

It's "Diamand" in Kalosian.

Also, being LGPE-only while being a key to the next evolution gimmick sounds fake to me.

I thought the idea was that it would be unlocked in Go, not LGPE.

I thought the idea was that it would be unlocked in Go, not LGPE.
First in LGPE and then Go, for those that want it.

At the end of the video introducing Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!, there was some text that says you'll meet a special Pokémon, and I'm just wondering if that means something different than the Alolan Exeggutor you just talked about?

Mr. Ishihara: You were really paying attention to the details! I can say that the video is referring to an all-new Pokémon that will be appearing in Pokémon: Let's Go, Pikachu! and Pokémon: Let's Go, Eevee!

So what are the odds of Amiibo support? I'd love to be able to scan in a Champion's Tunic for the characters to wear.
Oh man, that would be awesome. Different outfits for each amiibo. They should definitely do that in gen 8 (if they do it I refuse to let it be a LGPE exclusive thing). But only outfits. I hate it when Nintendo locks content behind amiibo.

Part of me wants amiibo support since it would be cool, but on the other hand I remember how expensive they are where I live, how the mailing system in my country sucks, and how they sometimes lock things behind amiibo. My solution would be to make the costumes (to put an example of something you could get via amiibo) unlockable through normal means (like DLC or a specific task), but if you have an amiibo you can scan it to have the content immediately.

Part of me wants amiibo support since it would be cool, but on the other hand I remember how expensive they are where I live, how the mailing system in my country sucks, and how they sometimes lock things behind amiibo. My solution would be to make the costumes (to put an example of something you could get via amiibo) unlockable through normal means (like DLC or a specific task), but if you have an amiibo you can scan it to have the content immediately.
Costumes locked behind amiibo is better than locking non-aesthetic stuff behind amiibo. Still pissed they locked UFO Kirby behind Amiibo so you have to get 100% completion to get it without amiibo but by then it's useless because you got 100% already.

I heard that the Pokemon Company isn't too fond of Amiibo.
It seems to me they aren't too fond of cross-contaminating their series with others in any regard.

Like on the 3DS, there were a bunch of ni twndo hats you could have your Mii wear for streetpass. No Pokemon.

In Animal Crossing New Leaf, there is a whole line of Nintendo-themed presents you can get from fortune cookies. No Pokemon.

To be honest it surprised me that they even allow presence in Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom