• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM088: Lunala VS UB:BLACK! A Full Moon Battle!!

What an intense episode. Especially the beginning, that Necrozma battle theme. It just spectacular. Wish the next episode, 100% guarantee Lunala will ride Ash and the others to the Wormhole to Ultra Megalopolis (Poipole World) to rescue Nebby-Solgaleo.

wow, this episode was such an amazing, because Nebby wanted to rescue Lunala from UB:BLACK dawn wings. And it used Palkia cry sound.
After that, Nebby-Solgaleo defeated UB black and Lunala was down taking to center when Lunala expected to recover the damage.

A very interesting episode! I liked it. Sadly DWN wasnt showed that long.
EDIT: is it me or is Gladion nicer?

Last edited:
So, did Matori found her own sub-organization?
That TR Grunt who look like Kojiro is a female!
If only Ultra Guardians were more proactive to help Lunala, they would beat Necrozma and TR.
Lilie's bonding with Lunala is a nice detail, as it tied her to the Moon, while Satoshi is the Sun.

So, did Matori found her own sub-organization?
That TR Grunt who look like Kojiro is a female!
If only Ultra Guardians were more proactive to help Lunala, they would beat Necrozma and TR.
Lilie's bonding with Lunala is a nice detail, as it tied her to the Moon, while Satoshi is the Sun.
Lillies bond with Lunala was kinda random tbh

Oh yeah, not only the Necrozma Battle theme as well as the Solgaleo and Lunala theme also. Those music. It just awesome.

i liked the episode the fight was good and the comedy didnt feel bad due they were affected by necrozma so even angry jessie couldnt have energy to keep the anger but the most important things was kukui got shirtless after the fight we got kukui back (oh and giving the ultra aura for 4 z-rings could be the ammount necrozma stole for lunala)

For the record Lunala very clealy used Moonblast and Air Slash as well as Moongiest Beam and Phantom Force.

I’d like to see someone argue that Necrozma isn’t using Pismatic Lazer and Psycho Cut- there is one move that isn’t obvious but I think it may be Metal Claw.

wow, this episode was such an amazing, because Nebby wanted to rescue Lunala from UB:BLACK dawn wings. And it used Palkia cry sound.
After that, Nebby-Solgaleo defeated UB black and Lunala was down taking to center when Lunala expected to recover the damage.
And here I was thinking that the English dub was lazy from time to time. Are those Japanese too lazy to create some more unique cries for the legendary Pokemon or what?

I'm guessing Giovanni put Matori in charge of her own unit of Team Rocket, shows how much trust he has in her as it gives her a prominent roll, just a shame it wasn't Cassidy and Buffy

Gotta say, the air combat was cool and I was happy to see them use their ride pokemon. I really starting to wish that Ash's Gible from back in DP was fully evolved. I'm kinda interested to see what they'll do with Matori's Team Rocket unit. Yeah, I liked this episode, not bad.

I enjoyed this episode. It was nice seeing Lunala beating Necrozma up before getting captured and turned into Dawn Wings Necrozma. Also, I have to say that I find it funny that the drained TR unit was able to capture Lunala and Nebby, but the Trio can't even catch Pikachu normally.

The only thing I disliked was Nebby showing up here. I was under the impression that this arc would be solely on Lunala and Necrozma. Solgaleo already had his time, imo this arc should be dedicated to Lunala and Necrozma only. But oh well, we'll see what happens next. Hopefully Lunala will still be the one saving everyone from Dusk Mane Necrozma later on.

7.5/10. I'm hoping Lunala gets the focus she deserves in the next episode.

I know this episode isnt perfect. Lunala didnt battle that much. I find it sad that Solgaleo got again all the focus. Dont get me wrong. I found it also stupid that Team Rocket tried to catch Legendary Pokémon with an electric net. And the adults get their energy back after Necrozma left, but before it appeared in Alola the adults were already feeling down. I dont get it. I didnt felt the hype tbh. 6/10

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom