• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM089: The Prism of Light and Darkness - Its Name is Necrozma!!

What an intense episode. So freaking shock that Naganadel actually spoke in telepathy! I wondering if Necrozma also can spoke as well after it assume it original (true) form.

I don't think I have watched this episode, because no livestream. Maybe I watch this episode later on.

Now that's more like it. This episode was intense. But I didn't know Naganadel could talk.

Now that's more like it. This episode was intense. But I didn't know Naganadel could talk.
@BraixenFennekin
Well, it is the strongest Ultra Beast and might could possibly contact with human, before the world shroud in darkness.

Actually, if you listen carefully with Ash's Poipole. Starting from episode 85 and previous two episode. You can heard it also spoke in human speech as well even though is not very clearly.

This episode is less intense than I expected.
Neither Bebenomu nor its family and parent seems interested in seeing each other.
Gladio wants to kill it, others wants to share their energy with it so they can heal it?
Ultra Guardians using four elements (Fire, Water, Earth, Air-Electric) to heal it.
I would complain about only males are fighting with TR/MM, but there is no fight at all, just Gozu kicking their butts. Will Kukui has to reveal his secret identity to defeat them?

Last edited:
I was really surprised to see Naganadel using telepathy as well, but I gotta say, the old female voice suits it. It is the queen of the hive in a way, after all.

Gotta see what tricks Kukui and Faba pull out their sleeves to defeat Mega Aggron...

Ah, so Gladion has a Normalium Z now too, huh?

I was really surprised to see Naganadel using telepathy as well, but I gotta say, the old female voice suits it. It is the queen of the hive in a way, after all.

Gotta see what tricks Kukui and Faba pull out their sleeves to defeat Mega Aggron...

Ah, so Gladion has a Normalium Z now too, huh?
I think Gladion got a Normalium Z from a Totem Gumshoos.

James becoming a Super Saiyan was a good reference to the Dragon Ball Series, plus Jessie with the Yu-Gi-Oh one.

This episode could've been a lot better if everyone who followed Lunala had their own Z-Ring and Z-Crystal to use against Necrozma. But of course that would require the writers to actually be able to balance the whole group and as we've all seen by now they're clearly incapable of doing that. Also why the hell did they decide to give Dusk Mane Necrozma that same Palkia voice that they also gave to Dawn Wings Necrozma? And here I was thinking that the English dub was being lazy when it comes to copy pasting stuff. Seems like the Japanese ain't much better in that regard. He had a perfectly fine voice in the last episode so what ever happened to that?

Wanna bet Kukui is so dedicated to keeping his Royal Mask identity secret he doesn't send Gaogaen to battle it despite the massive advantage it would have?
Not overly massive, but yeah, I agree. Maybe he'll use some other member(s) of his team that we haven't seen yet? Or maybe his Braviary knows Superpower?

Or anywhere really: could have easily just kicked some gravel and found it.
He seemed pretty serious about wanting to do the island challenge after seeing 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, so I'd think Gladion actually did beat the Gumshoos. It would make sense.

Not overly massive, but yeah, I agree. Maybe he'll use some other member(s) of his team that we haven't seen yet? Or maybe his Braviary knows Superpower?
Or Faba saves Kukui's rear? His Hypno does know Reflect and there's every chance that it could reveal Focus Blast in the next episode. I'm not 100% convinced that Braviary alone could clutch this.

You know, I’m not entirely sure about how a Team Rocket member could use mega evolution. I mean wasn’t it already established that for mega evolution to work both the trainer and the Pokémon have to have a strong bond with each other or something along those lines? So, uh, how, exactly, does that work for a member of Team Rocket, seeing as the more serious members of the organization really do live by the group’s initial creed that “all Pokémon exist solely for the glory of Team Rocket”?

You know, I’m not entirely sure about how a Team Rocket member could use mega evolution. I mean wasn’t it already established that for mega evolution to work both the trainer and the Pokémon have to have a strong bond with each other or something along those lines? So, uh, how, exactly, does that work for a member of Team Rocket, seeing as the more serious members of the organization really do live by the group’s initial creed that “all Pokémon exist solely for the glory of Team Rocket”?
It doesn't prevent a connection between a Trainer and his Pokémon from existing. Recall that this isn't the first time we've seen an evil team member using Mega Evolution.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom