• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

I'm alright with the partner move names. I think this is just the translation team's way of adding some flair to them instead of making them generic or whatnot.
I wouldn't exactly call it flair. I still call it cutesy. I'd rather they'd name it after the japanese version of the names.

I'm alright with the partner move names. I think this is just the translation team's way of adding some flair to them instead of making them generic or whatnot.

I wouldn't exactly call it flair. I still call it cutesy. I'd rather they'd name it after the japanese version of the names.

It's been pointed out elsewhere that even in Japanese, the names are still kiddy/cutesy, so it's not the translators' fault.

It's been pointed out elsewhere that even in Japanese, the names are still kiddy/cutesy, so it's not the translators' fault.

Splishy Splash - Splash Surf in Japanese.
Sizzly Slide - Flare Burn in Japanese

Buzzy Buzz - Shocking Electricity
Bouncy Bubble- Vivid Bubble

The Japanese names sound like the typical move names whereas the English localisations are in Toddler-speak.

The partner powers also carry the Pika- and Vui- prefixes but are a bit less babyish (Pikapika Thunder and Vuivui break).

Last edited:

The Japanese names sound like the typical move names whereas the English localisations are in Toddler-speak.

The partner powers also carry the Pika- and Vui- prefixes but are a bit less babyish (Pikapika Thunder and Vuivui break).

Those would be literal translations, though, so they wouldn't really count. The first two in Japanese are Zabuzabu Surf and Meramera Burn.

In that case, it's not even the translators' fault.

I still would've given much better names. Like Bubble Bound, or Buzz Spark, or even Hot Rush. Even better, name them after Eevee evolutions. Like Sizzle Flare, Vapor Bubble, and Jolt Shock

All I will say is that I really hope this bombs so GameFreak realises that the majority of fans isn't waiting for these kind of games and that they should stick to the formula of success.

Only way these games can be salvaged to me is if they introduce New Megas.

All I will say is that I really hope this bombs so GameFreak realises that the majority of fans isn't waiting for these kind of games and that they should stick to the formula of success.

Only way these games can be salvaged to me is if they introduce New Megas.
I think it's bad when you want someone you support to fail. Just because they made something you don't like.

I think it's bad when you want someone you support to fail. Just because they made something you don't like.

I see where you coming from, but in a world where sales make or break a game and/or a possible sequel, you kind of have to.

Besides that, I'm not wanting it to fail because I don't like it. I want it to fail so they can improve. Like, the way the games are looking at the moment it's all just really easy. Easy Mega Evolutions, easier battles, mons with evolutions gained in Gen II or higher get the finger and in terms of an actual game, it just seems to be a reskinned yellow without any additional content.

The game could have been bareable if they at least gave added content to compensate for the easier battles and such. Now it's just... cutting so much that you start wondering if buying the game is even worth it.

I see where you coming from, but in a world where sales make or break a game and/or a possible sequel, you kind of have to.

Besides that, I'm not wanting it to fail because I don't like it. I want it to fail so they can improve. Like, the way the games are looking at the moment it's all just really easy. Easy Mega Evolutions, easier battles, mons with evolutions gained in Gen II or higher get the finger and in terms of an actual game, it just seems to be a reskinned yellow without any additional content.

The game could have been bareable if they at least gave added content to compensate for the easier battles and such. Now it's just... cutting so much that you start wondering if buying the game is even worth it.
I mean, it is a remake afterall. Also it's not like pokemon was ever hard. I hear that complaint everywhere, and it's hard to buy that when people who've played the game for years would know what they're doing anyway. Even hard mode in Black and white wasn't even that hard. Also we barely know wnough about to call it easy, especially with the evident level scaling which seems to have changed.

I'm right there with you, and I don't feel bad hoping that these games don't sell well. Nintendo is a big company that has had a lot of recent success with the Switch. They can afford to take a hit from a single game underperforming. Besides, when it comes down to it, I am a customer, not an investor (or whatever). I care about quality products, and if this game succeeds, it will lead to it becoming a series, which means more low quality products. So I really hope it doesn't do too well, and I don't feel bad.

I'm right there with you, and I don't feel bad hoping that these games don't sell well. Nintendo is a big company that has had a lot of recent success with the Switch. They can afford to take a hit from a single game underperforming. Besides, when it comes down to it, I am a customer, not an investor (or whatever). I care about quality products, and if this game succeeds, it will lead to it becoming a series, which means more low quality products. So I really hope it doesn't do too well, and I don't feel bad.
Well have you ever thought what'll happen if generation 8 wasn't as good as people think it'll be? It's one thing if one game under performs, but two in a row?

Wow....that's just sad the Japanese names are vastly superior...Other than that glad I always stuck with Eevee they got the best stuff. Pikachu is still ok though since they now got ground, fire, rock coverage.

I honestly don't care about the names.

What I do care about is whether Eevee will get more special attacks. Now, I can see it only getting what's been shown, as too many would be unfair to Pikachu. However, it makes sense in my mind to give it one for each of its other evolutions, too. Although, given that this game is ignoring anything past the precious 151, I doubt it'll happen.

I honestly don't care about the names.

What I do care about is whether Eevee will get more special attacks. Now, I can see it only getting what's been shown, as too many would be unfair to Pikachu. However, it makes sense in my mind to give it one for each of its other evolutions, too. Although, given that this game is ignoring anything past the precious 151, I doubt it'll happen.
Honestly I don't think it needs much more. These are some of the best move I've ever seen an Eevee have. It not only has coverage, but a move that regains health, one the paralyzes to slow opponents, and one that burns to halve damage. So far Eevee's got quite the arsenal. I guess to keep up with Pikachu. I hope they keep these moves onward/

Honestly I don't think it needs much more. These are some of the best move I've ever seen an Eevee have. It not only has coverage, but a move that regains health, one the paralyzes to slow opponents, and one that burns to halve damage. So far Eevee's got quite the arsenal. I guess to keep up with Pikachu. I hope they keep these moves onward/
Another thing I wonder is how these moves will be taught. Level up? A special tutor? And if it's exclusive for these starter Pokemon only, then that rules out other Eevee/Pikachu being able to learn it, right? Maybe for the future, but for now... Eh. Also, can you have more than one? Because Eevee with the four moves they've shown would be quite a powerful little 'mon.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom