• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spoilers Official Let's Go Pikachu/Let's Go Eevee Discussion Thread

These moves are good, yes, but Eevee itself doesn't exactly have the stats to back them up. It's like giving Hyper Beam and the three starter elemental variants to a Smeargle; good coverage but I highly doubt they'll do more than tickle most things.

Sorry to be a right party pooper but I'm not convinced that they're worth being unable to evolve your Eevee; the opportunity cost just seems too large without an exclusive trick like Extreme Evoboost on your side.

All I will say is that I really hope this bombs so GameFreak realises that the majority of fans isn't waiting for these kind of games and that they should stick to the formula of success.

Only way these games can be salvaged to me is if they introduce New Megas.

Because God forbid they create a new Pokémon game to bring in new fans between games intended for current fans. Why would they only focus on "the fans" when they can release games for said fans, AND make new kinds of games to bring in new fans?

I'm right there with you, and I don't feel bad hoping that these games don't sell well. Nintendo is a big company that has had a lot of recent success with the Switch. They can afford to take a hit from a single game underperforming. Besides, when it comes down to it, I am a customer, not an investor (or whatever). I care about quality products, and if this game succeeds, it will lead to it becoming a series, which means more low quality products. So I really hope it doesn't do too well, and I don't feel bad.

You're complaining about the lack of quality to this game, but the most likely case is that they worked just as hard on this as they do any other game. Just because you dislike the game, doesn't mean it is low quality. I suggest you remember that for any future argument you make.

Last edited:
Looks like Ash is finally getting his own Eevee.
There's no guarantee that Ash is getting Eevee, as I said earlier, as it can just as easily end up with someone else. This is a good opportunity for Kiawe to catch a third Pokemon so that he can compete in the League's 3v3 rounds.

I mean, I suppose there is still a chance at some sort of reveal. The leak did say that the direct would be on the 6th, and got the part right about the Special Partner Powers that require the use of the JoyCons.

They also got the part about transferring the whale from Go to LGPE wrong, and we have that from the initial trailer. I think it's mostly likely that they somehow got word of the trailer and made a leak including that and some easily-guessed info to make the pink whale claim seem credible. (I know that sounds like cherrypicking, but seeing as it already has part of the pink whale claim confirmed false, i don't think it's that much of a stretch)

No. But I also am one of those people that wants to know every single Gen VIII Pokemon like, RIGHT NOW.
Fair enough. Sorry if I came off as rude before. I wasn't like, attacking you or anyone that wants to know. I just personally think this new Pokemon being a surprise would be like a good selling point for the games.

Personally, I'm of the opposite opinion. Finding out the new Pokemon before it's posted online isn't really something worth buying the game for, but the Pokemon itself could very well be.

Paul Ryan indicated that the first merchandise related to the new Pokemon is going to be revealed soon. By the 25th, I believe.

I'm in favor of getting it over with this month (hopefully today) so that they can up their ante in October and November.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom