• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You require Go to even obtain Nutty?
Well the first trailer for LGPE shows a present with a special Pokemon in Go.
7C27AF37-C62F-4078-BFDE-E74031E1F819.jpeg
Don’t think they would have shown this if you didn’t need Go to obtain Nutty.

Last edited:
Well the first trailer for LGPE shows a present with a special Pokemon in Go. Don’t think they would have shown this if you didn’t need Go to obtain Nutty.

It was to show that you can transfer the special Pokémon from LGPE to Go. They mention nothing about how we obtain it in LGPE in the first place,

If it’s supposed to show the transfer, that’s a pretty shoddy way of showing it then.

Why not show the gift in LGPE first and then sending it to GO?

It can become a number of Pokemon, and was a part of Community Day over in the East, so I wonder if the same will happen in the West... tomorrow sure will be an interesting day...

Because it also became Kecleon, this means that Kecleon will be going live as well. I wonder how hard it will be to spot one in the wild, or what the mechanic for it will be.

This just makes it more confusing. Why show the gift transferring between the LGPE and GO first, then at the end of the trailer, show the seemingly same gift but only with GO?
It's showing the Switch sending a gift to GO in both parts. (The gift box only appears when a Switch sends a gift to GO-when GO transfers a Pokemon to GO Park, there's no box)

ONE OF THE WILD CHICORITA TURNED INTO NUTTY!!
It’s model appeared in the overworld very, very briefly and it was sooo small and like a real world nut!

I caught it and it turned into Ditto (my first one!) and it’s now named Nutty!

30896996-AA6D-4F1A-A478-8525539688B0.jpeg 018D0014-0582-4A8C-A149-9C51C6E7F3F7.jpeg

Edit: I don’t know if it matters but when I clicked on the chicorita it said "Error: Pokemon Cannot he Found" before transforming into the minuscule overworld Nutty model.

I didn't see a single one while I was out :( Lots and lots of Chikorita though of course.

Oh hopefully I'll see one when chikorita day reaches here! =D Still hope <3

The one detail I loved was the really, really small Nutty overworld model, you could barely make out the nut and the slimy part, like a real world nut. It was so cute! Too bad it was too brief to screenshot...
The 'slime' was also shinier than expected.

On a side note, there were so many Chikorita that I ended up with my first ever Chikorita a few hours ago, and now have a Meganium.

I heard this rumor recently on 4chan that we are getting a pokemon's sounds similar to Diancie and Dynamite or something, but the 4chan leaker (I meant a different leaker, not polish leaker) also said that it's hard to describe. But I heard that he has mentioned that it is going to be feature in the upcoming Mewtwo reboot movie and it has some tie-in with a new evolution method in gen 8. I thought it's kinda strange.

I wonder this 4chan leaker could might telling a truth and referring to this pokemon. I think it does makes sense and maybe the 4chan leaker is mentioning that we are going to get Fusion Evolution in the 8th gen,because this little guy does looks like a hybrid of Ditto and unown (except a tail). I am guessing that Game Freak was hinting it in the past with Venustoise (Blastoise/Venusaur fusion) , Kyurem (from B2/W2), and Ash-Greninja. We has seen fans love to make up fusions for pokemon for the fun of it. I think it would be a cool idea.

Hey guys, This makes me comes up a theory on this little guy that has do with gen 8 and Team Rocket. Do you guys want to hear it next time?

I think fusion is an inevitability, though I'm not sure Gen 8 is when it'll happen. Colress sticking around to help with fusion in USUM means that thread isn't closed. N's "I didn't know Pokemone could fuse!" dialog also stands out, especially as it was highlighted in the Pokemon Generations B2W2 short. If and when it happens, it'll likely be limited to fully evolved Pokemon and probably only a couple dozen, Mega Evolution style. The amount of balance it demands would be massive, and though I don't fall into this category, people into the meta game and online competitive play would be thrown for a loop. That's pretty exciting, though. I imagine they could use AI to generate initial models and then tweak, but I think that would likely happen on a gen where they don't need to create a whole new engine. Then again, no engine has been fully the same so who knows. If anything, it'll be Gen 9 or 10, whenever the Gen 5 remake is since that's when fusion was a first a plot point. I imagine hitting 1000 Pokemon will also be the turning point.

Why not pull a gen 6 and make a remake have fusion in the plot. Remember, Dialga and Palkia had a fusion too.
Except that the "fusion" statue was because people of Sinnoh thought the two were the same Pokemon when there was a distortion caused by the clash of time and space. Where as Reshiram, Zekrom and Kyurem were already stated to have been one Pokemon, that's why fusion makes a lot more sense in Unova than in Sinnoh.

If Nutty really is 891 and a Gen 8 'mon instead of a UB leftover baby Xurkitree, then I am pumped for Gen 8. It's going to be weird, which shouldn't be too surprising considering the way the games have been unfolding. It also might mean a more science and technology based region over a mythological one, which seems to trade off gens. 7 was a hybrid in many ways, so I'm curious if it'll be a reset or what. I want more Pokemon than we've gotten for Gen 6 and 7, but 84 isn't too shabby. I just hope this isn't some alternate Kanto or Johto. One where the metal ditto evo is canon, as much as I want that fire pup seal. It literally turning into ditto has me nervous about that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom