• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know the anime canon is a little sketchy, but isn't there another Mewtwo that was created by a different group of scientific after the original Mewtwo? The one that featured in the Genesect movie that could Mega Evolve? Would it not technically be "Mewthree" because really it is the second clone / third iteration? Or would a supposed "Mewthree" need to be a clone of Mewtwo in order for the sequence to progress?
On a side note, my own theory of next year's movie is that it will feature Mega Mewtwo X, who has yet to appear outside of a cameo, and would tie in nicely to this reimagined story of Yellow that is suggested to be taking place within the supposed "Mega Evolution Timeline". Maybe we'll finally get Mega Mew as a special event next year too?

Back on the subject of "Nutty", my brain was fried the other day and I really struggled to get my head round this idea but I think I get it now - it wasn't "Nutty" that was transforming, but rather an invasion of Ditto disguised as the new monster.
I also wonder how the concept of a Ditto evolution would work, or any relative or forme or counterpart. Would Ditto be able to transform into it's evolved form? Would that count as evolving in itself? Same goes for a forme or any other kind of relative - how would that relationship be defined and how would it work with transform?
And the more I think about it, the more I think that any Ditto relative, evolution or otherwise, would be interesting but ultimately a bit redundant, depending on how they balance the game mechanics.

Last edited:
I really doubt that Nutty has anything to do with Ditto. Its only connection, aside from also having a blob body, is that all Nutties that appeared in the wild in GO have turned into Dittos upon capture- and that's only because it's a tease.

Nutty was likely designed and already implemented into Let's Go well before SpaceWorld leaked. I'm pretty sure that its blobbyness is just due to drawing inspiration from magnetic objects- including magnetic putty.

A pattern that consists of two generations is confirmation of Game Freak designating a Pokemon's generation when it was a fanmade term to begin with? I think Joe's just trying too hard to make Nutty (and the rest of LGPE) fit into the fan's system of generations. (Also, with 801 being Rowlet, that means Zeraora is 886, so 891 still has a gap even without starting at the next hundred)

A pattern that consists of two generations is confirmation of Game Freak designating a Pokemon's generation when it was a fanmade term to begin with? I think Joe's just trying too hard to make Nutty (and the rest of LGPE) fit into the fan's system of generations. (Also, with 801 being Rowlet, that means Zeraora is 886, so 891 still has a gap even without starting at the next hundred)
Zeraora is actually 888. 889-890 are most likely the partner Pikachu/Eevee in LGPE.

Back on the subject of "Nutty", my brain was fried the other day and I really struggled to get my head round this idea but I think I get it now - it wasn't "Nutty" that was transforming, but rather an invasion of Ditto disguised as the new monster.
I also wonder how the concept of a Ditto evolution would work, or any relative or forme or counterpart. Would Ditto be able to transform into it's evolved form? Would that count as evolving in itself? Same goes for a forme or any other kind of relative - how would that relationship be defined and how would it work with transform?
And the more I think about it, the more I think that any Ditto relative, evolution or otherwise, would be interesting but ultimately a bit redundant, depending on how they balance the game mechanics.
If I recall correctly, Nutto also transformed into Chikorita, so that was a weird Go thing, however, we can't discard a relation to Ditto yet.

If I recall correctly, Nutto also transformed into Chikorita, so that was a weird Go thing, however, we can't discard a relation to Ditto yet.
*chucks relation to Ditto into trash* =P Can't stop me.

And no, Chikorita just swapped out into Nutty once Community Day was over. When Community Day ends, all of the Community Day pokemon always swap out- usually to regular pokemon spawns. But the Nutty event followed Community Day so Chikorita became Nutty at the end of the event.

*chucks relation to Ditto into trash* =P Can't stop me.

And no, Chikorita just swapped out into Nutty once Community Day was over. When Community Day ends, all of the Community Day pokemon always swap out- usually to regular pokemon spawns. But the Nutty event followed Community Day so Chikorita became Nutty at the end of the event.

That was only because people tapped on the spawn when it was a Chikorita. If they captured it as Nutto, then they'd actually be catching a Chikorita.

I really doubt Nutty is related to ditto. I think the tease is confusing people since it turned into ditto when caught, but thats just what ditto does in Go. They just wanted to show us the pokemon without giving to us. Ditto "saw" nutty in a far of region and transformed into it.

I really doubt Nutty is related to ditto. I think the tease is confusing people since it turned into ditto when caught, but thats just what ditto does in Go. They just wanted to show us the pokemon without giving to us. Ditto "saw" nutty in a far of region and transformed into it.
Weren't people speculating about Ditto's relation to Nutto before it was found in the wild?

EDIT: Also, that's a cruel way to market it. I like it.

Weren't people speculating about Ditto's relation to Nutto before it was found in the wild?

EDIT: Also, that's a cruel way to market it. I like it.
Yeah, people thought it was just a nut render over the ditto model when we first found it in the data. I could see that, but I think its just a coincidence they are both blobs of smushy stuff. Like grimer is too but ditto and grimer are unrelated.
I just cant see ditto having any form or evolution like this nutty since its gimic is to transform.

Yeah, people thought it was just a nut render over the ditto model when we first found it in the data. I could see that, but I think its just a coincidence they are both blobs of smushy stuff. Like grimer is too but ditto and grimer are unrelated.
I just cant see ditto having any form or evolution like this nutty since its gimic is to transform.
True, so do you think it will end like Luvdisc and Alomomola?

True, so do you think it will end like Luvdisc and Alomomola?
These things never die lol. The fandom loves to have headcannon. Even if we get the official dex entry and its just the new magnemite or porygon, people would still say how its the new mewtwo because it was made using a dead ditto and machine parts and ditto is a failed clone of mew

These things never die lol. The fandom loves to have headcannon. Even if we get the official dex entry and its just the new magnemite or porygon, people would still say how its the new mewtwo because it was made using a dead ditto and machine parts and ditto is a failed clone of mew
XD I hope they give it some decent lore so we can avoid that nonsense. I mean, I love the failed clone of mew theory for ditto, but we don't need to add onto that with this poor electromagnet- Nutty clearly has its own thing going on and it would be a bit sad to reduce it to just Ditto 2.0.

True. And judging from what they did with Gen VII, I feel that we'll get more than two sentences on this Pokémon.

EDIT: Question for the ones that where here from previous pre-releases: Did they describe the newly revealed Pokémon with detail? Or just one or two lines?

With Gen V, aside from Zorua and Zoroark (Zoroark being shown as a silhouette), most Pokemon were revealed in detail.

Gen VI and VII showed the Pokemon but didn't give clues to typings.

I wonder if we'll see Fairy be nerfed in this Gen. When the Fairy type was first revealed, it was meant to balance the Dragon-Type. I'm guessing from all the adjustments from Gen 6 to Gen 7, they do it based off VGC, such as the Parental Bond and Gale Wings nerf. Now that I think about it Dragon Gem Latios dominated that circuit prior XY. I don't think a new type is necessary, just maybe giving an extra weakness or an Immunity. Like Ice. Please GF. Give Ice more defensive capabillities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom