• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if we'll see Fairy be nerfed in this Gen. When the Fairy type was first revealed, it was meant to balance the Dragon-Type. I'm guessing from all the adjustments from Gen 6 to Gen 7, they do it based off VGC, such as the Parental Bond and Gale Wings nerf. Now that I think about it Dragon Gem Latios dominated that circuit prior XY. I don't think a new type is necessary, just maybe giving an extra weakness or an Immunity. Like Ice. Please GF. Give Ice more defensive capabillities.
Honestly, from a logic standpoint, I am baffled that Ice isn't strong against water. Aside from hot water- when do you ever see water best a freezing cold temperature like that? If ice is the power of cold, it should freeze water solid, not get its butt kicked by it. XD That would create another nice little type-circle too with fire besting ice, ice besting water, and water besting fire.

Honestly, from a logic standpoint, I am baffled that Ice isn't strong against water. Aside from hot water- when do you ever see water best a freezing cold temperature like that? If ice is the power of cold, it should freeze water solid, not get its butt kicked by it. XD That would create another nice little type-circle too with fire besting ice, ice besting water, and water besting fire.

I think water being resistant to ice and vice versa would be a better way to show the water/ice relationship. It would be also a unique case where two types are resistant to each other.

I wonder if we'll see Fairy be nerfed in this Gen. When the Fairy type was first revealed, it was meant to balance the Dragon-Type.

And Fairy type stills mantain Dragon Pokémon on point, which was totally needed after Outrage and Draco Meteor free spam during Gen V.
Even if it was totally harsh to have a new type being immune to Dragon there wasn't really another way to finally balance Dragon types without it, period.
It was also a buff for a less optimal offensive type —Poison— and Steel —which is actually not that bad but a buff is appreciated I guess?—.

If something I totally agree with you is on the Ice type buff. We've seen some improvements in Gen VII (Aurora Veil) but I don't think it is enough. Bug would like to have some more love that's not a Leech Life buff (it was pretty nice, however).

And while I do think Water is the best type I don't think it being weak to Ice would change things too much (Freeze Dry also exists), especially considering it is already weak to Electric, which also is one of the most common offensive types.

Since Ditto can transform into any Pokémon, there doesn't necessarily have to be a speical connection to the new Pokémon and Ditto. For example, it's not like let's say Rapidash has anything anything to do with Ditto in particular. You can catch a Ditto that has transformed into Rapidash and will turn back into Ditto when caught. That's probably the 'relation' Ditto and the new Pokémon share as well. The appearance of this new Pokémon might just be the appearance of a hoard of Ditto that have transformed into this new Pokémon as a teaser.

I think water being resistant to ice and vice versa would be a better way to show the water/ice relationship. It would be also a unique case where two types are resistant to each other.
While I agree that ice should resist water, that wouldn't be unique. Bug and fighting both resist each other :)

And Fairy type stills mantain Dragon Pokémon on point, which was totally needed after Outrage and Draco Meteor free spam during Gen V.
Even if it was totally harsh to have a new type being immune to Dragon there wasn't really another way to finally balance Dragon types without it, period.
It was also a buff for a less optimal offensive type —Poison— and Steel —which is actually not that bad but a buff is appreciated I guess?—.

If something I totally agree with you is on the Ice type buff. We've seen some improvements in Gen VII (Aurora Veil) but I don't think it is enough. Bug would like to have some more love that's not a Leech Life buff (it was pretty nice, however).

And while I do think Water is the best type I don't think it being weak to Ice would change things too much (Freeze Dry also exists), especially considering it is already weak to Electric, which also is one of the most common offensive types.
Water being weak to Ice would be a benefit to Ice, though- since Water is such a common type. Yeah, it wouldn't make people favor it over the other major offenses to Water, but it would be something in Ice's favor when it has so little going for it. And it would make some logical sense, too.

Water being weak to ice wouldn’t help the latter. It’d just help the hundreds of non ice type Pokemon that can learn ice type moves. Besides, ice is already a fantastic offensive type as it is.

What it really needs is a defensive buff.

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1044573339140812800

Meltan it is the name of the pokemon. And it looks like its connected with ditto for real

And it says " Episode 1 " so we can expect more info about that pokemon from that twitter account

Only connected to ditto in a superficial sense. The same way all pokemon are connected to ditto. The meltan in go were just transformed ditto. Meaning no one has encountered the real thing yet

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/Pokemon/status/1044573339140812800

Meltan it is the name of the pokemon. And it looks like its connected with ditto for real

And it says " Episode 1 " so we can expect more info about that pokemon from that twitter account

They just confirmed the Ditto were transforming into Meltan, not that there's any additional connection. (though I'm super excited to already have its name and possibly be getting more info)

Im not suggesting an actual connection, but it is similar to magearna no? Ancient mythical pojemon looks man made. Also that was 1st gen 7 pokemon if im not mistaken. This is either last gen 7 or 1st gen 8, (not sure how to cladsify generations anymore)

Im not suggesting an actual connection, but it is similar to magearna no? Ancient mythical pojemon looks man made. Also that was 1st gen 7 pokemon if im not mistaken. This is either last gen 7 or 1st gen 8, (not sure how to cladsify generations anymore)
I am disappointed at them trying to pass it off as being ancient when it clearly appears to be of a modern man-made origin.

Also at that name. You will forever be Nutty to me, little nut. D=

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom