• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
So.

Any interesting rumors lately?

No? I guess, not, but then again the games are not coming until like November 2019 or something like that which means we probably won't know about them for at least five months but probably a bit longer.

I don't know why but I have a very strong feeling the next games are going to be set in Europe again, probably somewhere like England since that is where a lot of Japanese tourists go in the real world.

Imagine an England region with legendarily inspired by Greek mythology. That would be awesome!

I bet Zeus would be Electric/Psychic (because that is much more interesting than Electric/Flying.

Poseidon is going to be Water/Ground since he is also known as the Earthshaker, and Hades is Ghost/Ground because he was never really associated with fire at all so it wouldn't be Ghpst/Fire or Ground/Fire.

Gaea is Ground/Rock. Nyx is Ghost/Dark. Erebus is Ghost/Dark. Ouranos is Flying/Psychic. Other protogenoi I have no idea what they might be.

Last edited:
I think next region is gonna be China. It is the biggest possible market you want to attract, so it would be a great marketing decision as well (especially with how Chinese was added as a language option for the games).

From a personal perspective, the only region that could excite me is a region set in Japan, USA, China and Korea.

EDIT:

Yes, I know some of you guys are tired of revisitting Japan and the USA, but they are my personal favorite Poke - settings and they dont get boring to me. As long as there are parts of Japan or USA that have not been made a Poke region yet, they are my n1 choice.

However, since I know plenty of you are tired of revisitting these two over and over again, I also gave China (which is also my bet, regardless of personal taste) and Korea as alternative options that I would absolutely enjoy as well.

Last edited:
I'm fine with another US region, actually. Alola/Hawaii barely counts for me because it's not even part of North America, and was heavily associated with Kanto (and partially Johto) than Unova. It was, for all intents and purposes, a mix of Kanto and Hoenn. Besides, America also has a lot of variety: we could have a farmland region, a Hollywood region (think PokeStar Studios on a larger scale), and stuff like Texas.

But Count me in on the Spain Train though. Spanish culture, fashion and architecture is beautiful. Bonus if they can throw in Portugal, because there are some prime landscapes and sights there.

I've said to before and I'll say it again, I'd really love a Canada region or an England region where you start in a COLD climate instead of a spring/summer climate like in the past few games.

Would make make breeding a pain in the but to do.

Very adorable avatar by the way.
Thank you very much, Greninjaman. XD I has it for awhile.

Agreed. I would see fusion thing as a temporary evolution method that would be similar to the Mega Evolution like we has seen with Ash-Greninja.

I'm fine with another US region, actually. Alola/Hawaii barely counts for me because it's not even part of North America, and was heavily associated with Kanto (and partially Johto) than Unova. It was, for all intents and purposes, a mix of Kanto and Hoenn. Besides, America also has a lot of variety: we could have a farmland region, a Hollywood region (think PokeStar Studios on a larger scale), and stuff like Texas.

But Count me in on the Spain Train though. Spanish culture, fashion and architecture is beautiful. Bonus if they can throw in Portugal, because there are some prime landscapes and sights there.
All aboard the Spain Train! \o/ Choo choo.

Count me in for Spain or Ireland.

Thank you very much, Greninjaman. XD I has it for awhile.

Agreed. I would see fusion thing as a temporary evolution method that would be similar to the Mega Evolution like we has seen with Ash-Greninja.
I see fusion being more in line on how the Kyurem and Necrozma forms behave when changing. A permanent change but the two Pokemon can be separated anytime you have space in your party, I prefer that method over yet another Mega Evolution-like method.

Let's not have yet another region in a tropical setting when there were three games in a row that did that. How about Norway or Greenland as the next region? This could bring in a different climate for Pokemon games that's definitely needed after the Hoenn/Alola monotonousness.

Okay, so recently someone saw my reddit post about the crossbreeding idea, and introduced me to a game he's developing which has the same kinda idea in mind. You can tell he was inspired by pokemon but the way he pulls off his idea crossbreeding makes me want to see these implemented to the games more.

Honestly, I think any region would be fine with me. But should I add Meltan to my Plus/Minus fanfiction? Hmm... I don't know. The actual Generation 8 would have completely different Pokémon and I doubt it would be anything like Plus and Minus. If I move my Plus and Minus idea to Gen IX like how I already bumped it up a Generation when Alola came, the National Dex would be in the thousands.

Also, crossbreeding? I think we should stick to Eggs containing the mother's species that knows some of the father's moves. Why change the way breeding was already established?

Let's not have yet another region in a tropical setting when there were three games in a row that did that. How about Norway or Greenland as the next region? This could bring in a different climate for Pokemon games that's definitely needed after the Hoenn/Alola monotonousness.

Glad to see someone who agrees. I don't want any remotely hot/tropical climate regions. We've had enough for a while. I really want a Scandinavia region. However, I'm keeping my expectations low. I doubt GF cares how many hot/tropical regions they put out in a row. It's just such a shame because Scandinavian countries are just so underrepresented, yet they are so beautiful.

Okay, so recently someone saw my reddit post about the crossbreeding idea, and introduced me to a game he's developing which has the same kinda idea in mind. You can tell he was inspired by pokemon but the way he pulls off his idea crossbreeding makes me want to see these implemented to the games more.

Oof, that makes me want it even less.

It would just kind of really twist the feeling of the franchise into something else.

Didn't some of the tropical regions also included snowy mountains and deserts and such?

Oof, that makes me want it even less.

It would just kind of really twist the feeling of the franchise into something else.

This is literally what happens to animals all the time in the real world. Same as breeding in general in the games. If anything I'm surprised the series hasn't done it sooner.

Hybrids aren’t a natural occurrence. They’re all provoked by humans. It feels kinda disingenuous to say it “happens all the time”.
Actually there are some naturally-occurring hybrids in areas where territories of two compatible species overlap. I'd say most hybrids are the result of human intervention, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom