• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM093: The Hero Liliel and the Alola Staff!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm excited over ir, for Liliel and for the episode

It feels weird to have 3 fillers in a row after a 3,5 week break, but this one seems to actually be worth it, as it focuses on human characters comedy with Team Rocket involvement, and it seems to have creative backgrounds.
Technically the Pikachu episode isn't filler since the goal of the Sun and Moon Anime was learning all the z-moves so any episode showing a new z-move can not technically count as filler no matter how random it is.

You know, this episode’s premise makes me think of a thought that has been fluttering around in my head for a long while now; someone within the Pokémon anime series world actually making a play about Ash and his adventures after having heard about him from numerous sources.

Tell me, how does that premise sound in comparison to the play that will be put on in the actual episode?

Immediately after an arc full of basically nothing but action? I don't think so. Give them a break. They've deserved to have it easy.
Action? Do you really dare to call this action? They only used Z-moves and maybe 3 moves and that is action? Mallow, Soph didn't do a thing expect comanding a Ride pokémon who isnt even their own!

Immediately after an arc full of basically nothing but action? I don't think so. Give them a break. They've deserved to have it easy.

I knew we'd be going back to filler episodes after that intense Necrozma arc, but I gotta admit...so far none of the new ones have really tickled my fancy. I think this one is probably the one I'm most interested in, but there are other "filler episodes" that I've been more intrigued by, like the car race, cooking contest, and the Houkani Observatory trip (which actually ended up being quite a tear jerker!)…

By the way, so far we haven't seen an episode focused on Lana since the Dewpider disappointment, which I'm hoping is a sign they're saving her for the Tapu Fini episodes later on.

Seriously? What will they do next? A prom dance?

That's already more or less been done in XY&Z - specifically, the episode where Serena's Eevee evolved into Sylveon. But believe me, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that does return in SM...

I'm just glad that Jessie's involved. I like Lillie as much as anyone, but the play wouldn't be as fun without a human antagonist crashing the show IMO.

Translation from Dephender
It's been decided that Satoshi and the others will put on a play at the Pokémon School. As the play begins they all act their parts, albeit in a slightly nervous manner, but then the Rocket Gang barges in, having stumbled over a copy of the script that Satoshi dropped earlier.

Screenplay 藤咲淳一 (Junichi Fujisaku)
Storyboard 浅田裕二 (Yūji Asada)
Episode Director 渡辺正彦 (Masahiko Watanabe)
Animation Director 直井由紀 (Yuki Naoi)

Could this be inspired by the Magic Flute? Lunala Woman = Queen of the Night? Solgaleo = Sarastro? Satoshi = Papageno? Lilie either Tamino or Pamina?

Could this be inspired by the Magic Flute? Lunala Woman = Queen of the Night? Solgaleo = Sarastro? Satoshi = Papageno? Lilie either Tamino or Pamina?
@BugCatcherinVF
If your thought of this episode will occurred the way you did. I can tell you, that 99.99999% that this episode will be banned for the dub released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom