• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woo I been gone from anything pokemon for a while! So that weird little... thing is actually a pokemon and it's named Meltan. And apparently despite being a mythical pokemon they're about as rare as cockroaches once you figure out how to find them. And it's a puddle of mercury or something with a giant metal nut for a headeye and a wire for a tail, but it's an ancient pokemon.

Okay, gamefreak. Sure. Right. Also it seems that when you get enough of the little pests together they fuse into what's shadow looks like Complete Zygard with a metal nut head. Y'all gonna have to do something really interesting with this thing to make me not dislike it. And considering it's a Mythical... I'll probably never own or see one in my game since I don't plan on touching Let's Go Eevee and can't play pokemon go at all.

As for something positive... if that 'starter leak' from a few pages back were actually found to be legit I would be 100% fine with them. Bamboodillo has that adorable awkward look that screams 'people will hate it when it's first revealed like Oshawott, Chespin, and Popplio did (even has that big nose!). FireCobra is absolutely adorable and amazing and I would dive head first into choosing it as my starter about as hard as I did Fennekin and Litten. I could see it evolving into a Fire/Ground type as it looks like it would be quite comfortable in the desert. And Triangle Polar Bear is adorable and I am upset it isn't already an existing pokemon. I want that thing added to my pokemon plush collection it would make an amazing pillow plush. I love you Triangle Polar Bear. I love you so much.

Mega Meltan had better be good. >=/ I won't forgive them if they ruin the precious baby with something beyond awful... little Meltan is lucky to pass for cute as it is.

I do wonder if this is going to have anything with Go Park and that gathering game... probably gather 25 Meltan in Go Park, play that mini game, and get this new form/evo-thing. Could kind of explain why there seems to be a ton of Meltan despite being mythical.

Hmm, lots of Meltan fusing together to become a stronger Pokemon, maybe it could get the Electric-type due to magnetism? I can see bolts become part of the larger Pokemon to keep the Meltan together.

EH, giving it an electric typing as well ain't gonna make it any more interesting. If anything it'd make it more boring and expected to me. "Oh look, the metal puddle with the wire and nut sticking out of it is Steel/Electric. Truly this is creativity on par with metal ball with eyeball, screws, and magnets.

Oh man.

Crack theory: Meltan is the scrap left behind when Gamefreak put Magnemite together.

Kind of like those Mega Klinklang shitposts back in the day?
I was thinking more like with the faces pressed against one another, making a sort of tube (maybe for firing powerful attacks). But of course, it’s all just guesswork until we actually see something more substantial than a partial shadow.

It’ll get annoying pretty quickly, not to mention that the effort would not be feasible for every random Gen 8 Pokemon.
The next mythical could get the treatment though.

It’ll get annoying pretty quickly, not to mention that the effort would not be feasible for every random Gen 8 Pokemon.
The next mythical could get the treatment though.
Well, I don't see how the Gen 8 pokemon would be random, considering how they're part of a generation. Meltan on the other hand....we have no idea if this thing is Gen 7 or Gen 8. We have speculation, but no actual confirmation. And, besides, LGPE isn't in a generation, the games are there own things.

And i'm not saying every little pokemon one-by-one, I actually agree with Poke Dragon's idea about releasing them in bulk. Like make a video introducing the starters, etc.

Would ya'll want them to introduce every new pokemon in Gen 8 the way they introduced Meltan with the little videos. Or at least some of them?

Not every Pokemon though. But Legendaries and Mythicals (And maybe the base starter forms) are fine if they do it this way, since they are meant to be special.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom