• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I find serpentine Pokemon overrated, I like Giratina's Origin form more than the Altered Form. I actually prefer Gen 4 and 5 artstyles over the first 3 Gens, Gen 6 and 7. I wish we could go back to the DS games artstyle.

I retain the opinion that Gen 7 has a few things I'd hope to see used in Gen 8: one being how there were several areas that are easy to miss, but contain good rewards.

10 Carat Hill for example: My sister missed it and I did not: thus i had a Rockruff and she did not. Then USUM had a Flying Z Crystal accessed from the same area.

People complain about linearity, so why not have the places and reward the player for sniffing around in ways beyond the TM behind the rocks?

This is absolutely a pipe dream, but I'd like a two region system again. And we know the Switch can handle two whole regions.

The difference is that instead of a Gen II model where we had a new region + an old region post-game, we'd have a new region + another new region post-game. Kinda like how in Sinnoh we had the Battle Resort after the E4, except expanded so it's at least the size of Kanto, has its own Gym Leaders or equivalent, and has a good chunk of the new Pokedex locked to that region (to simulate that region's fauna.)

Basically, we'd be getting two new regions in one.

This is absolutely a pipe dream, but I'd like a two region system again. And we know the Switch can handle two whole regions.

The difference is that instead of a Gen II model where we had a new region + an old region post-game, we'd have a new region + another new region post-game. Kinda like how in Sinnoh we had the Battle Resort after the E4, except expanded so it's at least the size of Kanto, has its own Gym Leaders or equivalent, and has a good chunk of the new Pokedex locked to that region (to simulate that region's fauna.)

Basically, we'd be getting two new regions in one.

This is not gonna happen (Why would they give us 2 regions for 60 currency while they can give us 4 new games with 1 region for 60 currency).

2 new regions in one game isn't gonna happen, that would take the game a much longer time to develop since both would have to be built from the ground up with completely new concepts, which even 1 region already take a huge amount of time to develop without any base, imagine how long it would take to develop 2. Game Freak isn't the kind of company who would let 2 years in a row without Pokemon games become a thing. It's basically the same reason why remakes will always be made, don't expect to get completely new Pokemon games every single year.

Theoretically the nature of what a region contains may be enhacned in Gen 8! Perhaps monpoke is not bringing any indication of qualities the Gen 8 games might have, but, the idea of the living world of the Pokemon (basically wilderness area?) becoming larger and more detailed feels possible.

(To clarify, the idea that the natural habitat of Pokemon becomes as large as or even a bit larger than the settlements, towns and cities.)

Y'all realize I prefaced my comment by saying 'This is absolutely a pipe dream...'

I don't need y'all to tell me it's not happening. I've got that covered on my own. Still doesn't mean I can't want it.

I would like to see an area based around the fossil pokemon, like what that guy in sm was building, maybe that that's a hint for gen 8? It would be cool to see fossil mons in the wild amd maybe a way to get new ones with the /rock type

I would like to see an area based around the fossil pokemon, like what that guy in sm was building, maybe that that's a hint for gen 8? It would be cool to see fossil mons in the wild amd maybe a way to get new ones with the /rock type
That's just a throwaway reference to Jurassic Park. Sorry.

- - I just want a bear form that stays cute. I forgot bewear was a red panda cause he doesn’t look it, and once again they ruined it just like the other bear lines. Which technically a red panda is not anyway. So frustrating give me one that stays cute! T.T

I keep hoping they will do a new snap of some kind. I know they sort of touched on it in 7, but I don’t count it really. It felt like an appeasement, and I didn’t mind it, but it wasn’t what i wanted. I think they could do a really bomb version where you actually like walk through the grass to find the pokemon within a short space. Maybe you have to fly on the back of one of the flying pokemon to get to a new area. That kind of think. It would be so fun

2 new regions in one game isn't gonna happen, that would take the game a much longer time to develop since both would have to be built from the ground up with completely new concepts, which even 1 region already take a huge amount of time to develop without any base, imagine how long it would take to develop 2. Game Freak isn't the kind of company who would let 2 years in a row without Pokemon games become a thing. It's basically the same reason why remakes will always be made, don't expect to get completely new Pokemon games every single year.

It could be possible to develop a two region game during a generation in which no remakes were made- like how they worked on switching to 3D models during Gen 5, the only generation so far in which we have not received a remake. Sequel games and "third versions" reuse a lot of assets from their first release, so not like they've got a lot of work to do there to still manage to release a game while working on something larger. So it's not utterly impossible... just still absolutely unlikely.

If it did happen, I imagine they would cheat anyway, and make the two regions mirror each other. Same layout, just different skins- a lot less work.

Can't we get a killer whale? I know Kyogre is like one, but I would like one that more closely resembles one.

Can't we get a killer whale? I know Kyogre is like one, but I would like one that more closely resembles one.
As long as it doesn't have pink as its shiny, I'm on board with the idea.

Oooh how about dark green and white for the shiny, or even like a cream to the classic black and white?

I would love a narwhale too.

Personally, I'd prefer having a nice good old wolf Pokemon.

I think our best chance of getting another two region game is if they "remake" Sinnoh and Unova at the same time and call it Black Diamond and Pearl White. I'm not entirely sure how this would work, but I know that I want it to happen.

As far as new Pokemon designs go, I love reptiles and amphibians and am always up for getting a new lizard/newt. I'd like to have a water type one.

A artic wolf would be great. I would say pure ice, but it would have to be a great ice type
Make it an offensive Ice Type (for a fucking change) and it would at least be decent. 120 Speed + 110 Special Attack + Snow Warning + a movepool of Blizzard/Aurora Veil/Thunderbolt/Earth Power/Nasty Plot/Ice Shard/Moonblast could be devastating at least in the lower tiers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom