• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can buy Pokeballs of various types if you want to, but they give you five hundred Master Balls after the tutorial and every gym leader you defeat.
Instead of level 5 Pokemon given out as the first Pokemon you get in your adventure, you will instead receive a lv100 shiny legendary Pokemon.

Changed the (outdated) poll to reflect Gen VIII coming out next year. We're also starting to get a tad off-topic, so let's steer the discussion back around:
Should the hypothetical DP remakes come before or after the followup game(s)? Why?

Last edited:
Changed the (outdated) poll to reflect Gen VIII coming out next year. We're also starting to get a tad off-topic, so let's steer the discussion back around:
Should the hypothetical DP remakes come before or after the followup game(s)? Why?
I prefer before, now I know I'm sounding impatient, but I'm really not. If the Diamond and Pearl remakes were being developed alongside Gen 8 and LGPE, there's a good chance that Gen 4 remakes are traditional remakes.

I prefer before, now I know I'm sounding impatient, but I'm really not. If the Diamond and Pearl remakes were being developed alongside Gen 8 and LGPE, there's a good chance that Gen 4 remakes are traditional remakes.

There’s a limit to how many projects they were doing side by side, specially if we throw SM and USUM into the equation. I think they’re currently going through early conceptual development or a bit further than that (since most of the concepts are already there) now while Generation 8 is further along the development course.

There’s a limit to how many projects they were doing side by side, specially if we throw SM and USUM into the equation. I think they’re currently going through early conceptual development or a bit further than that (since most of the concepts are already there) now while Generation 8 is further along the development course.

This. I kinda suspect it's going to be a couple years after Gen 8 before we see a Gen 4 remake.

I think DP remakes should come after the Gen 8 games. We will have a new generation on a new system, and trainers will want to capture older Pokemon for the dex, so DP remakes would be a great option in 2020.

Honestly, I'd rather just have the DP remakes and not even bother with a new region.

Given the demand for Sinnoh remakes, I think 2020 will be their best bet for them. They don't want to launch them ahead of 8th gen because 8th gen will certainly outsell them, but Sinnoh remakes are the next best option so they should be the next project.

Can't forget they're working on whatever town is.

If we have Diamond and Pearl remake, Professor Sycamore has to appear! He was mentored by Rowan, and since he studies Mega Evolution and Rowan studies evolution... No reason for no to be in it!

I almost want to think Mega Evolution will appear or be mentioned. I mean after all, Rowan's research was all about Pokemon evolutions.

Outside of that, I also wonder if the remake will introduce new Ultra Beasts. We have a dimension in which Dialga lives, one where Palkia lives and one where Giratina lives, so those are 3 regular mons living in different dimensions, so surely they will expand on this to show that more unknown creatures live in different dimensions?

Also, what role will Silvally play, me wonders. Considering there were 4(?) Type:Null made and there were 2 in Sun and Moon and with it being a failed man-made Arceus and Ultra Beast slayer, I heavily expect it in Sinnoh, making me, again, wonder if Ultra Beasts come in.

Perhaps they'd introduce the Ultra Beast Variant of Arceus? Or give Giratina, Dialga and Palkia forms that actually are Ultra Beasts in a way, similar to Solgaleo, Lunala and Necrozma.

But then there's also Mega Evolution and considering Rowan studies evolution and apparently mentions Sycamore (At what point in the game though?), it's a logical way to go, but I don't think the game would be able to use two big story devices like Mega Evolution and Ultra Beasts/Tao Trio/Arceus-Silvally plot well.

So. many. questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom