• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pokemon Uranium has a good example of a vampire Pokemon that's not too humanoid-instead, it's based on bats!

Since I like fantasy, I would like to see more fantasy creatures, like goblins, centaurs, vampires, etc...

I don't know about the vampires and centaurs but you could loosely consider Sawk and Throh to be goblins despite their more ogre-like appearance.

Timburr could also be a goblin, and probably Drowzee too.

Pokemon Uranium has a good example of a vampire Pokemon that's not too humanoid-instead, it's based on bats!

This could also be our chance to get a bat Pokémon that actually focuses on the cuter and mammalian aspects of bats. The zubat and woobat lines are downright hideous, and Noibat ends up becoming a dragon.

I'd love to see a fruit bat Pokémon with vampire aspects (I looked up vampire bats and no offence but they look hideous too. Can’t we have a cute bat Pokémon for a change?)

Technically, but it failed to capture the cuteness of the honduran white bat, so I have to consider it a failure of design.
To be fair, that is a matter of opinion. I could say I want a koala, but decide Komala was a failure and that they should make a new one. It doesn't just eliminate the fact that Komala IS a koala, because not everyone would agree with me (I do like Komala, I'm just using an example). I happen to think Woobat is cute and it's not a failure. I don't think every Pokemon needs to be a 1-1 image of what it's based off.

Technically, but it failed to capture the cuteness of the honduran white bat, so I have to consider it a failure of design.
On the other hand, I personally view Woobat's design as very cute.

(And don't get me started on Pokemon designs that, to me, failed to capture some essence of their source material....)

I would like to see a mothman pokemon, dark/psychic. Given thatit would show up before a disaster or some say, the cause.

To be fair, that is a matter of opinion. I could say I want a koala, but decide Komala was a failure and that they should make a new one. It doesn't just eliminate the fact that Komala IS a koala, because not everyone would agree with me (I do like Komala, I'm just using an example). I happen to think Woobat is cute and it's not a failure. I don't think every Pokemon needs to be a 1-1 image of what it's based off.
I just think that woobat very much misses the mark of what makes the honduran white bat so endearing. I'd like something that captures the essence of the honduran white bat more than something that only fits the same basic description of cottonball with bat wings.

I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread already or not, but could yungoos be a hint? It's sun dex entry states it was imported from another region. And if go based on it's real world counterpart, mongooses, could gen 8 be in a India base region?

I don't know if it's been mentioned in the thread already or not, but could yungoos be a hint? It's sun dex entry states it was imported from another region. And if go based on it's real world counterpart, mongooses, could gen 8 be in a India base region?
I doubt it's a hint, it's more like a real world reference to the fact that mongoose were imported to Hawaii to deal with rat problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom