• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't they make Ice resist Normal? It makes sense when you think about it.

Well... technically it is, since people complain GF is making the games easier. If thats the case, we also cannot have speedy mons anymore.
Well if the whole region is full of slow mons, it's essentially back to square one on who's slightly faster since they're around the same range of speed. In other word not much has changed

Maybe Ice should resist Fairy then? I don't want to make it resist Bug and Grass since that's nerfing them even further, which we don't need.

On the whole, the Gen IV roster is the weakest for me. There are designs I adore (Torterra, Empoleon, Luxray, Staraptor, the Eeveelutions...) but the majority of designs feel awkward to me. Same with a lot of Gen V. It may be a result of some growing pains between Gens III -VI. Or something. I dunno.

I do think Gen II, III, VI, and VII have really good Pokédexes, and I’ll give Gen I a pass for being the first, but if their latest two gens are any indication, Gen VIII’s Dex will also be solid.

I feel you, although I drank the Gen V flavor-aid outside of a few glaring problems like the color swap genies. There were definitely a lot of Pokemon that stood on 2 legs for the final evo, which I like, but it does feel less like Pokemon if there aren't animals to balance it out. That balance is part of why I find B2W2 such a fun game.

Although I find serpentine Pokemon overrated, I like Giratina's Origin form more than the Altered Form. I actually prefer Gen 4 and 5 artstyles over the first 3 Gens, Gen 6 and 7. I wish we could go back to the DS games artstyle.

Hah, I'm the exact opposite. I love serpentine Pokemon and minus Gen VI, always start with the Grass starter When I Serperior, it felt like it was personally designed for me. (It loses something in translation, but alas.) So I should like Origin Giratina more, but I just remember the excitement of exploring Sinnoh and running into it in Diamond. It was so cool with its Egyptian look. I do like Origin Form in 3D, though. Mainly because if you take pictures with it, it'll open its mouth and look like the cutest, most derpy Pokemon around.

giratina_origin_forme_by_arcamira-db6uj9d.gif

It's better with your trainer posing in front of it. I took a million pictures of it, Decidueye, and Alolan Marowak, but they're on my 3DS and I'm lazy.

2 new regions in one game isn't gonna happen, that would take the game a much longer time to develop since both would have to be built from the ground up with completely new concepts, which even 1 region already take a huge amount of time to develop without any base, imagine how long it would take to develop 2. Game Freak isn't the kind of company who would let 2 years in a row without Pokemon games become a thing. It's basically the same reason why remakes will always be made, don't expect to get completely new Pokemon games every single year.

I could see it working, but they'd have to be smaller. The version could determine which region you start the game, so you'd have an incentive to get both versions. That's like 90% never happening or it would end up like a larger Sinnoh, but having a body of water between it instead of Mt. Coronet.

They could finally have a use for that train in Kalos

I still hold this was intended to be a way to get to Unova. Look at how many references there are to Unova for the first third if the game, including the Zekrom and Reshiram statues. The regions are deeply connected, and what other region has a railway system? Plus they had the Pokedex 3D app before Gen VI and it was only Gen V Pokemon. With how sluggish XY is, I still maintain the possibility that they were designed with the Wii U in mind, if only as a second version, like the original idea with Stars. Which was a real thjng:

Speak to a number of people with knowledge of the Stars project and a picture emerges that there was no single reason why development on Switch's first proper Pokémon changed course.

A couple of points stand out, however. First, a growing belief in Switch's success - which meant Nintendo would not need a new Zelda, Mario and a new mainline Pokémon game within the console's first eight months.

Stars - part-developed in parallel with Sun and Moon - would always have been a way to get Pokémon on Switch sooner rather than later. But, as the Switch's success has now borne out, Nintendo did not have to lean on Pikachu and friends to ensure it. Second to all of that was a desire to keep 3DS supported with games through 2017 - which lead to the birth of Ultra Sun and Moon, instead.

So, what happened with Pokémon Stars?

Just a random wish, it would be awesome if Houndoom was given an evolution that was like that of a Cerberus.

The fact that Houndoom has a Mega Evolution completely destroys that hope.

Edit: let me clarify, I want a Houndoom evolution that has three heads.

It's a shame we have the monkeys. A cerberus mixed with "hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil" for each head would be appropriate to keep it from just adapting a cerberus into the Pokemon style.

Okay, I came back from my vacations and from what I see, I'm kind of glad I wasn't here when a certain topic that won't be mentioned here was discussed.

On topic: Was Stars ever confirmed? Because I have never seen proof of it aside from Eurogamer.

Also, I can kind of picture a cerberus Pokémon. It looks more or less generic in my head, but maybe someone else can make something more creative than what I have in mind.

Okay, I came back from my vacations and from what I see, I'm kind of glad I wasn't here when a certain topic that won't be mentioned here was discussed.

On topic: Was Stars ever confirmed? Because I have never seen proof of it aside from Eurogamer.

Also, I can kind of picture a cerberus Pokémon. It looks more or less generic in my head, but maybe someone else can make something more creative than what I have in mind.

They won't say themselves, but what Eurogamer says tracks with what we've seen of Nintendo since. Their strategy required a major release for 3DS to keep it alive. They had to announce Bowser's Inside Story like a year before its set release date. I don't see a reason to distrust Eurogamer. Rumors that it was just a tech demo happened around November 2017, while that article came out in December 2017.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom