• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Generation IV Remake Speculation

Will there be remakes in Gen VIII?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it will only use the story element introduced in Gen 8, I highly doubt they are going to reuse an old mechanic as a plot point.

I think it will only use the story element introduced in Gen 8, I highly doubt they are going to reuse an old mechanic as a plot point.

I think Ultra Space will have some significance in generation 8. Ganefreak has been constantly setting up and expanding the concept of Alternate dimensions as early as Platinum's Distortion world, then in ORAS, then in (Ultra) Sun and Moon. It would be strange to dump a concept with such a huge amount of build up. We were also shown it’s potential with Rainbow Rocket.

Distortion world might get linked to such concepts down the line.

I think Ultra Space will have some significance in generation 8. Ganefreak has been constantly setting up and expanding the concept of Alternate dimensions as early as Platinum's Distortion world, then in ORAS, then in (Ultra) Sun and Moon. It would be strange to dump a concept with such a huge amount of build up. We were also shown it’s potential with Rainbow Rocket.

Don't forget FRLG in that. Alternate dimension from RBY.

I kinda doubt Distortion World will get linked to such concepts, simply because it's, well, it's basically Giratina's house. Linking Distortion World and Ultra Space kinda defeats the point of Giratina going to such effort to make the place difficult to enter, even more so since it's intended to be the "flip side" of the regular universe.

I don't think Ultra Space will be expanded upon, but I do think they will make a new type of dimension to go with the remakes.

I don't think Ultra Space will be expanded upon, but I do think they will make a new type of dimension to go with the remakes.

This is where I'm at right now. I love the weirdness of UBs, but they feel distinctly Alolan.

This is where I'm at right now. I love the weirdness of UBs, but they feel distinctly Alolan.
I'm saying more in the fact that Game Freak doesn't use plots that highlights a mechanic that was already used. I feel like Gen 4 remakes will use Gen 8's plot point, much like how ORAS used X and Y's plot point about Mega Evolutions.

I'm saying more in the fact that Game Freak doesn't use plots that highlights a mechanic that was already used. I feel like Gen 4 remakes will use Gen 8's plot point, much like how ORAS used X and Y's plot point about Mega Evolutions.
Assuming that Gen 4 remakes even come out during Gen 8.

Assuming that Gen 4 remakes even come out during Gen 8.

Yeah, this is the other issue. GF has been a little unusual with remakes as of late. After all, I never expected the Gen 7 remakes to come out during Gen 7.

Yeah, but BW2 were actual sequels, similar to how GSC are sequels to RBY. USUM are actual remakes, not sequels.

To be fair with ORAS, you can assume that Hoopa brought the legendaries to Hoenn, but I just can't see the logic or reasoning of finding normal legendaries through Ultra Wormholes except maybe the Creation trio since they have an ability to go through dimensions.

It's not always a matter of choice-the Ultra Wormholes also brought the UBs and Annabel through, even though they weren't intentionally using them. I'd say "Pokemon with teleporting powers brings these Pokemon across large distances for no reason" is about as good an explanation as "random wormhole opens up to these Pokemon"-which is to say that neither are particularly good ones.

Or what about "Hey, Reversal Mountain is similar to Stark Mountain, therefore you can find Heatran there, too!" I mean, I know that not a lot of people have the necessary games to get all the Pokémon, but sometimes you find yourself wondering "why are you here?"

I think Ultra Space can better be linked to Palkia.
I know it won't happen, but I want to see Ultra Wormhole upon releasing UBs and the player (maybe with Cynthia) would try to reach Palkia to close the portals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom