• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM095: Wela Volcano, Golone, Golonya, and the Mountaineers!

See I knew it, disappointment episode. Just as I expected. Nothing else much except for the Photo bombing and the funny mustache battled.

Isnt it sad that a couple of Hikers catch a pokemon faster then the main characters? A waste for Chargabug, a waste of the UG. 3/10
I guess the classmates' Pokemon will not evolve faster until the end of the series. No Ultra Beasts either. It was the cause of a few Alolan Geodude, Graveler and one Golem. Plus, Dare Da? featured an Alolan Graveler, and Ash and his classmates have been wearing UG outfits for the entire episode without their regular clothes.

Last edited:
Isnt it sad that a couple of Hikers catch a pokemon faster then the main characters? A waste for Chargabug, a waste of the UG. 3/10
@PetitEevee
Like I say before, don't expected very much. Otherwise, disappointment always comes first as for Charjabug, it will be them head to Ula Ula or Poni Island again since either both of the location got Magnetic Field such as the Blush Mountain or Vast Poni Canyon. It all depends if the writer wanted to do those episode or not. But it will be great about a Mini Arc with Guzma making the entry and target one of Ash's classmate such as Sophocles. Then, it will perfect Charjabug to finally evolve into Vikavolt. Otherwise, worse come to worse it will another filler episode focusing on that Pokémon as the leader of both Crubbin and wild Charjabug like this episode.

Either way, I would rather see him facing Guzma at the Magnetic Field to evolves during the battled. It will be more satisfying. But I won't expecting that to happens since the promotion of the Let's Go are on the way.

Is this the first episode to show that the Ride Pokémon are being kept in Poké Balls and are able to be recalled and sent out by their non-Trainer Riders? I don't recall seeing this before. I know we've seen Kiawe send out Charizard, although I personally always assumed Kiawe actually owns Charizard as it was a gift from his grandpa.

Is this the first episode to show that the Ride Pokémon are being kept in Poké Balls and are able to be recalled and sent out by their non-Trainer Riders? I don't recall seeing this before. I know we've seen Kiawe send out Charizard, although I personally always assumed Kiawe actually owns Charizard as it was a gift from his grandpa.

Apart from Charizard, this is probably the first time

Was great to see Metang in action, according to Bulbapedia, Thrash made its first appearance in years

Besides Kiawe keeping Chaizard in one, yes this is the first time we’ve seen them kept in Poke Balls- accounting for all the times they’ve disappeared previously...

That's what Playerking has put though not understanding Japanese and without subtitles or captions, I can't confirm if the move was in fact used
The pronounciation of a move's Japanese name can be seen in the tooltips of its Japanese name at its respective Bulbapedia article. You can use that to check it yourself.

Agreed with everybody else.

I get that Sophocles has two Pokémon already and so having him capture Golem might’ve been a stretch, but seriously, I was kind of hoping that the magnetic field would allow Charjabug to surprise evolve at the end. I mean this IS the anime we’re talking about here...

I also don’t like how, even though this is an Ultra Guardians episode for some bizarre reason, the episode focuses on the boys and their battle with the Graveler & Golem while the girls spend the whole episode more or less just standing there outside of the cave. I mean couldn’t they have done something like SM080 where everybody gets separated and then each pair of students has some antics with one of the Hikers?

So yeah, I felt like this episode definitely had some potential as a filler episode, but, to quote Krusty the Clown: "I could pull a better cartoon out of my a-hehehe, whoa! Wasn't that great kids?"

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom