• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

New Moves/Abilities

This is the ability I picture Meltan and its evolution getting come gen 8.

A steel version of water absorb, volt absorb and flash fire. Due to it's lore stating that it absorbs metal, it works similarly in that a steel move will heal it.

So almost 80% of all physical moves?

Counted them, only about 40 or 50 moves not more.
There are over 200 physical and 180 special currently.
Something like lets say 400 damage dealing moves we have totally.
The amount will probably grow.
That would be 10% only and some abilities and immunities have much more if You count them too and not state false numbers without checking them up.
(I give not exact data but close numbers)
Take and count them, see how many.
Hammer arm is not a pure weapon based one in my opinion.

Ramproof - immunity to tackle, slam, head based and other "full body" hitting direct moves. (Head smash, brave bird , Aerial ace, flare blitz, zen headbut,aqua jet)

could add pecking moves, like peck, drill peck to bc they hit direct when wing attack can hit from the side and is not a full body attack.

This one would block less amount of moves but other kind.

This one for grass/steel starter would be great or for a Chesnaught mega form.
The Kings Order would be good for a grass/rock starter and other pokemon dual types.

a dragon/steel pokemon with both this new abilities , a rolling one, on 4 legs, maybe a other branch evolution for Jangmo-o ???
Could you maybe check Soundproof, Bulletproof, Queenly Majesty, Wonder Guard, Flash Fire, Water Absorb, Lighting Rod, Sap Sipper and others ? and the dark, steel, ground, fairy, normal, flying, ghost type immunities? and give us their data, then we can compare them more objective because if one person does it and others don't check then there could be hidden failures.

Abilities like Water Compaction and Heatproof then fall lame in comparision to them.(both should rise stats like currently and reduce damage about 50% or 66% maybe?)

weird that we didn't got a ability immunity against flying types already or summoning Gravity. (smog creature? transparent or causing fear)

also a ability immunity against bug type moves for a grass type would be neat.
Or a electric/grass type like work like bug lamp.

Last edited:
I know we're all chatting about moves and abilities here, but I've just had an idea involving a certain group of held items. You know how the Metal Coat boosts Steel type moves? And that the Razor Claw increases a Pokémon's crit ratio?

What if all of the other trade evolution items got their own in-battle effects too? If you're not able to do trades, then the likes of the Electirizer and Magmarizer are completely useless objects that just sit in your bags and gather dust. Might as well give them some other use for a single player experience, right?

I mean, I could see the Protector functioning as a physical Assault Vest myself.

I know we're all chatting about moves and abilities here, but I've just had an idea involving a certain group of held items. You know how the Metal Coat boosts Steel type moves? And that the Razor Claw increases a Pokémon's crit ratio?

What if all of the other trade evolution items got their own in-battle effects too? If you're not able to do trades, then the likes of the Electirizer and Magmarizer are completely useless objects that just sit in your bags and gather dust. Might as well give them some other use for a single player experience, right?

I mean, I could see the Protector functioning as a physical Assault Vest myself.

great idea. They could boost their type moves attack power or reduce the hits gained by moves
from own type?
reduce the hits gained by moves from own type?
when hit by a move that is of the type like the user.

New shield protecting moves that could drain hp, confuse after contact and block the last move that hit them for 3 turns would be nice. Could see ghost, psychic and fairy getting this kind of stuff.

you know the obedience problem with those 8 badges thing?
what if a move or ability of a new pokemon could cause it in battle?
Imagine a move for 5 turns on every of oponents pokemon or a new ability that would always make it happen? The oponent without posibility control his team?
How would that be?
typing could be psychic, bug , ghost, fairy I think at least.

Last edited:
I think it would be cool if Porygon got an Ability called Virus, which change the Pokémon's type to something that resists the opposing type.

Example: If you sent Porygon out against a Dragon, it would become Fairy. If you sent it out against a Ground, it would become Flying. If you sent it out against a Fire, it would become Water. Ect.

It is similar to things like Color Change and Protean, but for opposing types instead of same types.

I think it would be cool if Porygon got an Ability called Virus, which change the Pokémon's type to something that resists the opposing type.

Example: If you sent Porygon out against a Dragon, it would become Fairy. If you sent it out against a Ground, it would become Flying. If you sent it out against a Fire, it would become Water. Ect.

It is similar to things like Color Change and Protean, but for opposing types instead of same types.

It would be more suited to Porygon-Z, which is often said to be not working in its intended way.
I would not like to see the prior stages with the ability, as Porygon-2 is already defence focused with the Eviolite. It could give Porygon Z an edge over its pre-Evolution and show how the dubious disc affected it.

It would be more suited to Porygon-Z, which is often said to be not working in its intended way.
I would not like to see the prior stages with the ability, as Porygon-2 is already defence focused with the Eviolite. It could give Porygon Z an edge over its pre-Evolution and show how the dubious disc affected it.

I meant the whole Porygon line, just a whole new set of abilities for them. You have a point with the Dubious Disc thing, perhaps Downland could change to Virus at evolution

not only our psychic Reuniclus also would like this.

Mind Trap- hurts oponent every turn with energy waves , 1/8hp when getting trapped by a oponents move or ability and traps it in return. (dark/fairy??? fairy/ghost??? dark ghost???)

Mindblock- the oponents pokemon can't use moves that get STAB from their typing against the user of this ability (for a psychic/bug type, bye bye Greninja and Talonflame again)

Necromancer- (ghost type) the user of this ability can transform on the start of the battle into any pokemon of the user or oponent that already fainted on the field during battle. (when a Ditto battles a pokemon with this ability it will transform into the oryginal pokemon with Necromancer and will be able to choose a different pokemon then the oponent)

Necromancy- the user of this ability will be able to activate a status move of fainted ally or oponets pokemon in it's party every turn as a extra move.

Moves:
Sound Palm- fairy/physical/ similar like force palm but emits sound waves when it hits, 10% chance of causing confussion.

Necro Assist- the user can use a move of a fainted ally pokemon.

Last edited:
Moves:
-Power Outage: Electric type move super effective against other Electric types (unblocked by abilities), lowers Sp. Atk. (Magnezone, Electivire, Manectric, Eelektross, Zerarora, etc.)

-Soul Draining: Ghost type Leech Seed. (Mismagius, Banette, Dusknoir, Mimikyu, Froslass, etc.)

-Fairy Whip: Physical Fairy type move that might cause flinching. (Florges, Sylveon, Tapus, Comfey, etc.)

Moves:

Dragon Fire- dragon, power 70, special, SE against steel types, has 30% chance of burning.

Fairy Wings- fairy, physical, power 80, special, makes the user levitate for 3 turns but if used in succesion (turn after turn or before the 3 turns not pass) causes 30% recoil damage and reverts the levitating part back.

Acid Flare- poison, special, power 70, 50% chance of burning, when the user has corrosion ability then hits and damages steel types, causes recoil damage 30%

Gong Hammer- steel, power 70, sound move, physical, has 25% chance of dissabling for whole game the oponents strongest move in move slots even before the oponent will be able using it. (100% if used last from all its other moves during battle, in the 4 turn)

Sound Needle- bug, physical, sound, 70, has 30% of dissabling a oponents strongest move during battle, when used first has 100% of doing so but can self not be used afterwards bc looses all pp.

I'm surprised there's no offensive feather move yet for bird Pokemon. Maybe Gen 8 will change that. Anyway, I think it should be called Feather Shot.

Physical.
Hits 2-3 times.
35 Base Power.
High chance to crit.

And then a second one, for our non-physical bird friends, called Downy Storm.

Special.
80 Base Power.
Has a 20% chance to lower the opponent's Speed stat by one stage.

All weight based moves should cause flinching by 40% the % should get smaller or bigger with the power.
Quick sand- Ground weight move that hurts heavy oponents, physical. Gravity slam-psychic weight move that hurts heavy oponents.

Moves:

Soul Drain
  • Ghost/Special
  • 80 Base Power/10 PP/85 accuracy
  • Restores 50% of damage dealt to the user’s HP.
  • The user drains their foe of vitality. The user’s HP is restored by half the damage taken by the target.
Brutal Sting
  • Bug/Physical
  • 95 Base Power/15 PP/100 accuracy
  • 10% chance to paralyze the opponent
  • The user strikes the opponent with their stinger. This may also leave the target with paralysis.
Thunder Spear
  • Electric/Physical
  • 100 Base Power/10 PP/80 accuracy
  • 10% chance to burn opponent
  • The user summons a lightning bolt before hurling it at the opponent. This may also leave the target with a burn.
Jet Wing
  • Flying/Physical
  • 70 Base Power/15 PP/100 accuracy
  • Priority +1
  • The user slams their wings into the opponent at an insanely high speed. This move always goes first.
Neural Strike
  • Psychic/Special
  • 70 Base Power/10 PP
  • Always hits
  • The user reads the mind of their opponent before unleashing an odd psychic wave. This move always hits.

I had a strange idea for an Ability

"Piercing Shot"
•Hidden Ability
•Special Attacks ignore the effects of any Defensive Moves such as Protect, reflect, light screen, Endure, Detect, and King's Shield. As well as ignoring any Stat Changes applied to the Defending Pokemon.

Last edited:
I hope liquid oze, overcoat and damp will protect from stealth rocks too in future.
Weird but Magma armor actually should protect from stealth rocks. Magma.
This would help a lot of pokemon.

Hmmm new abilities and moves?

Time Push- psychic or ghost, power 40, causes 1 turn to count as 3. Will make that if sandstorm is on the field it will work immediately 3 times in one turn. Terrains and weathers wil work faster and shorter. For a steel/psychic or ghost standing clock. Would work interesting with course and perish song.

Time back- heals user 1/4 hp on that turn , removes status conditions and sets back all terrains, weathers to work longer like from the start.

Hmm ability: Time Pause: 30% chance of causing oponent to recharge a turn before/after (50%chance for before or after ) attacking the user of this ability.

I have strange ideas for a few held Items.

"Yellow Card"
If the holder is hit by a damaging move and does not faint, it consumes the Yellow Card, and forces the Trainer that used the move to skip their next turn.

"Trap Card"
If the opposing Pokemon swaps out and another is sent out, this consumes the Trap Card, when the card is consumed, it prevents foes from switching out or fleeing, as well as apply a random entry hazard.

I have strange ideas for a few held Items.

"Yellow Card"
If the holder is hit by a damaging move and does not faint, it consumes the Yellow Card, and forces the Trainer that used the move to skip their next turn.

"Trap Card"
If the opposing Pokemon swaps out and another is sent out, this consumes the Trap Card, when the card is consumed, it prevents foes from switching out or fleeing, as well as apply a random entry hazard.
I want that second one just for the ability to say "you activated my trap card"

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom