• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Official Pre-Pokémon Sword & Pokémon Shield Speculation & Leaks thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
yep meltan is gen 7 its dex number is 808 and its evolution Melmetal is dex number 809 the pokemon company recently confirmed it even check serebii
Yeah, this is a part of why I am a bit skeptical of seeing Gen 8 next year. There can still be a new Gen 8 Mythical for next year's film like Volcanion and Magearna. But I do have a bit of doubt. Don't know why. :/

Yeah, this is a part of why I am a bit skeptical of seeing Gen 8 next year. There can still be a new Gen 8 Mythical for next year's film like Volcanion and Magearna. But I do have a bit of doubt. Don't know why. :/
I think they'll use Meltan to carry over the Sun and Moon anime til Gen 8. I think they'll flip the collect Zygarde side quest to Meltan. Two scientists with Aether foundation = Sina and Dexio, Meltan box = Zygarde cube, Collecting Meltan = Collecting Zygarde cores, Melmetal = receiving Zygarde complete

It’s literally confirmed that the next game is Generation 8...
Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. And no, new Pokemon doesn't equal a new generation. USUM and Meltan + Melmetal have shown otherwise. I know that people will say that they're only new Ultra Beasts and the latter two are only Mythicals. But still.

It also being stated to not be an entry game and an evolved game makes me all more suspicious. Granted this could all just be PR talk.

Haven't seen it confirmed anywhere. And no, new Pokemon doesn't equal a new generation. USUM and Meltan + Melmetal have shown otherwise. I know that people will say that they're only new Ultra Beasts and the latter two are only Mythicals. But still.

It also being stated to not be an entry game and an evolved game makes me all more suspicious. Granted this could all just be PR talk.

But they said many new Pokemon, not just 5 or 2, which means there will be at least about 70 to 80 new Pokemon. They never introduced any huge amount of Pokemon in the middle of a generation.

In addition to this they compare the new games to XY and SM.

But they said many new Pokemon, not just 5 or 2, which means there will be at least about 70 to 80 new Pokemon. They never introduced any huge amount of Pokemon in the middle of a generation.
Never said it'll be Gen 7 Pokemon. More of it'll not just be traditional Gen 8 Pokemon.

In addition to this they compare the new games to XY and SM.
Still, I feel that we aren't just looking at traditional Pokemon games. Not a Gen 8 per se.

They can't use the Let's Go formula two games in a row, that would use up the new series way too quickly. I'm pretty sure the next games will be traditional games, also Game Freak only makes main series games, not spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon.

Also, time for everyone to face facts, no generation will ever be the current generation forever (unless Pokemon ends, but I highly doubt it at this point), it was annoying back in Gen 6 that people asked for it to be prolonged just because previous generations only lasted for 3 years. This is in fact, the 3rd year of Gen 7, which is extremely likely to be the last year in which Gen 7 would be the current generation.

To be quite honest. I am tired of traditional Pokemon games. And with the series moving to console, Pokemon should start to feel more like console games instead of heavily upgraded handheld games.

So I am hoping more of an evolved experience next year than just choose starter, battle evil team, collect badges/stickers, legendary plays a large part, become Champion.

To be quite honest. I am tired of traditional Pokemon games. And with the series moving to console, Pokemon should start to feel more like console games instead of heavily upgraded handheld games.

So I am hoping more of an evolved experience next year than just choose starter, battle evil team, collect badges/stickers, legendary plays a large part, become Champion.
So, what do you have in mind?

They can't use the Let's Go formula two games in a row, that would use up the new series way too quickly. I'm pretty sure the next games will be traditional games, also Game Freak only makes main series games, not spin-offs like Mystery Dungeon.

That's not true anymore due to Game Freak having made Pokemon Quest.

They did say that these games will be meeting a lot of fans expectations. I do think it'll be more than just a handheld game ported to console. Whether it'll be good or not remains to be seen.

I guess we should brace ourselves for the upcoming hype backlash, since no matter how good the game is, someone, somewhere will consider it the worst game in the series because it doesn't have a minor feature they wanted, and seeing how they already said it will meet lots of expectations, well, I hope this fandom doesn't break into lots of pieces.

So, what do you have in mind?
My dream game would be an open world, choice driven experience with a large post game which has a huge Battle Frontier with all the facilities from both, an upgraded Underground, Secret Bases, Contests but with limit cap from RSE and more.

But to curb expectations, a more open world, not a completely open world, but a larger map. A bigger post game which isn't filled with just Battle Facilities. An end goal that isn't just become Champion. More choices that result in different endings, but a few so as to not jump into the deep end right away.

I guess we should brace ourselves for the upcoming hype backlash, since no matter how good the game is, someone, somewhere will consider it the worst game in the series because it doesn't have a minor feature they wanted, and seeing how they already said it will meet lots of expectations, well, I hope this fandom doesn't break into lots of pieces.
Ugh, don't even remind me of the disgusting backlash that Gen 5 received when it was new.

And with the series moving to console, Pokemon should start to feel more like console games instead of heavily upgraded handheld games.
But to curb expectations, a more open world, not a completely open world, but a larger map. A bigger post game which isn't filled with just Battle Facilities. An end goal that isn't just become Champion. More choices that result in different endings, but a few so as to not jump into the deep end right away.
I can understand wanting these things, but I don't understand how they make Pokemon feel any more like a console game? (especially the end goal part-that's entirely based on story, not gameplay) Comparing it to console RPGs with similar audiences (Earthbound, Paper Mario games, Undertale), only one of those has branching endings, and none of them have particularly notable postgames.

I can understand wanting these things, but I don't understand how they make Pokemon feel any more like a console game? (especially the end goal part-that's entirely based on story, not gameplay) Comparing it to console RPGs with similar audiences (Earthbound, Paper Mario games, Undertale), only one of those has branching endings, and none of them have particularly notable postgames.
I think BOTW, Mario Odyssey, GTA when it comes to console games. But still, Pokemon is now competing with some big franchises. So it really feels that it needs to evolve to keep up. Bolt said something similar a while back. And I quite agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom